Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a way it's kind of weird that we are even questioning this whole situation, the will he/won't he.

The literal chairman of the club liked a tweet in which Karl stated he was the man for the job.

We are arguing for nothing. For better or undoubted worse, Mr Karl Robinson will be manager on Saturday after his refreshing break.

Devil's advocate here since I agree communication hasn't been great from the club but ...

Why are so many hitting the 'taking us for mugs' view with the club because they're not giving you what you want? If he's not going anywhere, why should the club post anything? They don't post randomly on a Monday after a win to say 'CLUB STATEMENT. Manager still in place'.

Unless he goes, there's nothing to say.

There are over 700 pages on here suggesting (mostly) that the manager should go.

The club is at a real risk of the fan base turning on the board precisely because they haven’t said anything. The fans would like to know if the board are happy that even though we have a stated intention of being a top 30 club that we are in a battle to stay in the top 70, and they seem to be doing nothing about it. If there’s nothing to be said, then they need to say that they are comfortable with the manager and that they aren’t changing him anytime soon and that the fans need to get behind him.

It sadly feels as though they are either sitting on their hands or running around with their hair on fire.

Is he out of the country or not? Did he take training today or not? Are the players training today or not?

There's only one way to find out....

@UTO !!!!!!!!!!!!
Imagine if the club have sanctioned for him to have a few days away at this time, and are also paying for the trip, with all expenses included.

Even worse Fowler is with him who’s not even an official employee and he’s also getting the freebies.

Meanwhile LB-S has just asked for extra ketchup on his whopper, that he’s paying for himself!

If Ainsworth does go to QPR, it'll mean there are only 5 mangers in the 92 that have been in post longer than Robinson.

1. Simon Weaver - Harrogate. 2 promotions - 1 from National League North to National League, then from NL to League 2.
2. John Coleman - Accrington Stanley. Promotion from League 2 to League 1.
3. Jurgen Klopp - Liverpool. 1x PL, 1x FA Cup, 1x EFL Cup, 1x Community Shield, 1x Champions League, 1x Super Cup, 1x World Club Cup.
4. Pep Guardiola - Manchester City. 4x PL, 1x FA Cup, 4x EFL Cup, 2x Community Shield.
5. Mark Robins - Coventry. 2 promotions - 1 from League 2 to League 1, then from League 1 to Championship.
6. Karl Robinson - Oxford United. 2 'aggressive' transfer windows. 10 'best player in the league on his day' signings. 1 defeat to Luton Town in 2018.

Devil's advocate here since I agree communication hasn't been great from the club but ...

Why are so many hitting the 'taking us for mugs' view with the club because they're not giving you what you want? If he's not going anywhere, why should the club post anything? They don't post randomly on a Monday after a win to say 'CLUB STATEMENT. Manager still in place'.

Jesus wept

I've got it -

Robinson is enroute to Spain
Fowler is in Thailand collecting the ceremonial sword
He will then travel to Spain
Where Mrs Karl will perform the official axing

Two jobs done in one

But the club doesn't have to sack him. Just tell him to stay away from the club and sort himself out until the Summer on full pay. And in the meantime get someone else to oversee the playing squad and hopefully it starts to bring back a bit of sense and belief. This doesn't need an immediate sacking and having to find £500K to pay him off straight away there are other ways it can be done. Clearly Robinson appears to be well liked by the owners otherwise he would have gone by now, so if it meant that they would find him another role at the football club after a period of gardening leave but not be in control of matchdays or training any more would the supporters have any appetite for that? I would go for it just to get him away from the players and not have any more influence on the team immediately if that is the only way it could be done even if there is still a bad smell in the background.

It seems to me that if KR is currently out of the country for a day or two, then it gives TW the perfect opportunity to sound out a potential interim manager who is currently employed by the club in another capacity, whether that be SK, DF, CS, CH,JH, SB or whoever.

‘Gardening leave’ is clearly an option especially if the board then cite KR’s personal issues as the reason he’s being given an extended break, rather than an immediate dismissal and be seen as kicking a man whilst he’s down.

It‘s a get out and would be a complete fudge in my view, but stranger things have happened and we are in a weird situation at the football club just now.

KR as a DoF must never be allowed to happen. I also don’t like the fact that Robbie Fowler has been hanging round the club since the summer.

Steve will be on Twitter sticking up for Karl soon.

Oh wait..

Never known a part time Academy worker to be so desperate to work with Karl.

f**k me.

If Ainsworth does go to QPR, it'll mean there are only 5 mangers in the 92 that have been in post longer than Robinson.

1. Simon Weaver - Harrogate. 2 promotions - 1 from National League North to National League, then from NL to League 2.
3. Jurgen Klopp - Liverpool. 1x PL, 1x FA Cup, 1x EFL Cup, 1x Community Shield, 1x Champions League, 1x Super Cup, 1x World Club Cup.
4. Pep Guardiola - Manchester City. 4x PL, 1x FA Cup, 4x EFL Cup, 2x Community Shield.
5. Mark Robins - Coventry. 2 promotions - 1 from League 2 to League 1, then from League 1 to Championship.
6. Karl Robinson - Oxford United. 2 'aggressive' transfer windows. 10 'best player in the league on his day' signings. 1 defeat to Luton Town in 2018.
And here's a PS to that list:
- John Coleman: Does a fantastic job on a tiny budget. He actually has a plan: a mix of old pros and boys released by the 'big' clubs that he can train up and then sell. He does all this while playing really decent football. And he talks a lot of sense. So miles ahead of KR on pretty much every metric.
- Simon Weaver: his job is possibly even safer that KR's. The Harrogate Chairman- and owner of the football club- is his dad!

It seems to me that if KR is currently out of the country for a day or two, then it gives TW the perfect opportunity to sound out a potential interim manager who is currently employed by the club in another capacity, whether that be SK, DF, CS, CH,JH, SB or whoever.

‘Gardening leave’ is clearly an option especially if the board then cite KR’s personal issues as the reason he’s being given an extended break, rather than an immediate dismissal and be seen as kicking a man whilst he’s down.

It‘s a get out and would be a complete fudge in my view, but stranger things have happened and we are in a weird situation at the football club just now.

KR as a DoF must never be allowed to happen. I also don’t like the fact that Robbie Fowler has been hanging round the club since the summer.
I think that's wishful thinking. There's no change. Status Quo. Inertia. Nil. We chug along with Robbo as King.

I’m so pi***d off with the club and the lack of communication to the fans and their inability to lead. The fact that Grant Ferguson liked the Ox Mail tweet saying KR will get us out of the league is surely trolling at this point.
I’m a season ticket holder of more than 10 years but I’m not going to another game whilst KR is in charge. The football is boring and he’s clearly lost all ideas of how to turn this around. The writing has been on the wall for a while now and yet the powers that be have let this unfold for reason not know by the fans as we are not told. The communication from the club at the start of the season was that we are aiming for top 30 but the action is Sunday league.
I’ve had enough.

They won't be able to sack him then, he'll have Listed status

People can say what they like about Ainsworth, and his style of football, but he gets the best out of what he’s got available, and you cannot question their work ethic. Them players that play for Wycombe Wanderers always give it 100%.

As for our inept manager that needs to be removed from his post, he needs to do the right thing, or the Chairman and CEO need to act fast, because I’m afraid it’s not only getting more and more toxic, it will get very nasty too.

It’s harming GF and TW reputation the longer this goes on. It’s fracturing and splintering the fanbase.

Radio Oxford did a poll after the Cambridge game 95% said they wanted the manager out. 5% were unsure. 0% for KR to stay, apart from a deluded caller, that was quite frankly on a wind up.

There are some good managers out of work, that would get more of a tune out of these players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom