+++ 03/07/20 L1 Play Off Semi Final: Leg 1 - Pompey v OUFC+++

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will now be watching from the comfort of my armchair in front of the telly. This is no thanks at all to the local Post Office who delivered my Now TV Smart Stick to a shop in Thame without bothering to check the post code (the perils of living in a High Street). Luckily I managed to trace the phone number and managed to retrieve the package from the estate agents. Most of the other shops near by are still shut.

Just discovered that my boy's PS3 no longer supports NowTV! Only PS4. Updated as it requested and then message appeared saying such. Have to watch on computer monitor instead it would seem. Hey ho, I'm feeling confident. Win both games narrowly.

Just discovered that my boy's PS3 no longer supports NowTV! Only PS4. Updated as it requested and then message appeared saying such. Have to watch on computer monitor instead it would seem. Hey ho, I'm feeling confident. Win both games narrowly.
You could pop into a shop like Currys or some supermarkets to pick up a nowtv stick.

10 hours until kick off. I'm very nervous, it's all a bit unknown after having 4 months without a competitive match. I just hope we are still in with a shout and take them back to the kassam not needed to win by a big margin.

Yeah we had the same problem when he had a PS3, then our Sony TV stopped being supported too so we had to buy a stick.

So much riding on this. But for some unknown reason it feels like a free hit kinda game. Who knows how its going to pan out. I think the team that makes the least errors will win. As long as we are still in the tie at full time it will be a good result. COYY

Busy day at work, but looking forward to later on and some football that means something.

The team seem to be well prepared and calm, fingers crossed! COYFY

If we're a goal up, and there's a few minutes to go, I'll be more than happy to see Mr Mackie enter the fray, keeping it by the corner flag and generally shithousing around.

nope id much rather a real footplayer on the pitch but anyway up the yellows easy win this afternoon I reckon our squads very good on paper.

eastwood,
ruffels,
Dickie,
mousinho,
moore,
gorrin,
brannagan,
woodburn,
henry,
browne,
taylor

to start for me!

So much riding on this. But for some unknown reason it feels like a free hit kinda game. Who knows how its going to pan out. I think the team that makes the least errors will win. As long as we are still in the tie at full time it will be a good result. COYY

Opposite for me!

I keep trying to tell myself it's a free hit but remain painfully aware of what's at stake.

....and nothing to base expectations on after a 4 month lay off.

Weird as f**k.

Yes. I am getting excited about it, but its a very odd situation. Without the pandemic, we might have gone on a storming run and gone up automatically, we might have collapsed and ended up out of the playoffs or we might have ended up in the same position. The players' match fitness isn't going to be there for any team (based on the early Prem performances), we've had three months + with no games, we've got 'water breaks' (can anyone explain why?), five subs, no crowd - it's all a bit Sensible Soccer*.
So yes, it does feel a bit peculiar (although potentially very important!) and a bit 'distant' somehow.

*as in good fun, but not very much like the game we know and love!

well after much consideration and hassle i’ve purchased the day pass for £9.99. will be a bit small on my phone screen but better than nothing.
COYY

nope id much rather a real footplayer on the pitch but anyway up the yellows easy win this afternoon I reckon our squads very good on paper.

eastwood,
ruffels,
Dickie,
mousinho,
moore,
gorrin,
brannagan,
woodburn,
henry,
browne,
taylor

to start for me!
Moore at right back?

Not expecting much. But will wait in trepidation for the end of the match. Hopeful is all.

Yes. I am getting excited about it, but its a very odd situation. Without the pandemic, we might have gone on a storming run and gone up automatically, we might have collapsed and ended up out of the playoffs or we might have ended up in the same position. The players' match fitness isn't going to be there for any team (based on the early Prem performances), we've had three months + with no games, we've got 'water breaks' (can anyone explain why?), five subs, no crowd - it's all a bit Sensible Soccer*.
So yes, it does feel a bit peculiar (although potentially very important!) and a bit 'distant' somehow.

*as in good fun, but not very much like the game we know and love!

I guess water breaks is due to games being played in the summer heat.

Looking at BBC Radio Oxford's schedules today, it seems the actual match is "not on line". Does that mean it won't be broadcast?

Looking at BBC Radio Oxford's schedules today, it seems the actual match is "not on line". Does that mean it won't be broadcast?

Usually means that it'll be on FM and DAB digital radio but not on BBC Sounds or iPlayer (because iFollow have the rights). If you've got iFollow audio, I think you'll be able to listen on there but haven't checked.

Exactly how I feel about it. We've had a fun season regardless with the cup runs, good football and those five wins on the bounce. As much as I'd like to get promoted, it's not the be all and end all for me. League 1 is a fun division to be in with plenty of new teams to play each season, we can be competitive and with our friends from down the A420 to take six points off next season. I fear that teams going up into the Championship nowadays tend to get battered from pillar to post - Luton cantered the league with 94 points and yet have spent pretty much all of this season in the relegation places. I feel the journey is more fun than the destination. The second tier is a different beast to the one we were last in back in 1999.

As long as we're still in the tie in some capacity, I'll be fairly content. Our 1-1 draw at Fratton Park was commendable earlier this season but the two results before that were the awful 3-0 and 4-1 defeats. Let's make sure that we get in at 'half time' with something to play for in the home leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom