Away Match Day Thread +++ 02/02/2019 Burton Albion v OUFC match day thread +++

I'm going to try and be positive.

Good start (not great) by Sinclair. We have more options up front, and hopefully he can gel even more with our wide men and prove himself in the next couple of games.

We weren't really tested by Burton today. I know they were down to 10, but in some situations this season we'd have found a way to lose that.

Overall, we are playing better now than we were this time a month ago.

If we'd have got that goal, we'd be 17th, 3 points out of the relegation zone with a game in hand. We still have that game in hand.

We're still in the relegation mix, but then again, so are so many teams. We just have to be clinical, and then we're well out of the danger and into the mid table.

We do seem to have an away curse this season. How many games have we dominated but not won? Wimbledon, Wycombe burton springs to mind now

Pretty poor result again glad I haven't wasted any money on OUFC since Wimbledon away. I know KR seems to have Tigers ear but the time to get rid was long ago. Where are the strikers? Unbalanced squad the KR built. We are seriously at risk of going down something that has been obvious all season but tiger cant see it from Thailand.

that was there for the taking ...if you dont take your chances you dont score ...you dont score you cant win

we didnt score , we didnt take one of the many chances , wont get a better chance to win away than today...

did we bottle it or will sinclair become our saviour after hes properly settled in?

Sometimes it's more difficult playing against 10 men than 11. Changes the complexion of the game.

Anyone else think they should change the rules so that when there's a last man foul like the one today the fouled team gets the option of red card or a penalty? Sinclair was practically in the box when he was deliberately hauled back, playing against 10 men doesn't gift you back the scoring opportunity you had created, especially when that 10 are just going to sit behind the ball for the rest of the game

Don't expect a win.
Hope for a draw.
Afraid we will be back in the bottom four at the end of the day.

We are and I rather suspect that is where we will stay.
I lost hope before the match started when RadOx said Gobbo had reverted to his bloody silly 4-2-3-1 formation

Back
Top Bottom