Home Match Day Thread +++ 01/02/2020 L1 OUFC V Blackpool FC +++

Eastwood
Long Dickie Mous Ruffels
Henry Gorrin Browne
Sykes Agyei Holland

1-0, Henry, with Baptiste pitch invading to stop a last minute Blackpool attack

There will be a game of footy. The directors box will be empty. No biscuits. Tears at tea time. Early to bed.

Interesting to see the team put out today, will we risk players coming back from injury/not match sharp or go with the bare bones we have at the moment? With so many games coming up it could be a risk to push the 5 or 6 we have in the above category to quick or to hard. Will Agyei finally get his chance or will we continue with the increasingly limited Mackie? You would hope Agyei would at least get most of the second half today, no way are Mackie and Taylor going to play 9 games in 29 days between them.

At least it’s never boring being an Oxford fan, today has turned into even more of a massive game, something in reckons we nick a tight one nil win, Ruffles with a late one.

Oxford United 2 Blackpool 1 (Fosu, Baptiste) Att: 2987 with 263 Blackpool fans.
I can see a run of wins, starting right here. We will be going all out for promotion and the top two places. Fosu will get the first............oh no..........wait; he's been flogged. Baptiste will score after a mazy run..................no, hang on....................he's gone too. Oh well, at least we got £5million for him..................oh, no we didn't. Well, its a good job we got...................no; just a minute, we got next to f**k all for Fosu. A dog will run onto the pitch......................no....................he's been sold to Swindon. Can someone tell me why we are selling players and bringing the bulk of players in, on loan, please? Why don't we loan Tiger Lily out somewhere? COYY
I’ll give you 500,000 -1 on that score/scorers.

Today’s starting lineup will be interesting.

After the sale of Baptiste & Fosu I think KR will go with experience, both Mousinho and Henry to start, I doubt Taylor will be risked unless they are very confident about his fitness, so expect to see Mackie.

Moore & Agyei to start against Newcastle.

Thorne and Kelly both have to start getting match time, so expect both to feature at some point today.

I forecast a close nervy contest with one goal in it.
2-1 (Browne, Holland) ( Gnanduillet)

The lineup I'd like:

Eastwood
Long Dickie Mousinho Ruffels
Henry Gorrin Sykes
Browne Agyei Holland

Stevens Moore Jones Hanson Thorne Kelly Mackie​

However I know it's not the lineup we're going to get.

Just a couple of weeks ago, we'd been salivating over the options available from the bench. Now with the injury/fitness list it's difficult to even get a sensible first eleven put together.

Be good to get back to football today after the disappointment of deadline day. We still have a good side and I think we will be too good for Blackpool.

Oxford United 2 Blackpool 0

COYY

Eastwood
Long Dickie Mousinho Ruffels
Henry Gorrin Thorne
Browne Agyei Holland

Stevens Moore Kelly Brannagan Sykes Taylor Mackie
1-0
Agyei

Not able to make it today, hopefully 2.1 to the U's

We've finally found some common ground! The future is brighter already!!

No, can't be doing with this. We must have discord amongst ourselves!

What'll be over the top of it, guys? Vinegar, Gravy, Curry Sauce? Or plain, which is just insanity?

No, can't be doing with this. We must have discord amongst ourselves!

What'll be over the top of it, guys? Vinegar, Gravy, Curry Sauce? Or plain, which is just insanity?
I'll just go with plenty of salt and vinegar and a bottle of cherry coke - all for an undisclosed fee (rumoured to be around £4m for the sausage and £750k for the chips!!)

What we could really do with now is a boom back to the swaggering, attacking masterclasses that we dished out earlier this season on everyone. We still have the personnel here to smash the s**t out of teams, we should not be scared to just go out and play. We are more than capable of winning this game and you could argue that we are, in fact stronger with the new additions in some areas than we have been for some time.
Get the ball down boys, don’t dwell on the ball, pass quickly and accurately. Create space for others and we will win. 3-0 COYY

I'll just go with plenty of salt and vinegar and a bottle of cherry coke - all for an undisclosed fee (rumoured to be around £4m for the sausage and £750k for the chips!!)

What a steal!

Mind you, that's a terribly run chip shop. I heard he already replaced the outgoing sausage a couple of days ago with a saveloy he borrowed from Harry Ramsden's.

Time for Kelly and Thorne to get involved.
Kelly, I believe was not match fit but not injured. He has a huge reputation , so time for him to start delivering?

That’s what I thought, time for Kelly to start playing as how else is he going to shake off the rust? Plus what is the point in signing someone on loan for half a season if you don’t play them? The signing was looking a strange one until Baptiste left as we had players in that position but it’s time for him to step up.

Fosu and Baptiste leaving is a big opportunity for some players, along with the injuries to others it’s up to Kelly, Thorne, Sykes, Holland, Browne and Agyei to show something, they will get opportunities in this busy month.

Back
Top Bottom