Away Match Day Thread +++ 10/11/19 FA Cup Hayes and Yeading v OUFC +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good result and some good football played but, still a few wayward passes and the odd lack of communication between players. Nice to see Robbie get another goal and well done Sam Long, another strong display from Sam, nice to see him giving as good as he got and commanding respect from H&Y.
On the negative side, cones everywhere preventing any parking on the industrial estate (Tickets galore given to those who could find no where else) No assistance offered from H&Y at all and not one enterprising local utilising the space available for a one off car park. Chatting to a local, he couldn't understand why there were cones, thankfully he did confirm that where we parked was fine. (In the estate opposite Wickes DIY)

On the number of tickets, loads of seats all around us were unoccupied - did some not travel? View from the seats was good so we were surprised that more didn't take up the offer. Attendance was given as 1500 odd, that seems low to me?

View from the stand was good. We took our foot off the gas in second half but there was no chance of a shock.
Baptiste played very elegantly. Hall also sprightly.
Hayes tried their socks off but there was a huge gap in quality.
We had to park miles away. The parking restrictions were draconian. Not a particularly charming Cup day out although good to see one tin foil FA cup effort behind the goal.

Good result and some good football played but, still a few wayward passes and the odd lack of communication between players. Nice to see Robbie get another goal and well done Sam Long, another strong display from Sam, nice to see him giving as good as he got and commanding respect from H&Y.
On the negative side, cones everywhere preventing any parking on the industrial estate (Tickets galore given to those who could find no where else) No assistance offered from H&Y at all and not one enterprising local utilising the space available for a one off car park. Chatting to a local, he couldn't understand why there were cones, thankfully he did confirm that where we parked was fine. (In the estate opposite Wickes DIY)

On the number of tickets, loads of seats all around us were unoccupied - did some not travel? View from the seats was good so we were surprised that more didn't take up the offer. Attendance was given as 1500 odd, that seems low to me?

Crazy, the school would have made a killing, just like the school at Forest Green.
The first half was a training session, we ran the shop and could have been 5 up by half time. The cameraman behind the goal must have wondered what he had done wrong to upset our players, they seemed to be aiming for him.
The second half our passing and communication was poor. Baptiste looked tired.

Crazy, the school would have made a killing, just like the school at Forest Green.
The first half was a training session, we ran the shop and could have been 5 up by half time. The cameraman behind the goal must have wondered what he had done wrong to upset our players, they seemed to be aiming for him.
The second half our passing and communication was poor. Baptiste looked tired.
I emailed the H&Y club secretary to ask about parking, not even an acknowledgement. Given that they earned a tidy sum of money from both TV and attendance, a tiny effort on their behalf should not have been an issue.

Hey ho! We won, we took the prize money and we are in the draw. COYY's

As said, we bossed the first-half and at times it was shot city, but credit to H&Y, they came out second half and got off the back foot. An early goal may have made a game of it, but we still created many chances that were all too often wasted.
A Pokey little ground in the middle of nowhere with no chance of an atmosphere, but job done.
Easty was forced into more saves in this game than he has had to make in the last 3 so I am reasonably happy with that.

We really should have had 6, our finishing was terrible in the first half. We seem to have trouble being ruthless when we’re on top, as in the Rochdale match. Both times it could have cost us but hey ho, no goals conceded and two wins.

Good first half. Should have been out of sight but a bit of dithering and poor finishing stopped us. Hayes had a go and it rattled us for a bit second half. Sloppy passing, silly fouls and a bit of lethargy stopped our usual fluidity. But it was comfortable in the end. A win is a win and on to the second round!!

Perhaps you thinking we will win five?

Oxfordshire senior trophy
Leasing trophy
Carabao cup
FA cup
League one title.

And there was me thinking I was optimistic
I'm not greedy, want the U18s and Ladies titles as well. Why have 5 when you can have 7?

Solid professional performance. That’s all that was required, and safely into the hat for tomorrow night.

Fair play to Hayes and Yeading, they did try and have a go. For them it wasn’t to be, and hopefully the money they have received stands them in good stead.

For me today we let ourselves down with our finishing, and was quite wasteful, but we’ve kept the run going, and march on!

Malden and Tiptree
Chichester
Kingstonian
Altincham
Dover

Any of them home or away would do me nicely.

Anyone remember Dover away last time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom