Home Match Day Thread 07/11/2023 FLT: OUFC v Chelsea U.21

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GOD has got "it" he just needs the nous to go with "it". He`s only 19 so lets hope he is a fast learner.

Did anyone hear Leo Snowden's post-match interview? The lad is 15 and is more articulate and intelligent than I am. When I was 15 I'm pretty sure I was still learning to tie my shoelaces.

That's okay. You've come to live in the seat of learning now.

We'll help you along brother.

Almost like their existence is to benefit a different team rather than actually win matches and it’s a farce we have to play them, am I right?
No. I meant what I said. They have some real talent in their numbers but, they did not perform as a cohesive unit yesterday evening.
The presence of U21/development teams from Championship and Premierships sides in this tournament is not to my liking but, please don't use my words to support your argument.
The tounament is what it is and we play the sides that have been deemed to participate.

No. I meant what I said. They have some real talent in their numbers but, they did not perform as a cohesive unit yesterday evening.
The presence of U21/development teams from Championship and Premierships sides in this tournament is not to my liking but, please don't use my words to support your argument.
The tounament is what it is and we play the sides that have been deemed to participate.
In my view, it is unsurprising that they do not perform as a cohesive team. They are auditioning for roles in a different team. Winning this game is a secondary objective.

Got to be honest ML, feels like the biggest overreaction on here since yesterday.

It seems pretty reasonable to take an observation someone makes on here and see if their view of what happens supports a further, wider observation. Nothing in that implies you share the same point of view or that I was trying to reword what you said and pass it off as your opinion.

I’m not sure if you’re asking that we all ignore each others opinions or simply post that we agree or disagree and then move on to the next unrelated opinion, but what I posted felt like a pretty natural evolution of a normal discussion and I’m not sure why you got so offended.

Is there any video highlights from the game up anywhere yet?

Stopped paying for this a couple of years ago, really wasn't value for money in conjunction with a season ticket
The iFollow app provides free match highlights without needing a paid account. There are extended highlights from last night in there now.

Great result from everyone last night under difficult circumstances. Now that prick Liam has gone, hopefully Tyler, GOD, Murph and Perks can step it up as we look to play more positive and effective football especially at home.

That Chelsea side were the worst I've ever seen in terms of set up and organisation. They looked like a Sunday league team particularly in defence.

That Chelsea side were the worst I've ever seen in terms of set up and organisation. They looked like a Sunday league team particularly in defence.

Going for the same formation from first team all the way to the youth set up then, that’s the way they like it in modern football.

Just watched the highlights. That through ball from Smyth for Harris' goal was delightful. Didn't know he had that in his locker.
He had a fairly good game all round. The opposition helped but it must have been a real confidence builder for several players.

Back
Top Bottom