Home Match Day Thread 13/04/2024: L1: OUFC v Peterborough

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Agree on this one,thought Stevens was outstanding today against probably the best Left side in the whole League.He got the wrong side once up against Mason-Clark but after that he didn’t put a foot wrong,his first time whip assist into Ruben was outstanding too.

If Brannagan is fit for Tuesday though I’d still put him in over McEachran even though I thought JM had a great game today.
Don't see why they can't both play, McEachran can sit and allow Brannagan to play as one of the 8's where he can get at teams more. Sign me up for some of that.

Don't see why they can't both play, McEachran can sit and allow Brannagan to play as one of the 8's where he can get at teams more. Sign me up for some of that.
You don’t drop TG or RR though IMO. They have been pivotal in our turn around and it is another example of DB’s management where he is getting RR more involved in games.

You don’t drop TG or RR though IMO. They have been pivotal in our turn around and it is another example of DB’s management where he is getting RR more involved in games.
I actually thought RR didn't do a huge amount today bar take his goals brilliantly. Big fan of Goodrham too but if we can keep this system and get Brannagan in his best position then it's worth looking at, he's the best player in the squad in that role in my book.

Great performance and result today, and really sent a statement. Congratulations all round and a special shout out to Murphy, McEachran and Des.
It was a managerial defining performance. Finally we have got players playing in Desball formation who can play it. In Rodrigues and Goodrham we have found the players who can play the double No 10 role. Both attacked with the ball but dropped into a proper midfield 3 in defending. Whilst we only had 30% possession they did ensure that we covered midfield gaps so Posh found it difficult to find momentum. Previously they were the holes that were killing us.
The work rate and effort from everybody was unreal. Losing Moore and Cambran literally helped us find some balance. Long was moved from full back and McEachran played the holding role superbly.
Murphy was outstanding yet again, defenders must hate playing him in this very rich vein of form. He really is a class above League 1.
With pressure showing throughout the top of League 1 suddenly the path to the play offs looks comfortable. Let's hope we can continue to play in this composed and positive style. It was interesting if we had got to 2-0 under Manning we would
have shut up shop. Today we wanted to cause carnage.
It is obviously a difficult style to play because if parts don't function it looks and feels wrong but when you get it right it is highly impressive.

I actually thought RR didn't do a huge amount today bar take his goals brilliantly. Big fan of Goodrham too but if we can keep this system and get Brannagan in his best position then it's worth looking at, he's the best player in the squad in that role in my book.
The thing with RR is that he drags players out of position. He is very clever at making players go where he wants them to which then creates space for others.
He is a player that you want in the team who are flying and it’s going well, the problem is you wouldn’t maybe put him in the side if you are in a dog fight.

Best performance we've produced in the league for years. Every player was outstanding, we took our chances when needed and made a very good Peterborough side look worse than Fleetwood. It really could've been 9-0 and I don't think I've seen such an error-strewn performance from an away side since the conference days and most of that was down to our relentless pressure.

Des is really winning me over - he needed to prove that he can deliver a game plan against a top side and today that is what he did. Very excited for Tuesday and Friday now!

No surprise the atmosphere was so much better than it's been for ages when the intensity of our play was so much better than it's been for ages. It's not a case that demolishing teams four or five nil will equate to a good atmosphere, the performance against Fleetwood was not that great despite the result, and the atmosphere was also poor.

Today we pressed from the off and everyone looked up for it, that gave the fans something to get behind. Oxford United fans demand exciting, fast-paced, intense football and if today is an indicator of what Des wants from the team, then we can look forward to a lot more quality atmospheres at the breezeblock!

Rodrigues kept getting in the right positions to pop up late in the box for cutbacks, you can’t put a price on that. I thought he had a very good game.

Back
Top Bottom