Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because........

This bus is never late, but at least it might have actually arrived for this season. Good thing you’re old enough to not have to pay.

Because I teed it up and you banged it in. Cracking shot.

And, you young metrosexual person, I'm not that old. Don't even have a fucking bus pass. WTF don't I have to pay for? Git.

Because he’s a self-defeating plonker, who if he just put square pegs in square holes and built a balanced squad in the summer would achieve a hell of a lot more than he actually does when you look under the bonnet. As it stands he still spends too much time trying what he wants to work, rather than what will actually have the best chance of doing so. Then people start giving him slaps and shouting at him and his ego doesn’t get stroked enough, so he changes things up which makes them improve fairly quickly. This is usually when the people who criticise him get told they’re wrong and are somehow being shown up by his performance, even though they’ve ultimately been proven right because it was only when he changed like they wanted him to that things improved.

This bus is never late, but at least it might have actually arrived for this season. Good thing you’re old enough to not have to pay.
Oh dear , you have upset PC now ! He does not drink gin and tonics you know 😏

We should realise that we started slowly last season and are doing better as the new year comes.
I have to admit I didn’t think Shodipo would do well, he has.
Can‘t recall the last time a left back for us scored three goals in two games.
And think Cameron is still on the way back and We are virtually injury free

Tell you what, the first couple of pages of this thread are an absolute joke. Just goes to show how fickle us football fans can be..
Not really, people were rightly questioning why a manager has, for the second season in a row, assembled a team that spent the first 10-15 games looking pretty shambolic.

I think this question still needs answering, you can't go season after season starting so poorly, makes the mountain of promotion that much harder to climb

Not really, people were rightly questioning why a manager has, for the second season in a row, assembled a team that spent the first 10-15 games looking pretty shambolic.

I think this question still needs answering, you can't go season after season starting so poorly, makes the mountain of promotion that much harder to climb
I think that comments like we will be relegated unless we get rid of him have been shown to be nonsense?

I think that comments like we will be relegated unless we get rid of him have been shown to be nonsense?
Agreed, although I don't recall anyone being that definitive, but it's wrong to deride the people questioning him for making the same mistake two seasons in a row. I think he's saved himself for the time being, but I still find myself frustrated as to why we put ourselves in the position of having another uphill struggle in order to have a sniff of the playoffs

I don't recall anyone being that definitive, but it's wrong to deride the people questioning him for making the same mistake two seasons in a row. I think he's saved himself for the time being, but I still find myself frustrated as to why we put ourselves in the position of having another uphill struggle in order to have a sniff of the playoffs
Er that was a comment in the first 2 pages.

Er that was a comment in the first 2 pages.
I'm not going to re-read the first 2 pages to find someone spouting that as a truth, I wasn't suggesting it wasn't said. Feel free to continue ignoring my other very valid arguments though 😀

I'm sure we'd all like a storming start to a season, ending up in promotion with games to spare. But if the alternative is a slow start while the team finds an effective way of playing then a mid-season surge ending in promotion - even if it's close at the end - I'll take that as a second choice.

Some of the comments offering criticism of KR on this thread were perfectly valid and well-made, but a few were far too emotionally-charged to be taken seriously.

The reality is that losing Gorrin and Ruffels,and then Brannagan and Atkinson for several games was always going to be challenging. The fact that this also happened at a time when Eastwood and Henry dropped form, and others struggled to adapt to regular football and the poor start was no real surprise.

People blame recruitment, but look at McGuane, Obita and Shodipo (and Atkinson) since they've settled? Kelly also does the ugly stuff well, and Winnall could still prove to be a great signing if he can stay fit.

People talk about sticking with Clare too long at right back, but Long was playing everywhere else, Forde was covering in centre mid and Hanson is only just coming back. Robinson switched Long to right back when he could have and we've looked a much better side since. Eastwood has been poor, but I'm not sure that throwing Stevens into a disorganised defence would have helped. He's come in when the rest of the side has settled and grabbing the chance with both hands. Arguably Robinson has looked long term rather than taking knee jerk decisions, and that is now paying off.

I know we're playing teams at the bottom, but we've also had good results against Hull, Ipswich and Pompey, and Plymouth were no gimme.

So, if you want to blame Robinson for our start, then at least give credit for our turn around. Or we acknowledge that we've got a decent squad and set up that was badly affected by injuries, but is now beginning to show how good it really is.

And if we had had 3 centre-backs we'd have missed out on a lot of trouble.

As mentioned by a few at the time.

Nope, the last few games havent changed my view completely yet and i stand by what i said. Our start was an utter, utter shambles, it wasnt just the fact we were losing, we were awful, and looked like we didnt care.

Credit to KR for what appears to be a turnaround, but that start was sackable territory without a doubt.

Nope, the last few games havent changed my view completely yet and i stand by what i said. Our start was an utter, utter shambles, it wasnt just the fact we were losing, we were awful, and looked like we didnt care.

Credit to KR for what appears to be a turnaround, but that start was sackable territory without a doubt.
But you’re happy with things as they are right now, surely?

We always start poorly under Robinson, once we realise we are in the s**t it gives us a kick up the a**e and we start to do all the things that you have to do to get points from games.

I reckon we could start on -10 points and it wouldn’t hinder us, we give away the first 10 games of every season anyway, we would probably just start winning games earlier. Need to keep the mentality that a relegation battle brings out in us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom