Away Match Day Thread +++ 10/11/19 FA Cup Hayes and Yeading v OUFC +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the weather was pretty decent and there was room, I understand that many with seats choose to stand on the concourse. The OUFC match report has 719 Oxford fans attending out of 1,505 overall; the capacity for the match was 1,550. I asked a steward why the limitation as the ground nominally holds 3,000 and he said this was after taking advice from OUFC and the police? Whatever, as others have noted the view would have been very restricted with a bigger crowd.

Good result. Respect to H&Y for giving it a go and their goalie (Smith) impressed.

Last edited:
As the weather was pretty decent and there was room, I understand that many with seats choose to stand on the concourse. The OUFC match report has 719 Oxford fans attending out of 1,505 overall; the capacity for the match was 1,550. I asked a steward why the limitation as the ground nominally holds 3,000 and he said this was after taking advice from OUFC and the police? Whatever, as others have noted the view would have been very restricted with a bigger crowd.

Good result. Respect to H&Y for giving it a go and their goalie (Smith) impressed.

But there were lots of empty seats - so how would extra people sitting there have restricted the view?

That was a thoroughly professional performance apart from the shooting! Special mention for Easty bang on it when eventually needed

I think quite a few with seats chose to go and stand instead.
Yes, I considered it. I bought a seat ticket because I suspected it might be bucketing down! The flatness of the standing areas and the fact that I'm bloody lazy meant I ended up staying in my seat.

I still don't really know what to think of the game.

On the one hand you could say it was a professional job, and we did just enough to beat them with very few alarms, didn't expend that much energy and could have gone up several gears if we'd needed to.

On the other hand you could say that we missed a whole load of very decent chances in the first half, and were very sloppy indeed in the second and wanted to play at walking pace much of the time. H&Y came close to scoring a couple of times.

Their keeper was their best player. If they ever get a full house again, they are going to have to think about parking - it's no good pretending people won't drive to games especially when the ground is not well served by public transport!

Still, job done - let's hope we get an interesting tie in the next round. I like going to these odd little grounds I haven't been to before!

Had some shrewd tactical observations and had obviously done his research. If I was setting up against Oxford I would play 2 up front and play long ball. We often have problems against this system.

Had some shrewd tactical observations and had obviously done his research. If I was setting up against Oxford I would play 2 up front and play long ball. We often have problems against this system.
Dont tell everyone!?
With the height we have we should cope. But apart from Cadden our defenders are a bit slow on the turn, was evident 2nd half yesterday.

Firstly, congratulations on the win, a very professional performance from you - well done.

I thought we conducted ourselves well on the pitch, and happy it was kept down to only 2 goals! Tariqe Fosu is a very good player isn't he?.....

A few things of note after reading a few comments on here;

- Toilets - As the ground is still under going final bits of construction, we only had toilets installed in the home areas. In what became the away section on the day, only a mens toilet existed, and so we needed to provide portaloos.

- Empty seats - OUFC fans were allocated seats, however were not required to sit in them should they arrive to the ground and elected to stand for the match. We were also required to have a 10% buffer in ticket sales in the stand due to safety reasons which the relevant authorities deemed appropriate.

- Parking - Again, this was beyond our control and the authorities decided parking arrangements. (I agree - the cones was a strange one!)

Hopefully, should you visit again, the ground will be almost complete (i may be slightly dreaming saying that) and it will be a much more comfortable experience, although i do hope it was satisfactory this time round! After the draw was made, the work on the ground begun with plenty of volunteers giving up their time to get the ground ready to a standard the authorities were happy with. We didnt even have segregation facilities a week ago!

Congratulations again. You were all a great bunch and helped the day run very smoothly. If Mr Robinson sticks to his word, hopefully we will see you again soon!

All the best for the season.

But there were lots of empty seats - so how would extra people sitting there have restricted the view?
the seats wouldve been used and the people in the concourse and at ground level wouldve had a restricted view..................THATS HOW!

Firstly, congratulations on the win, a very professional performance from you - well done.

I thought we conducted ourselves well on the pitch, and happy it was kept down to only 2 goals! Tariqe Fosu is a very good player isn't he?.....

- Toilets - As the ground is still under going final bits of construction, we only had toilets installed in the home areas. In what became the away section on the day, only a mens toilet existed, and so we needed to provide portaloos.

- Empty seats - OUFC fans were allocated seats, however were not required to sit in them should they arrive to the ground and elected to stand for the match. We were also required to have a 10% buffer in ticket sales in the stand due to safety reasons which the relevant authorities deemed appropriate.

- Parking - Again, this was beyond our control and the authorities decided parking arrangements. (I agree - the cones was a strange one!)

Hopefully, should you visit again, the ground will be almost complete (i may be slightly dreaming saying that) and it will be a much more comfortable experience, although i do hope it was satisfactory this time round! After the draw was made, the work on the ground begun with plenty of volunteers giving up their time to get the ground ready to a standard the authorities were happy with. We didnt even have segregation facilities a week ago!

Congratulations again. You were all a great bunch and helped the day run very smoothly. If Mr Robinson sticks to his word, hopefully we will see you again soon!

Pity you weren't allowed/couldn't get a few more in as it would have been more cash for yourselves but good that you are in your own ground again.

Likewise, all the best for the rest of the season.

Pity you weren't allowed/couldn't get a few more in as it would have been more cash for yourselves but good that you are in your own ground again.

Likewise, all the best for the rest of the season.
ditto that ^^

Thanks to all your volunteers for putting in the time to get the ground ready. It's a real pity your were so restricted, 10 percent buffer in a seated stand!!! The authorities certainly did you no favours with all those cones, when the club gets time they should have a word. An industrial estate devoid of activity on a Sunday and they cone it like that, a jobs worth somewhere there I think.
Anyway thanks for playing the game in a good spirit and an excellent second half from yours. Particular congratulations to the ground staff who produced an excellent surface, well done to them.

Burton in particular had so much success with a front three doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom