Home Match Day Thread +++ 01/02/2020 L1 OUFC V Blackpool FC +++

The reverse fixture was the game that really pushed the Taylor deal over the line. Utter dominance with no killer quality.

... So Mackie is probably going to start again.

One bonus is that Blackpool came down to Wycombe to play away on Tuesday, travelled all the way back up to Blackpool, and now are travelling pretty much the same journey down again to face us. Can't be good for their preparations.

They've done some serious business this month, hopefully too soon to be effective against us. Keep it tight defensively and I reckon we can find a breakthrough from somewhere.

1-0 win, Browne.

Mackie will start up front. He’ll trip over the ball on the goal line, slide all the way down it and as a result the ball will technically cross the line off his a**e. This will then lead to people saying that it proves anyone who ever questioned him is stupid, because his third goal in 33 appearances going in means he’s a legend. His name will then be sung for the rest of the game, and he will be cheered as he clatters into defenders two seconds after they’ve already passed the ball to someone else, eventually picking up a needless booking while shouting at the referee and waving his arms. At this point grown men will weep in the stands and there will be calls for a statue to be erected of him ASAP.

We will however win the game 2-0.
I'd buy a ticket to see that! ?

Oxford United 2 Blackpool 1 (Fosu, Baptiste) Att: 2987 with 263 Blackpool fans.
I can see a run of wins, starting right here. We will be going all out for promotion and the top two places. Fosu will get the first............oh no..........wait; he's been flogged. Baptiste will score after a mazy run..................no, hang on....................he's gone too. Oh well, at least we got £5million for him..................oh, no we didn't. Well, its a good job we got...................no; just a minute, we got next to f**k all for Fosu. A dog will run onto the pitch......................no....................he's been sold to Swindon. Can someone tell me why we are selling players and bringing the bulk of players in, on loan, please? Why don't we loan Tiger Lily out somewhere? COYY

Henry has to play if fit?
Play Kelly if fit definitely. Agyei? Not convinced. Play Browne up front.

Starting injured players as soon as they are in any way back from injury is the mistake we’ve been making all season and what drove Brannigan back. It’s time we started easing players back and giving them 20 mins off the bench on their first game back, then 30, then starting them and subbing them after 60 mins. That’s only 3 games but it’s better than just giving them 90 minutes immediately and then wondering why they get injured again!

........At this point grown men will weep in the stands and there will be calls for a statue to be erected of him ASAP.

Scary thought, a Mackie erection. Would it be adjacent to the ox statue?

Not quite working, this joke, I am thinking of "President fights erection in Harvard Square."

Still even from afar, I try.

Blackpool last won a match 10 games ago. They've been very active in the January window. We need a 3-pointer for morale and to keep in touch with the play-offs.

Whole club and fanbase on a downer, form is down and Blackpool overdue a win.

I wonder what might happen...

Oxford 4 Blackpool 0
Goals from Mackie x 2, Long and Ruffels!

2-1 Holland and henry

1 last thing if mackie manages a shot on target and doesn't get booked I will run on the pitch embrass him and sing with 2000 mackie fans ooooooo Jamie mackie get ejected from the breeze block never to see his brilliance again here's hoping hey.....

Going to be interesting to see how the boys react to the events of the last 48 hours.
4-1. Browne x2, Sykes, Agyei. Gnanduillet for them.

Its feeling like a must win unfortunately. I could just about accept one win in the next two games. Just think Baptiste could have mullered Newcastle like he did the hammers live on bbc oh well..........

My god do we need a victory today for so many reasons. Most important probably being we need a bit of feel good factor around the place again. Lose tomorrow against a struggling Blackpool and we are most certainly screwed.
Heart says 1 nil, head says 1-1

Oh do we have a game today? You’d never know it judging by some posters reaction. COYY. Team needs a good win, Robbo needs a good win and my god, the fans need a good win.

Back
Top Bottom