• SUB: Edwards

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • SUB: McEachran

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUB: Perkins

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nice football played, but yet again against an organised team who sit back we struggle. We are a good team bar that final third where we are bang average.

Harris and Donks out now. Hope Perkins is bloody good. But we definitely didn't need a striker!

Onwards and upwards!

Rodrigues didn't have a great game if I'm being honest, a couple of times he had the opportunity to slide balls in to Harris or Bodin to put them through they ended up landing straight at the feet of a Vale defender. His first touch was awful too on many occasions and ended up killing all momentum. Hopefully we get too see Woltman playing in the number 10 role on Tuesday.

Vale weren't a good team, they were gifted a win today and they'll be extremely lucky to get the same again this season.

Our lack of discipline cost us, and if you're ill disciplined with a ref like we had today then you're going to up against it.

Bad discipline for both reds and for the penalty, but that'll happen with a young team. We'll learn and we'll get better as a result.

We chucked that today. Outsyched. Lessons to learn for a talented group of players.

How we didn’t close it down after we equalised is a head scratcher. Not that impressed with Stevens who was positionally all at sea for the pen.

Liked how the crowd stayed the course , good atmosphere today.

McGuane brilliant while Cam was a lot better . Rodrigues disappointing.

I thought both Edwards and especially Mills looked good when they came on. We didn't get the ball to Edwards as much as we could but first time he had it he murdered their full back, and Mills on the right had his guy on toast every time.

I'd want to be starting with at least one of them every week, I think with RR and Bodin as two of the three behind the striker we're too one paced as Goodrham isn't particularly rapid. There was talk of Harris being lightening quick when he signed but I've yet to see that, he's got some pace but he's not a proper speed merchant.

I thought both Edwards and especially Mills looked good when they came on. We didn't get the ball to Edwards as much as we could but first time he had it he murdered their full back, and Mills on the right had his guy on toast every time.

I'd want to be starting with at least one of them every week, I think with RR and Bodin as two of the three behind the striker we're too one paced as Goodrham isn't particularly rapid. There was talk of Harris being lightening quick when he signed but I've yet to see that, he's got some pace but he's not a proper speed merchant.

I would love to see Bodin or Woltman in the number 10 role, mills on the right , Edwards on the left and Perkins through the middle on Tuesday.

We chucked that today. Outsyched. Lessons to learn for a talented group of players.

How we didn’t close it down after we equalised is a head scratcher. Not that impressed with Stevens who was positionally all at sea for the pen.

Liked how the crowd stayed the course , good atmosphere today.

McGuane brilliant while Cam was a lot better . Rodrigues disappointing.

Interesting take to criticise Stevens over the pen. Perhaps he was all at sea because he was trying to be in multiple places because 2 of his team mates had got sent off?

No ooomph!! Too slow!!
Could see it coming .
Not good enough poor..
2 losses already at beging of season is not automatic promotion.
Lot of work to do .
STRIKER!!!!

Interesting today. Manning talks a lot about experiences - plenty for the young squad to experience today.

Fwiw, prior to the sending off, I felt we were slowly breaking Port Vale down and were about to see Mills and Edwards come on, commit some players and make something happen.

Probably best not to react to performances (team or player) off just today.

Breaking down these low blocks will be important for the season. We are set up to play teams that can play and when away from home, in many instances our biggest threat comes when we don’t have possession, force high turn overs and attack defence.

I was encouraged by Mills, again getting to the byline and making something happen. Forced the OG vs Barnsley and now the Leigh assist today.

Port vale is a average side, they just out thought us..

I would love to see Bodin or Woltman in the number 10 role, mills on the right , Edwards on the left and Perkins through the middle on Tuesday.

Perkins is off with England U20s.

Harris will likely have to play (assuming he can’t serve his ban in the Pizza Trophy) as our only available striker!

Perkins is off with England U20s.

Harris will likely have to play (assuming he can’t serve his ban in the Pizza Trophy) as our only available striker!

Oh yeh forgot about that. 😣

Yea we should but I have to ask I don’t recall him touching the ball so did he?
Couple of touches. Most important contribution was for the goal. Despite all the blather on here it was Perkins who powered through a blatant obstruction, got himself into the 6 yard box for the cross, tied up the defender who then fouled him to prevent a tap in. Leigh just had to finish off the loose ball.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom