New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

From what I can gather ,from being a regular bus user on the parkway bus route
Is at weekends, the busiest times dropping their cars off & going into Oxford City Centre by bus is ,11 o'clock am to 1/ 2pm.
On the return trip from Town the buses are busy from 4 pm to 6 pm. Which way do they go when they pick up their cars.???
To me it's more complicated than you think ......

Is at weekends, the busiest times dropping their cars off & going into Oxford City Centre by bus is ,11 o'clock am to 1/ 2pm.
On the return trip from Town the buses are busy from 4 pm to 6 pm. Which way do they go when they pick up their cars.???
This is the point I was trying to make ^^
Will it cause any more problems than the countless other events that take place, a lot with many more people attending, around the country all year round? If all those events, or varying types and sizes, can happen then what is exceptional about this road? A road which has a viable alternative?

You can always find a problem in any potential project, doesn’t mean that kiboshing it and ignoring viable solutions is the way to go.

As said above this is now as much about whether the county of Oxfordshire is an inclusive place for everyone to live in now as it is about a football ground, the councillors in the pockets of an absolutely tiny, wealthy nimby elite who pretend to be green to try to exercise control should be aware of how they look at the moment.
Trouble is, it isn't just the fans you've got to worry about. If the road closures will impact other people trying to access things like the P&R's, that's a big issue.

As I say, I'm not that familiar with the roads in Kidlington so not sure if it will impact that, just think that if it does it'll be a potential stumbling block.

This is the point I was trying to make ^^

Trouble is, it isn't just the fans you've got to worry about. If the road closures will impact other people trying to access things like the P&R's, that's a big issue.

As I say, I'm not that familiar with the roads in Kidlington so not sure if it will impact that, just think that if it does it'll be a potential stumbling block.
Oh & also people using the car park for the train station. Going to & fro....

You're talking about trickles of individual cars. They can go down to cutteslowe roundabout, round to pear tree and back up frieze way, would not be a huge influx of people doing that so no noticeable effect on the road network.

An overview of the project can be found in the "Non-Technical Summary" document on the CDC planning portal - section 10 deals with transport and access with abroad brush.

A more detailed description is to be found in the "Match Day Interim Travel Plan (ES Volume 3 Appendix 10.2, Section 6). This will be the copy that the Planning Inspector has to read, digest and understand, so it goes into minutiae concerning who, what and where for the envisaged policy.

It's a tough read but it answers so many questions.
Quick browse through will read in more detail tonight a few snippets from that Screenshot_2024-03-06-12-33-28-61_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpgScreenshot_2024-03-06-12-36-31-13_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

You're talking about trickles of individual cars. They can go down to cutteslowe roundabout, round to pear tree and back up frieze way, would not be a huge influx of people doing that so no noticeable effect on the road network.
?????? It would be when, everybody is going the same way after the match. Surly all the fans parked in the park & ride will have to go that way.
What to get caught in all that , to go round in a circle to end up more or less where you've started. Cutleslowe, & Wolvercote roundabouts are not exactly great at certain times.
especially when there's an accident , which is most days....

?????? It would be when, everybody is going the same way after the match. Surly all the fans parked in the park & ride will have to go that way.
What to get caught in all that , to go round in a circle to end up more or less where you've started. Cutleslowe, & Wolvercote roundabouts are not exactly great at certain times.
especially when there's an accident , which is most days....
What you do is plan to get people not using the park and ride right next to the ground with the inclusive travel matchday tickets. Price them right, get people leaving cars in Bicester for instance. There is no reason at all that any away fans should park in there, they should all be directed to more remote pickup and drop off locations. Hopefully over time people will adjust to the new location and travel methods.

What you do is plan to get people not using the park and ride right next to the ground with the inclusive travel matchday tickets. Price them right, get people leaving cars in Bicester for instance. There is no reason at all that any away fans should park in there, they should all be directed to more remote pickup and drop off locations. Hopefully over time people will adjust to the new location and travel methods.
Yes, you would like to think so..

Of course they couldn't take every suggestion, but did they take on board any was the question.

A suggestion that I made, probably other people did too, was that the seats behind each goal and halfway line should be continous and not have an aisle in the middle.
Looks to be the case from the designs.

A suggestion that I made, probably other people did too, was that the seats behind each goal and halfway line should be continous and not have an aisle in the middle.
Looks to be the case from the designs.
There might be an H&S issue with that in event of an evacuation maybe? Anyone know if there is any rules on how many seats wide a block can be?

Nope, lots of us made suggestions on this, also the location of the safe standing area. All appears to have been ignored.

View attachment 18118

View attachment 18119

Looking at the sections with the scale line. The south stand has 26 rows of seats (row z). The height of the roof from the top row is approximately 7m. Contrast to the north stand which has only 22 rows of seats (row v) and a roof height between the top row of approximately 15m, that's over double the height with fewer rows of fans.

Do the inside rooms on the first 2 floors get windows? What do they get a view of?

1709736393146.png

Marshalled crossing. Not a closure then!
Yes but it does say further on in the document that on high ticket sales(no figures given) that traffic will diverted for 30 minutes
We could be talking about a attendance of 14k+ which might only be once a season the rest of the season no need to divert

Back
Top Bottom