• **** New European Championships section: HERE. ****

General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s fine.

Let the Parish councils continue to pay out the lease. We get a nice piece of land to build a lovely stadium, and other facilities, and they can let’s the locals suffer, and continue to play there sports where they are.

While we have what we need, and do as we please in terms of building state of the art facilities for ourselves only.

Then they can blame the few little sad sacks and KPC for letting them down.

They are towns. Kidlington is a quaint little village.
it is, I now live in a city with must be half the population of kidlington/gosford and water Eaton .
The facilities are far better and pay a lot less in council tax.
I moved to kidlington the day Maradona punched the ball into net.
And in that time the only new facilities opened to the public, were Stratfield Brake and Sainsbury’s.
Now a big grey housing estate, with no extra facilities like schools or doctors etc.
Going back fortnightly is depressing.
With the exception of 1, every local I’ve spoke to, is for the stadium.

Last edited:
I have been in correspondence with someone at FOSB, I have been trying to argue about the opportunity for Sport.
The person said the following...

'We believe Kidlington is well-served in terms of local sport'.
Well no surprise they think it's well served as they seem to know little about Kidlington. Kidlington is short of pitches and are hoping Cherwell we before the builders of the new housing being built in Water Eaton to provide them.
Edit :

Last edited:
You're forgetting FOSB and KPC have all made it clear they don't want a football stadium in their vicinity.

FoSB are nothing and no-one. A shouty voice in an echo chamber. Not worthy of the least consideration.

KPC a different matter sadly.

Well no surprise they think it's well served as they seem to know little about Kidlington. Kidlington is short of pitches and are hoping Cherwell we before the builders of the new housing being built in Water Eaton to provide them.
Edit :

Kidlington Parish Council did the people of Kidlington no favours by revealing their hand so early i.e Cllr Middleton being a vocal opponent right from last January, the KPC chair appearing on the news with FoSB, many negative statements/updates from KPC etc. Cllr Prestidge said the below a couple of weeks ago in that same Facebook thread:

Screenshot_20221228_190715_Gallery.jpg

On KPC, the agenda for their September meeting state they were due to 'receive minutes of committees and consider recommendations' of a Stratfield Brake meeting with Cherwell District Council:

Screenshot_20221227_232711_Samsung Notes.jpg

But the minutes of that meeting are yet to be published despite subsequent meetings having theirs published:

Screenshot_20221227_232722_Samsung Internet.jpg

What was the outcome of the meeting with CDC?

Kidlington Parish Council did the people of Kidlington no favours by revealing their hand so early i.e Cllr Middleton being a vocal opponent right from last January, the KPC chair appearing on the news with FoSB, many negative statements/updates from KPC etc. Cllr Prestidge said the below a couple of weeks ago in that same Facebook thread:

View attachment 11397

On KPC, the agenda for their September meeting state they were due to 'receive minutes of committees and consider recommendations' of a Stratfield Brake meeting with Cherwell District Council:

View attachment 11398

But the minutes of that meeting are yet to be published despite subsequent meetings having theirs published:

View attachment 11399

What was the outcome of the meeting with CDC?
Email the clerk and ask for the minutes to be published as they should be, might be useful to have the attachments X2 as well

Is it wrong to say they don't get my sympathy? 🤣
Yes because we don't want to hack off the mums and dads and sports teams as we will need them to step up. It's a shame they have not been more vocal to date, but we need to nurture their support, it's a long road through planning.

Yes because we don't want to hack off the mums and dads and sports teams as we will need them to step up. It's a shame they have not been more vocal to date, but we need to nurture their support, it's a long road through planning.

The only ones who have hacked off mums and dads and sports teams is KPC. They decided to refuse to talk before any plans from OUFC was available just because a few minority couldn't bare the thought of their quatant village actually having something decent for the locals and the youth to use. Now they will get 4500 properties on their doorstep along with a stadium but none of the world class infrastructure that was going with it.

KPC should of concentrated on getting the most out of the deal for the community not stopping it at all costs. Dont bite the hand that feeds you!

The only ones who have hacked off mums and dads and sports teams is KPC. They decided to refuse to talk before any plans from OUFC was available just because a few minority couldn't bare the thought of their quatant village actually having something decent for the locals and the youth to use. Now they will get 4500 properties on their doorstep along with a stadium but none of the world class infrastructure that was going with it.

KPC should of concentrated on getting the most out of the deal for the community not stopping it at all costs. Dont bite the hand that feeds you!
little Englander's =KPC ..... on paper theyre Greens n Liberals, in reality the appear to be right wing leaning, bigoted NIMBYs

Yes it has been less of Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, more don't even look at the horse.

Full council KPC meetings will be on zoom next next year. First full Council meeting is the 29/01/2023 I think, so just after OCC decide on our future.

Full council KPC meetings will be on zoom next next year. First full Council meeting is the 29/01/2023 I think, so just after OCC decide on our future.

Let's hope by then they have come to the realisation that they need to work with us and OCC to get the best for the population they represent and not kidding themselves with still trying to derail the project.

Leaving this here for the spy's of the opposition. 😛

Given the genuine importance of the (occ sub committee) meeting 24/12 ...I for one would be interested in sitting in/observing on that one via zoom.....IF at all possible?

Tempting ....though I think Id very likely get wound up if I did somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom