Home Match Day Thread 16/02/2021 Papa John's Trophy SF - OUFC v Tranmere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curse of f*****g Sky tv ...aint our night

It’s missing the Portsmouth and Wycombe games from last season but it’s starting to ring true. Sky ain’t good for us!

It was one of those games where a few things went well for them and went wrong for us and the confidence dipped. Things stopped sticking, the fouls occurred and we laboured until the game drifted.

Grayson was very green and wasn’t convincing. Hall is finished. Hanson isn’t quick enough to be a RB in Long’s absence - it should be Forde. Taylor should not be exempt from criticism and Winnall is starting to become more deserving of a start. Agyei should come back too.

It’s the EFL Trophy. We had no divine right to be in the final and it showed. Good luck to Tranmere. They worked hard against us and deserved the luck that came their way.

This has been one of the most embarrassing forum meltdowns I've seen. Bloody hell. I bet half the people losing their s**t over the fact that we've lost this regularly refer to this competition as the 'Mickey Mouse Cup' and proudly declare how they're boycotting it most of the time. It seriously doesn't matter.

The performance wasn't great, but we still missed a penalty, hit the woodwork a number of times, should have had about three more... If we're doing all that while playing badly I really don't think the team is as s**t as many on here suddenly seem to think it is. Players were clearly playing at about 75% (and why not, it's a reserve team cup, no need to over-exert yourself) or still leggy from our last match - which, lest we forget, ended about 49 hours ago. Grayson looked concerningly off the pace, and I would agree that Hall is now definitively done at this level (with our options up front, barring major injuries I doubt we'll be seeing him in a yellow shirt again), but otherwise I don't see the need to get too worked up. If anything, I'm annoyed we threw on our best players chasing the game. They should have been rested for Saturday.

Fair play to Tranmere, they did a job on us. The second goal came at the perfect time for them, just as we were building momentum. As I said before, I do feel for them after the way they were sent down last season, so will be cheering them on in the final, their fans deserve it.

Move on, crack open a beer and try not to let this ruin your week. We'll have more than enough opportunities to lose our s**t at Oxford United between now and the end of the season, I'm sure - don't waste any energy on this one!

This has been one of the most embarrassing forum meltdowns I've seen. Bloody hell. I bet half the people losing their s**t over the fact that we've lost this regularly refer to this competition as the 'Mickey Mouse Cup' and proudly declare how they're boycotting it most of the time. It seriously doesn't matter.

The performance wasn't great, but we still missed a penalty, hit the woodwork a number of times, should have had about three more... If we're doing all that while playing badly I really don't think the team is as s**t as many on here suddenly seem to think it is. Players were clearly playing at about 75% (and why not, it's a reserve team cup, no need to over-exert yourself) or still leggy from our last match - which, lest we forget, ended about 49 hours ago. Grayson looked concerningly off the pace, and I would agree that Hall is now definitively done at this level (with our options up front, barring major injuries I doubt we'll be seeing him in a yellow shirt again), but otherwise I don't see the need to get too worked up. If anything, I'm annoyed we threw on our best players chasing the game. They should have been rested for Saturday.

Fair play to Tranmere, they did a job on us. The second goal came at the perfect time for them, just as we were building momentum. As I said before, I do feel for them after the way they were sent down last season, so will be cheering them on in the final, their fans deserve it.

Move on, crack open a beer and try not to let this ruin your week. We'll have more than enough opportunities to lose our s**t at Oxford United between now and the end of the season, I'm sure - don't waste any energy on this one!
This.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom