Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened about Cadden from FGR
All gone quiet has it fallen through same as Harrison
I wouldn't be surprised if Harrison is still an option. He offers something totally different to Bodin so that doesn't feel like a straight swap. I still expect a more dedicated central striker with that sought-after physicality to arrive at some stage. Harrison is contracted and still needed at Pompey until they find someone else so could drag on, unfortunately. We won't wait forever but I think someone in that mould is still to come despite Bodin's arrival.

I wouldn't be surprised if Harrison is still an option. He offers something totally different to Bodin so that doesn't feel like a straight swap. I still expect a more dedicated central striker with that sought-after physicality to arrive at some stage. Harrison is contracted and still needed at Pompey until they find someone else so could drag on, unfortunately. We won't wait forever but I think someone in that mould is still to come despite Bodin's arrival.

I'd be surprised now if we sign another central striker unless one is leaving. Harrison could play wide as well. This could change depending on the squad size which remains the great unknown.

Yes that wouldn’t surprise me but we’d surely need to lose Winnall to sign another striker

You may both be right, it does look tight for places. Just seems odd to look at a target man type and then go for a trickier player who likes to go wide. I'd like to see a powerhouse in the mix from somewhere if we can but not at the cost of being short elsewhere.

Yes that wouldn’t surprise me but we’d surely need to lose Winnall to sign another striker
Wouldn’t surprise me to see Agyei go
We have just signed two more forwards
Dan has not been used as a central striker very often and we could get a fee for him
This would be a real shame because I feel he has talent and if started on a regular basis we would see the best of him

Winnall made 30 appearances for us across all competitions last season, the most he has made in a season since 2016/17.

Bodin has made 25 in 3 seasons.

If we get more than 60 in all competitions between them across this season, then we will have done well.

Signing players that have only played a few games for 3 seasons is a massive gamble if they uphold the 20 player rule . Robbo must no something we don’t

That is a FAQ to which nobody knows the answer.
We can only hope Robbo already knows that the squad limit has been scrapped, otherwise allowing 3 spaces to be taken up by Winnall, Bodin and Mous is ridiculous.

And 2 when it's 'discovered' that Mousinho can't play more than 30 minutes.
Oh come on. What makes you think that a 35 year old, who hasn’t played regularly for 18 months and had a knee operation at Christmas, and spent nearly all of last season holding a clipboard, couldn’t play 6-10 league games in a row if Elliot Moore did his groin? You’re going to look really stupid when he plays a few halves in pre-season, followed by a couple of tinpot trophy matches.

So cynical.

And 2 when it's 'discovered' that Mousinho can't play more than 30 minutes.
I'd like to see your workings on this one. If it does turn out to be the case then you'll be proved right, but I don't think it's fair to write off a player simply because they're in their 30s and coming back from a season-ruining knee injury.

Absolutely we could have him back on loan with a view to take him permanently next summer when his deal at Cardiff is up.
Exactly if we can’t dream about having an excellent player back who didn’t want to leave and tweets about how great we are… well we may as well not bother speculating on anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom