Away Match Day Thread 10/11/2020 Papa Johns Trophy - Walsall v OUFC

God sake. Note to self: double check my posts, before posting..

Sorry, didn’t realise how many people had pointed it out. Although I will now spend the night wondering how Obikas career would of gone had we converted him to a left back, a reverse Drogba as he storms up the leagues I reckon.

I was impressed with Chambers-Parillon during his brief cameo,

Less impressed than others with Cooper - he‘s certainly enthusiastic but also a bit naive.Lost the ball a few times and made some poor decisions with the ball. Not sure he ‘s ready.

ElechI impressed me - a big unit , strong and good with the ball. Not sure how much pace he’s got.

Obita looked classy. Thought Mous cruised through the game. Winnall getting game time will definitely help him.

Nico Jones was decent at the back.

IIRC, 5 of the team have to start the previous/following game. Stevens, Long, Kelly and Hall started vs Posh, suspect Henry is playing today with view to start our next game to meet the quota as I thought he'd be rested. Don't think there's anything stopping us subbing him in the 1st min mind

Players who have played a lot of games (can't remember the exact number) count as well to the number required so Mous would count. Unless they've changed it again.

Edit: really should read the rest of the thread before answering. :)

Last edited:

Less impressed than others with Cooper - he‘s certainly enthusiastic but also a bit naive.Lost the ball a few times and made some poor decisions with the ball. Not sure he ‘s ready.

ElechI impressed me - a big unit , strong and good with the ball. Not sure how much pace he’s got.

Obita looked classy. Thought Mous cruised through the game. Winnall getting game time will definitely help him.

I wasn’t to impressed with Jones tonight he was definitely nervous and he needs to know when to pass or at least get rid, but that will come in time. Tonight though Cooper was good very good and he needs to start next Tuesday. In a couple of years Chambers-Parillion will be the one to watch

Cooper:
  • Threaded a great through ball to Long out wide on the right which led to him crossing to Winnall for one of our best chances
  • Hit a superb crossfield ball to Obita who was free in miles of space on the left which also led to a chance
  • Tackled back covering for Long on a few occasions, one of which especially was superb defending and stopped a dangerous looking attack
  • Fizzed a couple of dangeous low balls into the box
  • Had a fairly decent shot saved and held by the keeper from distance
  • Danced through into the penalty box on the left late on, and was unlucky not to pick someone out
Can’t think of many other players who had as good an impact that game.

Mousinho was very good and calm. I thought Jones and Elechi did well. Both have a future. Cooper my man of the match. Rob Hall started well but had a poor 2nd half. Long looks so solid at full back. Aygei was decent. He has so many attributes but can be frustrating too. Very good goal by Osei.

Rob Hall just doesn’t look effective enough for long enough in games anymore. He seems a likeable lad but he’s just not good enough.

Sadly, I have to agree with this. I really wish it wasn't the case.

I only watched the last half hour or so. Hall was appalling. Kept on falling over. Kelly was awful. Kept on falling over. Nico jones looked classy. That was about it really. Funny that our non registered player scored a scorcher.

Young lads did well. Hall and Kelly need shipping out urgently so we can re-register Yaw and bring in another free agent. Obita looked like he could be a good signing in his first half performance. Tactics are frustrating to watch this season, we just don't seem to work balls along the ground into our forwards. Took 87 minutes to play a good ball in behind and Osei struck it brilliantly. I wish we fed him, winnall and taylor with service like that multiple times a game!
Who was it who slid that ball through to Osei? Can't make it out.

Young lads did well. Hall and Kelly need shipping out urgently so we can re-register Yaw and bring in another free agent. Obita looked like he could be a good signing in his first half performance. Tactics are frustrating to watch this season, we just don't seem to work balls along the ground into our forwards. Took 87 minutes to play a good ball in behind and Osei struck it brilliantly. I wish we fed him, winnall and taylor with service like that multiple times a game!

I suspect it will be somebody like a Marcus Browne type signing replacing Hall and the like.

EmfeTe9WMAg5hvp

Debutant Leon Chambers-Parillon interviewed post match at the Banks’s Stadium, Walsall.

Agree with all the above

Back
Top Bottom