General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the £1 rent thing true? I've seen it quoted by FoSB on numerous occasions. I thought that would be what OUFC pay to the stadium operating company, not the entire fee due to authorities for the land.
I’m not sure what stadium DC United pay but I heard a while back that is was something like $1 a week, so maybe that’s true. I know it’s hard to believe but the possibilities for OUFC if this were true could be endless.

Is the £1 rent thing true? I've seen it quoted by FoSB on numerous occasions. I thought that would be what OUFC pay to the stadium operating company, not the entire fee due to authorities for the land.
That's my reading with the £1 being the 'consideration' required in contracts where in reality both parties would be happy for there to be no payment required.

I believe it ties the parties into the obligations of the contract due to there being a nominal payment listed even though it is rarely actually paid.

Screenshot_20221201_194906_Twitter.jpg

Is that an admission the majority of the respondents to the OCC survey were in favour of the proposals?

Also, 'these people'?! We prefer the term football fans these days. 😤

Last edited:
View attachment 10996

Is that an admission the majority of the respondents to the OCC survey were in favour of the proposals?

Don't know why you give this group airtime. Fleetwood bring more to our ground on a Tuesday night than that FOSB have supporters.

FOSB act like the old man in my street who never wanted anything to change, youngsters to him were a nuisance and thought he spoke for the whole street when giving his opinion on a matter. He didn't and when he finally popped his clogs the street became a much happier place and since that day the street has been thriving ever since with a great community spirit.

Don't know why you give this group airtime. Fleetwood bring more to our ground on a Tuesday night than that FOSB have supporters.

FOSB act like the old man in my street who never wanted anything to change, youngsters to him were a nuisance and thought he spoke for the whole street when giving his opinion on a matter. He didn't and when he finally popped his clogs the street became a much happier place and since that day the street has been thriving ever since with a great community spirit.
Exactly this and I'm an old man, some of my generation are a disgrace.

I like what @Joey's Left Boot does with the FoSB stuff. He posts it on here, without engaging with them directly, thus denying them any traction on Twitter. At the same time it makes the rest of us aware of what they're saying.

Keep it up, I say.

I like what @Joey's Left Boot does with the FoSB stuff. He posts it on here, without engaging with them directly, thus denying them any traction on Twitter. At the same time it makes the rest of us aware of what they're saying.

Keep it up, I say.
And some of the FoSB postings are pretty lightweight in their arguments against the stadium plan.
That's when they aren't bordering on libellous.

Keep it up, I say.

Yep, my thoughts too. Helps to highlight the counter-‘arguments’ without providing oxygen or stooping to their level.

Screenshot_20221201_231659_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20221201_231733_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221201_230535_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20221201_230659_Facebook.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221201_231137_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20221201_231137_Facebook.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20221201_231229_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20221201_231229_Facebook.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Their "just giving" page gives an idea of the level of support - 56 donors - one of which is Kidlington Development Watch and there are some well known names in the list.

Their "just giving" page gives an idea of the level of support - 56 donors - one of which is Kidlington Development Watch and there are some well known names in the list.
They think that 56 contributors means that it shows how strong the feeling is against the OUFC stadium proposal?
Are they for real? Talk about clutching at straws. I am genuinely surprised they don't have over 1000 people contributing to their fund.

They think that 56 contributors means that it shows how strong the feeling is against the OUFC stadium proposal?
Are they for real? Talk about clutching at straws. I am genuinely surprised they don't have over 1000 people contributing to their fund.

56 people contributing, did they come in a taxi? 😀

Oxfordshire County Council appoint new Chief Executive.

Seems to be sport-minded, his desire to help Wasps almost cost him his job in Coventry:

BBC News - Coventry City Council chief executive avoids no-confidence vote

Would this effect the Stratfield Brake proposals in any way?

I'm sure the opposition will lobby him, should we @OxVox ?

Last edited:
Two KPC seats are up for election on the 15th. Here is a screen shot which suggests that Middleton has decided to vote against the Stadium.F6019BAF-BDB2-4523-A3CC-700637C02113.jpeg

Two KPC seats are up for election on the 15th. Here is a screen shot which suggests that Middleton has decided to vote against the Stadium.View attachment 11030

Was always going to. With him and the Councillor who resigned and was co-founder of FoSB's fundraising page combined with the chair who appeared on the news with FoSB the proposals were never going to get a fair and unbiased hearing. CDC and OCC should have removed KPC from the decision making process months ago due to their predetermined bias.

If you live in Kidlington, vote for Nigel Simpson and Maurice Billington on the 15th. They were out campaigning yesterday.

Screenshot_20221204_110801_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom