• SUB: Henry

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bath Yellow

Last edited by a moderator:
Just back. Entertaining game in which a draw is okay.
We dominated possession second half and Wow! Murphy was, at times totally unstoppable. If that chance had gone in at the end, I would have been out of my seat (and probably scrapping as I was in their end).
Smith though quietly pissed me off with his goal celebration in front of our fans.
Boy, does that guy hold a grudge!
Shame he couldn’t be that player when he was with us.
All in all a decent game from us although clearly there is work to do because without that goalscorer we get no end product to our dominance.

Every away game a not insignifant proportion of our support is taking cocaine.
It was all over the place at Orient. It doesn't really bother me personally, probably more reflective of society and I bet most teams are the same.
Yeah I'm pretty relaxed about it but there's a time and a place!!

Saturday in London on when you're on the ale - go ahead.

Tuesday night in Reading - what are you doing!?

Just back. Entertaining game in which a draw is okay.
We dominated possession second half and Wow! Murphy was, at times totally unstoppable. If that chance had gone in at the end, I would have been out of my seat (and probably scrapping as I was in their end).
Smith though quietly pissed me off with his goal celebration in front of our fans.
Boy, does that guy hold a grudge!
Shame he couldn’t be that player when he was with us.
All in all a decent game from us although clearly there is work to do because without that goalscorer we get no end product to our dominance.
Entertaining game? It was shite!

been looking through @Deanroger's posts. Has he ever made a positive post about OUFC on here? i f anyone finds one please share it and I will make a donation to the helen house appeal
That's a very personal post. I am actually a very positive person, but it is hard not to highlight how our form has dropped off significantly for the worse. I'm not blaming Des and I really want him to succeed but it is really frustrating to watch.

How many games has he been voted MOTM on here in, say, the last 5?
Which tells you how bad the others are playing. Yes he has fleeting moments, but just lacks that final ball/shot. He needs to be more decisive e.g. like his shot in the 91st minute - beat his man, moved ball inside and shot just wide

Harris a yard short around the box again but by now we know that’s just in his DNA. Look at the difference in Sam Smith; busy, alert, found space, good touch, goal.

Murphy was excellent, deserved a goal.

I’m not suggesting that was a masterclass. We were very dodgy first half but second half, what more could we have done besides put the ball in the net? And if you don’t have the players available who know how to do that then guess what… you probably won’t score!! But it wasn’t through lack of trying or poor play.
We were better 2nd half, but didn’t muster one single shot on target after the break. For all the possession, apart from some excellent wing play from Murphy and a close effort from him and a deflected Bodin shot, we offered absolutely no threat up top at all. Their keeper didn‘t have a shot to save.

I genuinely couldn’t believe how negative we were in the final 15-20 mins with playing the ball between keeper and back 4, just pointless passing around, wasted time and risking a mistake. This against a very poor team and us needing 3 points very badly.

I thought Des was an attacking manager who likes to get the ball forward quickly. WTF is happening to us at the minute? Yes we’ve got players injured but so had Reading and so have every team, boy do we need a few fast powerful forward players signing at the start of Jan!

Yeah I'm pretty relaxed about it but there's a time and a place!!

Saturday in London on when you're on the ale - go ahead.

Tuesday night in Reading - what are you doing!?
Maybe it's because it's so rampant in London but I think some people would be truly amazed by how commonplace it is, and the type of people who take it.

Just highlights the pointlessness of drugs being illegal, people will always find a way to get off their nut. Has probably been ever so.

Can someone get Harris some performance enhancers?

I agree with you. As you say we’re missing individual quality but that is to be expected with some of the injuries and the fact we’ve only had one window to turn around the KR mess.

Josh Murphy gets better each game and Ruben would have filled his boots in that game. We lack a striker who gambles in the six yard box but I thought the whole thing was decent.
But Reading were so poor and probably the poorest team I’ve seen this season, and at times they made us like a poor team.

At the moment with the way we’re playing we’re a mid table team at best.

We’re too slow with no urgency/tempo, and don’t look good through the thirds at the moment, so add the no end product and it doesn’t bode well.

We were better 2nd half, but didn’t muster one single shot on target after the break. For all the possession, apart from some excellent wing play from Murphy and a close effort from him and a deflected Bodin shot, we offered absolutely no threat up top at all. Their keeper didn‘t have a shot to save.

I genuinely couldn’t believe how negative we were in the final 15-20 mins with playing the ball between keeper and back 4, just pointless passing around, wasted time and risking a mistake. This against a very poor team and us needing 3 points very badly.

I thought Des was an attacking manager who likes to get the ball forward quickly. WTF is happening to us at the minute? Yes we’ve got players injured but so had Reading and so have every team, boy do we need a few fast powerful forward players signing at the start of Jan!
Totally agree

First half we were s**t, second half we were the better team but didn’t create enough.

Better with Brown in his proper position and a genuine left back out there, Murphy shined but we are absolutely desperate for a centre forward or two.

So basically we know exactly what we knew beforehand.

That, against a team that’s in the bottom 4, was absolutely desperate.

For all the talk by Brannagan before hand about it being a derby, they just didn’t show it.

I’m flabbergasted that some think that it was anywhere near good enough in front of 3,000 away fans.

The players performances are worrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom