Manager/Coach Karl Robinson

Our Long Term plans will see us with a new stadium resulting in extra revenue streams and ability to become a top 30 side in the country.

The short and medium implications of this means we may not be competing on a level playing field with some of the Bigger clubs that drop into this league

simples really
People on here have been warned before about talking sense.!! 😁

I still think it is an odd thing to say. (BTW, the word 'negative' was used by KR himself, not by anyone else on here about that statement!!!).

It is of course perfectly reasonable to think short term spending has to be controlled - but I wouldn't say the club is in a negative situation at the moment (at one of the highest points we have been for years, apparently balancing the books through player sales and being supported by the board through this 'difficult time').

So I didn't really understand what he was getting at. Presumably not substantial cuts to the budget or playing staff - is there much point in having a swanky new stadium if you are in L2 or the Conference? That would be 'negative'. Or is it just 'not much is going to change until/unless we get a new stadium'? In which case, I don't think it's that negative at all!

This.

Perfectly reasonable to see the stadium as our long term goal, and that may mean that short term investment needs to be controlled, especially during the current climate.

Of course there will be those who can only see negatives, but this is about creating a sustainable and secure club that can still compete beyond our playing budget.

But I guess it's more fun to talk of hot dogs!!!

I don't understand why the stadium has to be long term? We only have 6 years left on the lease before we have to try and negotiate a temporary or better deal. Obviously if we did end up moving before the 6 years we would have to pay out of the lease or come to an agreement with Kassam so he could sell the stadium on for housing.

While these next 6 years the board are pumping money in to the club and we are losing money as we have no control over match day revenue apart from tickets (pre pandemic). Just seems daft buisness to wait the full 6 years before moving in to a new shiny stadium especially if we did get promoted to the championship.

I don't understand why the stadium has to be long term? We only have 6 years left on the lease before we have to try and negotiate a temporary or better deal. Obviously if we did end up moving before the 6 years we would have to pay out of the lease or come to an agreement with Kassam so he could sell the stadium on for housing.

While these next 6 years the board are pumping money in to the club and we are losing money as we have no control over match day revenue apart from tickets (pre pandemic). Just seems daft buisness to wait the full 6 years before moving in to a new shiny stadium especially if we did get promoted to the championship.
I am certain that the Board are not waiting for the 6 years to expire!!
The reason it would be long term would be agreeing the land, design, content of the build, then the small matter of the financing, the council's involvement and a whole load more things thstcwouod have to be agreed before putting in the planning application

I am certain that the Board are not waiting for the 6 years to expire!!
The reason it would be long term would be agreeing the land, design, content of the build, then the small matter of the financing, the council's involvement and a whole load more things thstcwouod have to be agreed before putting in the planning application

But everyone has known the issue with he stadium and the lease for years and we can't be sustainable, Tiger has been the owner for 3 years and obviously the pandemic has slowed the progress but the need to have our own stadium to progress is still there. I just thought we would of been a bit further along the line if the board wasn't waiting for that lease to run out.

Thise comments really went without saying if he was serious.

"It’s always flattering, but no-one’s contacted me for the last few months." - no shit, sherlock?

Usual load of old bollocks, I doubt he even has a clue what he's on about, beyond 'look at me!'.

I think the real headline should be..

'Karl Robinson denies rumour that Karl Robinson started'

Nothing in this, but always good to be portrayed that you are a manager in demand. He seems to like denying a link at least once a season.

Considering all the hoo-ha regarding the rumours of Bournemouth, at least its' all done.

I think the real headline should be..

'Karl Robinson denies rumour that Karl Robinson started'

Nothing in this, but always good to be portrayed that you are a manager in demand. He seems to like denying a link at least once a season.

So he makes up a rumour to make it look like he is committed to the club and the fans should appreciate the loyalty he has shown. Hoping this will in fact deflect some of the fans criticism of his squads failure to improve on last season.

I’d just like to confirm that I haven’t had any contact about a proposed threesome with Jessica Alba and Dua Lipa. The rumours are flattering but as it stands I’m focused on my pre-existing engagement with Pat St Clement and Wagner from X Factor.

So he makes up a rumour to make it look like he is committed to the club and the fans should appreciate the loyalty he has shown. Hoping this will in fact deflect some of the fans criticism of his squads failure to improve on last season.
Do you honestly think that Robinson made up this rumour?

Who are you really punting yourself at, Ryan?
I’m actually just after a better deal from my current dandy. Hoping that if they think I might be up for slipping others a portion they’ll give me a pass on the washing up for the next three years, while all their mates will think I’m a proper gent for remaining faithful.

Might get a bit of extra a**e play out of it an’ all.

But everyone has known the issue with he stadium and the lease for years and we can't be sustainable, Tiger has been the owner for 3 years and obviously the pandemic has slowed the progress but the need to have our own stadium to progress is still there. I just thought we would of been a bit further along the line if the board wasn't waiting for that lease to run out.

How many bloody times do you have to be told???!!!

No one is waiting for the lease (it's a licence actually, but I don't want to confuse you further) to run out before doing anything. Things are happening. Real progress has been made, and continues to be. Yet you continue, at every opportunity, to trot out your negative," nothing's happening because the club haven't dropped a full dossier and contracts through my door" bullshit. Give it a rest, it's bloody tiresome. You clearly have no idea about it, so leave it to those who do.

And just to make you feel a little better, I don't THINK these things are happening, I KNOW it.

No one is waiting for the lease (it's a licence actually, but I don't want to confuse you further) to run out before doing anything. Things are happening. Real progress has been made, and continues to be. Yet you continue, at every opportunity, to trot out your negative," nothing's happening because the club haven't dropped a full dossier and contracts through my door" bullshit. Give it a rest, it's bloody tiresome. You clearly have no idea about it, so leave it to those who do.

And just to make you feel a little better, I don't THINK these things are happening, I KNOW it.

Either you're Niall or you are a making a big assumption and hoping it comes to fruition. Let's see what happens in the next 6 years as so far all of it is hearsay and nothing concrete has come out.

Last edited:

TBH I have no idea about it either. It’s boring to whinge on about it but I hope we’ll learn something fairly soon

Back
Top Bottom