Home Match Day Thread 13/04/2024: L1: OUFC v Peterborough

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Still buzzing from yesterday and to top of it off my wonderful wife just told me if Oxford get to Wembley I can go instead of attending a family wedding happy f*****g days

Family should always come first …… 🤔😂

We really could have scored 8 or 9. Really surprised how bad they were and how they collapsed under our onslaught. We will probably play them in the playoffs.

Still buzzing from yesterday and to top of it off my wonderful wife just told me if Oxford get to Wembley I can go instead of attending a family wedding happy f*****g days
I'd tell my wife straight "Bollox to the wedding, I'm off to Wembley, YELLOWS!! YELLOWS!!"

Then I'd run and hide

Lighten up 🙄
why don't you stop behaving like an idiot?

there are lots of reasons to criticise the senior management, including their lack of comms.

In this case TIm Williams gives an informative interview, talks about whats going on with the stadium, plans for next season and the fans forum.

Deserves better than that from you

why don't you stop behaving like an idiot?

there are lots of reasons to criticise the senior management, including their lack of comms.

In this case TIm Williams gives an informative interview, talks about whats going on with the stadium, plans for next season and the fans forum.

Deserves better than that from you
You’re right, he’s smashing it 👍. Not at all coincidental that he speaks now. I’m out of order.

Long and brown pocketed 3 strikers yesterday Ricky jade jones , Johnson Clarke Harris, mothersille
Long was impressive yesterday because he was playing in his ‘natural’ position. As a right back he has been near disastrous; his strengths are positioning and reading the game, NOT stopping a quick winger running at him. Moore’s absence was a blessing in disguise.

Long was impressive yesterday because he was playing in his ‘natural’ position. As a right back he has been near disastrous; his strengths are positioning and reading the game, NOT stopping a quick winger running at him. Moore’s absence was a blessing in disguise.
Yep - what really impressed me yesterday was his anticipation.

I think you are out of order, yes.
Maybe I would be if he had a track record of speaking when the chips were down (and they so often have been since he arrived) and fans most needed to hear from him. He’s got history of speaking at times he can hide behind on field success. My comment was in jest but not unreasonable.

The fact you’re defensive proves the point - had we been on the back of 5 losses by 4 or 5 goals I doubt you’d be leaping to his defence quite so quickly. Then again, he wouldn’t be speaking if that were the case.

Didn’t look like a 5 million pound player to me, there aren’t too many League One players, (especially defenders) worth that sort of money.

Knight (5) and Katongo (2) had absolute nightmares for the first 45 minutes, mainly due to Murphy, both got hauled off at halftime.

Mason-Clarke looked dangerous, however I thought Stevens on the whole did pretty well against him, and stuck to his task.

Ajiboye who came on at halftime caused Leigh a few problems and looked the most likely of the Peterborough players to create an opening.
Josh Knight, no 5, in particular looked like one of the worst defenders I’ve ever seen. With his first 3 passes he passed to Leigh twice with the third straight into touch.
Was gutted when saw he wasn’t out for the second half!

With the Dub and Wasn't at the game, the RO coverage has improved even more.
We are lucky to have such an excellent local radio station and presenters.
Completely agree, I watched the replay on iFollow this morning (was at the game as well of course) and had the away commentary on. They were truly terrible!

Maybe I would be if he had a track record of speaking when the chips were down (and they so often have been since he arrived) and fans most needed to hear from him. He’s got history of speaking at times he can hide behind on field success. My comment was in jest but not unreasonable.

The fact you’re defensive proves the point - had we been on the back of 5 losses by 4 or 5 goals I doubt you’d be leaping to his defence quite so quickly. Then again, he wouldn’t be speaking if that were the case
Why not listen to the interview and then comment?
We have a number of issues which are even more important than the recent success on the field.

Back
Top Bottom