Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bookmakers odds are, by their definition, a way of equating chance, as is a percentage, so I’m not really sure what you’re getting at. Honestly, get a dictionary out, it’s right there.

Bookmakers odds, by their definition, are a statement on your monetary return per unit bet when correctly predicting the outcome of an event.

A dog is a mammal. A cat is a mammal. A dog is not a cat.

You're not sure what I'm getting at, and this is fine, there's no shame in not understanding something. I can put the maths up if it helps?

Which entry of my OED do you suggest I check?

The attendance of just under 9000 looked quite close to reality, not as many ST holders stayed away as speculated on here?

Okay my message is the same to the original poster!
This praise of Wilder in the last few days is staggering, far from what I heard in the last few week of his tenure. People seem to think the more Mapp and Wilder are built up, the bigger gap between them and KR's achievements it's desperate stuff.
Both Mapp and Wilder both got us promoted. kr has achieved nothing. How much wider of a gap do you want?

Mmmm, that’s how to unite a fan base.

Sectioning members off into ‘Happy Clappers’, going after individual members, name calling etc.

Incredibly tiresome.
And back to reality.
Whose trying to unite a fan base? Whose going after individuals who dont do the same?
The happy Clappers are tiresome in trying to convince everyone Coco is the messiah. This is whats tiresome.

Oxford United 2022-23, 23 games under Karl Robinson.

C65AD3B5-A601-49F6-AF0A-AB0503733A02.jpeg

Oxford United 2017-2018, 29 games in following the sacking of Pep Clotet.

7A801BDA-DEAF-43DD-8B7B-DF2897520430.jpeg

Comment.
• 6 games to pick up 10 points or more to better the record of Pep Clotet.
• 9 points to equal the points tally.

The 6 games are:
Exeter (h), Fleetwood (a), Ipswich (h), Wycombe (a), Burton (a), Barnsley (h)

Let’s see how the records compare on February 1st following the rearranged Barnsley fixture.

Will be a nice guide to use considering another transfer window will of passed by then.

Till then 👋🏼

Bookmakers odds, by their definition, are a statement on your monetary return per unit bet when correctly predicting the outcome of an event.

A dog is a mammal. A cat is a mammal. A dog is not a cat.

You're not sure what I'm getting at, and this is fine, there's no shame in not understanding something. I can put the maths up if it helps?

Which entry of my OED do you suggest I check?

That might be the function of odds, but the dictionary definition is “the degree with which some thing is likely to happen”

Yes bookmakers odds reflected into % chance won’t add up to 100% so cannot be absolutely accurate. If a 10 runner horse race is priced up to a 110% book, then the % chances will amount to 10% more, or approx 1% per runner. So when speaking it relative terms, and using odds as a ball-park reference of perceived chance that overround is fairly irrelevant, especially as a talking point and when quantifying the difference between perception and reality.

Also, you say the “system is rigged” but liquid exchange markets are often priced up to 100%

Last edited:
  • React
Reactions: m
And back to reality.
Whose trying to unite a fan base? Whose going after individuals who dont do the same?
The happy Clappers are tiresome in trying to convince everyone Coco is the messiah. This is whats tiresome.
You are deriding the opinion of people that don’t agree with you aren't you?

Twas a bit strange, still spaces in the East Stand car park at 7:15, yet the stands looked pretty full.

Robinsons achievements at the Club has been to create a team that has won many matches and the quality of football has been often good.
it's that old chestnut of style v outcome.

Many didn't like the style of an Atkins or Wilder but the latter earned a promotion but the latter was never overly bothered about the home support (your bread and butter customer) and towards the end of his tenure it was very mundane and dull to watch in the main. (reference my always staring at my feet comments)

Now we've had a poster point out that the modern fan wants entertainment and is easily put off after a game or run of, so an Atkins or Wilder type manager would not suit that Modern fan.

There is also a "instant" in modern society where everything needs to be Now.
There is very little "Attachment" with a modern fan and club, if they are not getting what they perceive as entertainment they find something else to do.

They can witness a 4-0 drubbing of a premier league side but if their next visit is not at least on a par, then in their mindset there are other things seeking their Leisure Pound or expenditure.

This "Modern" extends to comparison of Managers with the regular and Lifelong fan, The Modern game where Money dictates. Where it's the Championship and the next level of a pot of money wanted "Now"

No longer dare to draw or lose a game of football.

To be fair, it did look like something close to a 9,000 crowd to my eyes last night.
By all accounts Charlton sold tickets but not all attended, something to do with their Ticket scheme and points needed to get a Man Utd Ticket.

When I started watching Gerry summers was manager, never stood a chance of getting promoted, signed some really good players who made outstanding contributions to the team, had one bad season and he was off , had a good reputation as a coach it just shows how times have changed

Would robinson if we ever get promotion keep the team up at a higher level, could he sign the right players to achieve this, I am not sure,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom