General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I daresay there is a lot more ready money in selling the golf course but it may not be out of the question.

Why sell a perfectly good golf course (that you presumably earn a tidy sum from each year) in the face of local opposition and have to fund the provision of a replacement if you could simply sell the plot of surplus land to someone eager to aquire just such a plot.

Maybe because a planning application for high density housing would be approved on North Oxford golf course but would struggle to get the samd at Frieze Farm?

High density housing on the golf course? Now North Oxford would really love that.

To be fair must have been decent having the ground on your doorstep for 20 years?

I wouldn’t say local, I lived in Cyprus for 8 years, and lived on the Ladygrove, and now GWP Didcot for the last 9 years.

I born and raised in Headington, until I was 9 so having the Manor close by was great, and lived on Blackbird/Greater Leys for 17 years.

High density housing on the golf course? Now North Oxford would really love that.
Definitely not the Harbourd Road, Residents Association. It's more or less on their doorstep. Just look what they are like, on the footy stadium further down the road.

considerable challenges was the phrase use about the SB site does anyone know what those challenges are because I’m not convinced it’s local public opinion alone. Something else must have come up further down the road that put the breaks on .

I have been in correspondence with someone at FOSB, I have been trying to argue about the opportunity for Sport.
The person said the following...

'We believe Kidlington is well-served in terms of local sport'.

considerable challenges was the phrase use about the SB site does anyone know what those challenges are because I’m not convinced it’s local public opinion alone. Something else must have come up further down the road that put the breaks on .
It sounds as if the leasing arrangement is complicated between more than one council.
Is this clever tactics going on here moving away from SB may reduce investment in local sport?

KPC not willing to give up their lease.

The unbreakable lease to the local parish councils is the challenge. KPC obviously won't surrender it by the statements they keep making.

I have been in correspondence with someone at FOSB, I have been trying to argue about the opportunity for Sport.
The person said the following...

'We believe Kidlington is well-served in terms of local sport'.

That's like settling for Gemma Collins when Megan Fox is on offer. 🤣

That's like settling for Gemma Collins when Megan Fox is on offer. 🤣
It depends on your priorities, I don't think FOSB would say that officially.
If Oxfordshire wants good sporting facilities it is a great opportunity. Does the County Council want to grasp this opportunity? I sense they do? Or am I wrong?

It depends on your priorities, I don't think FOSB would say that officially.
If Oxfordshire wants good sporting facilities it is a great opportunity. Does the County Council want to grasp this opportunity? I sense they do? Or am I wrong?

Of course OCC want better sports facilities for the whole community thats why they suggested SB to redevelop. Kidlington/ north oxford doesn't even have a floodlit 3g football pitch available to the public, something Abingdon has had since I was a 5 year old lad in 1993.

The reason SB is off the table is not OUFC or the county council's fault. Its the parish council and the nimby groups not playing ball and lying saying OUFC haven't contacted them.

Thats why in March the county council suggested to OUFC that we pursue the triangle instead.

Of course OCC want better sports facilities for the whole community thats why they suggested SB to redevelop. Kidlington/ north oxford doesn't even have a floodlit 3g football pitch available to the public, something Abingdon has had since I was a 5 year old lad in 1993.

The reason SB is off the table is not OUFC or the county council's fault. Its the parish council and the nimby groups not playing ball and lying saying OUFC haven't contacted them.

Thats why in March the county council suggested to OUFC that we pursue the triangle instead.
So the County Council are keen for the development so that is very important?

Perhaps Oxford United should show off the training facilities at Horspath? Or would that deflect focus away from SB.

Perhaps Oxford United should show off the training facilities at Horspath? Or would that deflect focus away from SB.

Who are we showing it off too though? Anyone who is in to sports or has kids into sports will know Kidlington's sporting facilities are either non existent or poor.

The training ground is great and something similar could of been done at SB. Anyone who wishes to see what could of been achieved at SB needs to download the Stage 0 report on this link at the bottom of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom