New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

I'd love to gather 1000 of us to Oxford parkway on a Saturday evening at 5pm with occ councillors there and walk across the road just to demonstrate to them what it would be like

Just hope it doesn't get stuck in endless appeals like Manston airport here in Thanet

How can fans help now that the planning application has been submitted?
The club encourages fans to write letters or emails to Cherwell District Council expressing their support for the application. The ref number is 24/00539/F. Key points you may wish to include could be securing the future of the club and what a new stadium would mean to you.

That should shut Ian up about the bridge

That should shut Ian up about the bridge
It won't. Infact him and Steveopedia will probably pontificate even more

Creating a 1,000 jobs too. That's impressive

The club encourages fans to write letters or emails to Cherwell District Council expressing their support for the application. The ref number is 24/00539/F. Key points you may wish to include could be securing the future of the club and what a new stadium would mean to you.
I'm going to send a physical letter so that someone opens it and at least starts to read it ........

You can submit comments directly from the planning portal - there are a couple in support and a couple of objections already (although how anyone can have read the documents and formed an opinion based upon them after just a few days is beyond me).

So, shall we start commenting?

It would be really powerful to take some time to look through the proposal in detail and to acknowledge some of the key points in any submissions to CDC, along with the importance of the stadium to you and others.

I'm going to try to get time this weekend to go through as much of the proposal as I can and will share points that I think are relevant, and would encourage those with the time to do likewise and share for those who simply haven't the time to study it in depth.

This forum has been the driving force for engagement at every stage of this project, and it is more important than ever to do our bit again.

Our future is in our own hands. Please can everyone find the time to contact CDC directly or through the planning portal. Share your submissions on here and across social media and encourage everyone you know to do the same.

A question for those who like to sing and/or stand at matches.

Would you prefer to be in the North Stand, (proposed 'home end' with safe standing seats)which has fewer rows of seats and a much higher roof, or the South Stand, more rows of seats and a lower roof and closer to the away fans.?

I just feel the designers have got this all wrong from an atmosphere perspective.

You can submit comments directly from the planning portal - there are a couple in support and a couple of objections already (although how anyone can have read the documents and formed an opinion based upon them after just a few days is beyond me).
Now I wonder who the objectors are!

A question for those who like to sing and/or stand at matches.

Would you prefer to be in the North Stand, (proposed 'home end' with safe standing seats)which has fewer rows of seats and a much higher roof, or the South Stand, more rows of seats and a lower roof and closer to the away fans.?

I just feel the designers have got this all wrong from an atmosphere perspective.

I haven't looked through these plans in detail, but my initial thoughts were that the area signposted for rail seating falls well below the 25% of total seating as was recently suggested. I would imagine that seating will be flexible and there will be no reason why rail seating can't be moved or added during the building stage.

Back
Top Bottom