Away Match Day Thread +++ 10/11/19 FA Cup Hayes and Yeading v OUFC +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like Fosu, great player and he seems like a nice guy but he comes across a bit strangely in interviews, he just says the same thing over and over! ‘The gaffers been on us all week... just got to, you know, keep trying’

Solid professional performance. That’s all that was required, and safely into the hat for tomorrow night.

Fair play to Hayes and Yeading, they did try and have a go. For them it wasn’t to be, and hopefully the money they have received stands them in good stead.

For me today we let ourselves down with our finishing, and was quite wasteful, but we’ve kept the run going, and march on!

Malden and Tiptree
Chichester
Kingstonian
Altincham
Dover

Any of them home or away would do me nicely.

Solid professional performance. That’s all that was required, and safely into the hat for tomorrow night.

Fair play to Hayes and Yeading, they did try and have a go. For them it wasn’t to be, and hopefully the money they have received stands them in good stead.

For me today we let ourselves down with our finishing, and was quite wasteful, but we’ve kept the run going, and march on!

Malden and Tiptree
Chichester
Kingstonian
Altincham
Dover

Any of them home or away would do me nicely.

To be honest, we'd probably do better against a L1 opponent right now!

H&Y really stepped up 2nd half, was much more competitive. Their GK and CB (Robinson I think) looked very good, but professional job from us

No I think we showed today we can play our usual game against lower opposition, and at certainly at home I’d be very confident against any of those.

I'm not saying I wouldn't fancy our chances against non-league sides. I'm just saying I've seen us being able to play our football better against the likes of Doncaster and Rotherham lately than we could against Hayes.

I think the game went to plan really. Keep passing the ball, and dont go for 50/50 tackles to avoid any further injuries. Frustrated at the chances missed, but it was all a case of not getting too close to the opponents and try and just keep moving the ball. Saying that their keeper had a great game. Only watched it on telly, looking at the ground, we could have been given a lot more tickets, but happy with that.

Overall we’re through to the next round, 1st half we should have been a mountain to climb for H&Y felt we were annihilating them but definitely not clinical enough Henry very wasteful with 2 efforts.
2nd half we ere very poor Fosu should have come of with 20 mins remaining he looked knackered. A good goal from Long and a good goal from Hall.
Now onto tomorrow evening and tge draw,
Onwards and upwards COYY

I think the game went to plan really. Keep passing the ball, and dont go for 50/50 tackles to avoid any further injuries. Frustrated at the chances missed, but it was all a case of not getting too close to the opponents and try and just keep moving the ball. Saying that their keeper had a great game. Only watched it on telly, looking at the ground, we could have been given a lot more tickets, but happy with that.

You could have fit a lot more people in but it would have been a miserable visual experience for them. Basically unless you were really tall, you could only see the game by being pressed up against the fence around the pitch. Think Thame United’s ground and you more or less have the same experience.

We did enough and that was that. I thought a few of our players were off their game - Fosu didn’t put the thrusters on like we know he can, Taylor’s final ball and watching the offside line was poor and Henry’s finishing - jeez. Nevertheless, Hall was introduced at the right time and we looked reasonably comfortable. Eastwood was called upon a little too often for my liking but we’re through and in the hat.

Thought Hayes & Yeading’s game plan second half was so much better. They pressed us, forced errors and looked to take advantage at corners and counters. Their keeper played well and they got in some good blocks. They could and should be proud of their efforts as they made a real game of it in the second half.

Well done lads, potential banana skin avoided.

Good times at OUFC!

Now please Robbo, rest some players on Tuesday!

Great first half, not so good second half with sloppy passing at times which against better teams we could have been punished, but overall we were very professional.

What I liked, was at no point did we look in danger and we keep going even when we’re ahead. Not something I could say we’ve done much of over the last 20 years or so.

Thought Agyei could have come on earlier, would have been good for him to have got at least 20mins.

Last edited:
I hope that Agyei starts midweek. As much to take the pressure off our current forward line somewhat.

Well done lads, potential banana skin avoided.

Good times at OUFC!

Now please Robbo, rest some players on Tuesday!
I think that KR has already said that the subs today will start on Tuesday?
The rest can be players from the youth team/U23s .
Maybe Long/ Moore/ Forde will play as well?

First half was comical - H&Y stood off us, and we passed rings about them. Should really have gone in 3-0 or 4-0 to the good. At least.

Then credit due to their manager....he changed things up completely at half time, and they came out second half and had a real go. As a result, Easty and our defenders had to earn their paycheck.

But we kept them out, and are in the hat.....job done.

And now all our key men should be able to get a nice two week rest before Sarfend.

p.s. Leyton Orient. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.......

I really like Fosu, great player and he seems like a nice guy but he comes across a bit strangely in interviews, he just says the same thing over and over! ‘The gaffers been on us all week... just got to, you know, keep trying’
He's at Oxford United not Oxford University. I'd rather he played good football than win prizes for literature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom