New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

I have just sent the link to the planning application link to a relative who lives in Bicester and is a big Oxford fan.

You can submit comments directly from the planning portal - there are a couple in support and a couple of objections already (although how anyone can have read the documents and formed an opinion based upon them after just a few days is beyond me).
How can you view the comments?

I haven't looked through these plans in detail, but my initial thoughts were that the area signposted for rail seating falls well below the 25% of total seating as was recently suggested. I would imagine that seating will be flexible and there will be no reason why rail seating can't be moved or added during the building stage.
"The current Rail Seating strategy is to focus them predominantly in the North Stand, as well as a section in the SE corner for the Away fans. At 3986, The Rail Seating provision make up just under 25% of the overall stadium capacity. "

A question for those who like to sing and/or stand at matches.

Would you prefer to be in the North Stand, (proposed 'home end' with safe standing seats)which has fewer rows of seats and a much higher roof, or the South Stand, more rows of seats and a lower roof and closer to the away fans.?

I just feel the designers have got this all wrong from an atmosphere perspective.

The South Stand would be the home end surely?

Right next to the away end in the corner.

Would be identical to the Derby County’s.

Now I wonder who the objectors are!
Not who you think so far one think it will be intimidating at the train station yeah cos we are all hooligans and another who clearly has read bits but not taken it all in and says no car park at the stadium where will they park

The South Stand would be the home end surely?

Right next to the away end in the corner.

Would be identical to the Derby County’s.
The North Stand and 3/4 of the South Stand will be for home supporters, but the current thinking seems to be that most, if not all, of the rail seating for home fans will be in the North Stand

How can you view the comments?
Go to the planning portal (link at the top of the page), select "Supporting Docs" from the menu, scroll past the 175 documents that form this application and there they are.

I would expect them to be updated overnight, so probably more tomorrow....

It would be really powerful to take some time to look through the proposal in detail and to acknowledge some of the key points in any submissions to CDC, along with the importance of the stadium to you and others.

Indeed. This isn't the Peoples Democratic Republic of FoSB: "You don't need to read it, we'll tell you what to say".

I'm getting increasingly more worried that I'm getting obsessed with these documents there is some absolutely fascinating things like how the design of the stadium has come about using local architecture and then we have the silly stuff like this the width of your seat 🤣🤣Screenshot_2024-03-06-19-30-59-71_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

I'm getting increasingly more worried that I'm getting obsessed with these documents there is some absolutely fascinating things like how the design of the stadium has come about using local architecture and then we have the silly stuff like this the width of your seat 🤣🤣View attachment 18129
So, it is saying that your normal fan is slim, biscuit lovers are a little more than slim and directors and box types are fat bastards.

Some objections to counter when putting on your comments:

View attachment 18130View attachment 18131
621 events a year?? 1.7 events per day?!
Roads gridlocked?
Everyone intimidated, except those willing to rent out their driveway for parking!
No one using public transport!
Kidlington gaining nothing (apart from 1000 jobs, economic, social and community benefits).

I'm not sure we've got much to worry about if this is the extent of objections so far.

Some objections to counter when putting on your comments:

View attachment 18130View attachment 18131
‘Public transport won’t be used’ …they can’t back that up with anything. Then they use the current situation at the Kassam to back up their point…without realising that the current situation with the Kassam is caused by poor transport links to the stadium. That’s part of the reason we want to move to this site!

Local residents never want anything built near them. All the fuss about traffic should play into the clubs hands at the end of the day because where else can we build the stadium on a site with such great public transport links?

621 events a year?? 1.7 events per day?!
Roads gridlocked?
Everyone intimidated, except those willing to rent out their driveway for parking!
No one using public transport!
Kidlington gaining nothing (apart from 1000 jobs, economic, social and community benefits).

I'm not sure we've got much to worry about if this is the extent of objections so far.

Why wouldn't you use the train station directly opposite?!

I think it'll be good to counter the common arguments about travel, parking, number of events etc whilst putting your points across.

A question for those who like to sing and/or stand at matches.

Would you prefer to be in the North Stand, (proposed 'home end' with safe standing seats)which has fewer rows of seats and a much higher roof, or the South Stand, more rows of seats and a lower roof and closer to the away fans.?

I just feel the designers have got this all wrong from an atmosphere perspective.
100% south stands

Back
Top Bottom