Manager/Coach Karl Robinson

Has to be in contention for manager of the month, no justice if someone else gets it.
Doncaster have won 4/4 in the league this year + beat Blackburn in the FA cup in fairness. Think we've had the slightly harder fixtures, although they did beat Lincoln today. So probably a coin toss between KR and Darren Moore

Couldn’t agree more although he does deserve it. If they beat Doncaster that would really be awesome

It’s unreal how Robbo has never won this award while managing us. Saved us from the drop, took us to the play off final and heading towards play offs again in one of the strongest L1’s in recent times, certainly in terms of club sizes. Some fantastic cup exploits where we’ve outplayed West Ham, more than matched Newcastle twice and racked up a record number of attempts against City. Regularly up amongst the highest goal scorers too and we aren’t a club who tends to lose heavily either. He’s had us punching above our weight for most of his tenure and should have been recognised by now.

Not sure how McCann won this award.

In January , Hull City drew with Blackpool at home and drew with Sunderland away. The Tigers
also lost at Accrington!

Who actually decides who wins the Manager of the Month award ? No wonder it is cursed.

Not sure really what else you have to do apart from winning every single game in a calendar month!
I know we joke about it, but KR cares more about accolades than we may think. He'll be annoyed this morning.

Not sure really what else you have to do apart from winning every single game in a calendar month!
I know we joke about it, but KR cares more about accolades than we may think. He'll be annoyed this morning.
If you look at the tweet Junior posted above, you can see what the EFL have done, they have a database somewhere which shows Hull won 14 points in the month, we only got 12, so the award goes there... No matter they played 3 games more. I doubt they have anyone actually look at the contenders, just get the office apprentice to get the team with the most points...

We're Oxford. We always get overlooked. Not big enough to be media darlings and not small enough to be the plucky underdogs. Just keep going under the radar. The award is a curse anyway :D

Back
Top Bottom