League One 08/03/2022 - Midweek games

The top 8 are in their own mini league almost
The disparity in league 1 is really being highlighted this year. ‘Giants’ and ‘minnows’ swimming in the same pond. Having said that I’m not sure which category we are in? We’re just doing bloody well to be constantly in and around the top six every season. Every year seems to be a greater achievement with the calibre of clubs dropping down.

They wont all win as i did an accy with them all to win. My accy's never come in. 27/1

Meh, I put them all in a super heinz with Bayern. Double the money and a little bit more. Shame I had so little in my account to start with really.

This Saturday 12 March some interesting games
Bolton v Plymouth
Ipswich v Portsmouth
MK Dons v Wigan
Wycombe v Rotherham

Would be happy if they all drew

This Saturday 12 March some interesting games
Bolton v Plymouth
Ipswich v Portsmouth
MK Dons v Wigan
Wycombe v Rotherham

Would be happy if they all drew

Ideally Bolton, Portsmouth, Wigan and Rotherham would win and we’d win at Shrewsbury

Ideally Bolton, Portsmouth, Wigan and Rotherham would win and we’d win at Shrewsbury
I could go with that as long as we win, but would be content with us winning and them all drawing.

The disparity in league 1 is really being highlighted this year. ‘Giants’ and ‘minnows’ swimming in the same pond. Having said that I’m not sure which category we are in? We’re just doing bloody well to be constantly in and around the top six every season. Every year seems to be a greater achievement with the calibre of clubs dropping down.
We aren't quite the smaller fish we have been in seasons past. We're around 7-8th in terms of our spending this season I believe, but the spending of some sides still greatly outstrip ours. We're probably the biggest fish outside the "big clubs" in L1, but still small in comparison to some of them with regards to spending. In terms of the top 11 who are in the promotion mix, I'd say us, MK and Plymouth are punching above our weight, and like you say to be in the fight for top six 3 seasons in a row is a really quite brilliant achievement.

In terms of the top 11 who are in the promotion mix, I'd say us, MK and Plymouth are punching above our weight, and like you say to be in the fight for top six 3 seasons in a row is a really quite brilliant achievement.

If Wycombe aren't included in that then...well....

If Wycombe aren't included in that then...well....
Kept most of their Championship side and paying Sam Vokes (reportedly) 10k a week, no chance they can be classed as punching above their weight, no matter how hard Ainsworth still tries to paint them as a glorious underdog story.

Kept most of their Championship side and paying Sam Vokes (reportedly) 10k a week, no chance they can be classed as punching above their weight, no matter how hard Ainsworth still tries to paint them as a glorious underdog story.

Which in and of itself is just about as depressing as it gets.

Back
Top Bottom