Away Match Day Thread 10/11/2020 Papa Johns Trophy - Walsall v OUFC

A really dire match. Poor performances from most, Kelly, Hall and Winnall especially all below par.
Plus bloody iFollow repeated buffering and blurry picture.
Not a good night, thank goodness we won at least.

A really dire match. Poor performances from most, Kelly, Hall and Winnall especially all below par.
Winnall gets stuck in not fully fit but getting there and will be a good addition when fully fit

Hall really is a waste of space. Kelly not much better. Good performances from the youngsters and from Henry. Pleased with Obita’s debut too.

Our current formation, even if you play with someone in the number ten role, just doesn’t seem to offer enough support to the front man. Strange as last season there was plenty. The midfield two need to constantly be making runs into the box or the striker becomes isolated

EmfbMGZW4AYtn73

So my take on tonight is:

Stevens: Did his job. Nothing more.

Obita: Looked really sharp and a ready made upgrade to Ruffels. He will struggle to keep him out of the side, based on that 45. Seems to offer more going forward.

Long: Solid. Did really well and his passing out from the back is getting better and better.

Jones: Looked okay. Probably nervous but he’s weak in the challenge and got bullied by their midget forward. Seems to take an age on the ball and under pressure, can definitely make a mistake or two. I’m not convinced.

Elechi: Looked VERY GOOD. Got a great delivery on him and can pass the ball really well. He also likes to play on the overlap, which is something we have been missing at LB

Kelly: Non-existent. Keeps on giving away silly fouls. Physically, he’s just not up to it.

Mous: Did okay. His legs look gone. Move him into a coaching role, in order to free up a squad place.

Hall: Legs look gone. Didn’t create enough for me but had a good run out, nevertheless. Loan him out in Jan.

Henry: No idea what’s going on with him but he’s just not on it. Had a few half chances and fucked them. Seems to drift in and out of games too much for me. If he cannot command a game like this, you know he is struggling..

Cooper: Man of the match. Always dangerous on the left hand side and caused problems, right until he came off.

Winnall: Got good service in the first half and could have scored 2 before half time. Very Taylor-esque in his play. If he gets the service, he will score - one day.

Last edited:
Last thoughts on the game

what pisses me off -
we get into some great positions but over play and end up passing the ball backwards
Need to inject more pace energy and urgency into our play
play in the last third is poor

Solve that and be league winners !

Obika: Looked really sharp and a ready made upgrade to Ruffels. He will struggle to keep him out of the side, based on that 45. Seems to offer more going forward.

Long: Solid. Did really well and his passing out from the back is getting better and better.

Jones: Looked okay. Probably nervous but he’s weak in the challenge and got bullied by their midget forward. Seems to take an age on the ball and under pressure, can definitely make a mistake or two. I’m not convinced.

Elechi: Looked VERY GOOD. Got a great delivery on him and can pass the ball really well. He also likes to play on the overlap, which is something we have been missing at RB.

Kelly: Non-existent. Keeps on giving away silly fouls. Physically, he’s just not up to it.

Mous: Did okay. His legs look gone. Move him into a coaching role, in order to free up a squad place.

Hall: Legs look gone. Didn’t create enough for me but had a good run out, nevertheless. Loan him out in Jan.

Henry: No idea what’s going on with him but he’s just not on it. Had a few half chances and fucked them. Seems to drift in and out of games too much for me. If he cannot command a game like this, you know he is struggling..

Cooper: Man of the match. Always dangerous on the left hand side and caused problems, right until he came off.

Winnall: Got good service in the first half and could have scored 2 before half time. Very Taylor-esque in his play. If he gets the service, he will score - one day.
It’s Obita not Obika and Elechi is a LB

Obika: Looked really sharp and a ready made upgrade to Ruffels. He will struggle to keep him out of the side, based on that 45. Seems to offer more going forward.

Elechi: Looked VERY GOOD. Got a great delivery on him and can pass the ball really well. He also likes to play on the overlap, which is something we have been missing at RB.

Have you got a few players mixed up?

Elechi on the right?

Obika/Obita didn't play at full back.

Obika? I think you're having a Nick Harris moment!!

Back
Top Bottom