Ex-Staff The Karl Robinson Thread

Let's see where they are under him next season - I'm saying top 4. Just an opinion.
In the play offs then? Whether you come 4th or 7th in that league means little, it amounts to the same thing.

It’s funny, a turnaround in one season from relegation threatened to aspiring to finish in the play offs is doing well at Salford, yet Des is ridiculed for not sustaining a start to the season that was proven to likely be unsustainable, based upon the stats and XG that we were producing. Despite the drop off, change of manager and uncertainty off the field, we remain level with 6th and have it in our own hands.

Be very interesting to see how quickly a fallout comes this summer when the Class of 92 try interfering with his transfers and signings he wants.

Think it will go all pete tong.

I don't think he will be able to impress Ryan Giggs just by knowing Robbie Fowler, be very surprised if Fowler is allowed to sit on the bench for a paint pot match as well.

In the play offs then? Whether you come 4th or 7th in that league means little, it amounts to the same thing.

It’s funny, a turnaround in one season from relegation threatened to aspiring to finish in the play offs is doing well at Salford, yet Des is ridiculed for not sustaining a start to the season that was proven to likely be unsustainable, based upon the stats and XG that we were producing. Despite the drop off, change of manager and uncertainty off the field, we remain level with 6th and have it in our own hands.

That’s just not true is it.

He’s ridiculed because the results since he come here have been shocking. 15th in the League since he’s been here isn’t it. Or it was as of Saturday.

Teams with far worse squads have out-performed us.

Don’t spin bullshit.

If he had come in and had us performing as the 7th best side in the league for the time period we’d been easily in the play offs now.

That’s just not true is it.

He’s ridiculed because the results since he come here have been shocking. 15th in the League since he’s been here isn’t it. Or it was as of Saturday.

Teams with far worse squads have out-performed us.

Don’t spin bullshit.

Well it is true. George Elek referenced the XG on a number of occasions and said that it was highly unlikely to be sustainable. We were outperforming the stats.

Nobody is spinning anything.

Buckingham has done a shambolic job, no doubt about that.

But I think I'd still rather him than KR. I find him painful.
I don't mind KR at all 🤷‍♂️

He spoke some shite at times but you never doubted that he cared. At least his interviews had some personality, rather than being just another PR merchant. Des seems like a nice guy but he comes across as though he's just saying what he thinks he's 'meant' to say to the press.

Last edited:
I see that Ryan Giggs is now director of football at Salford City, the club he co-owns as part of the 'Class of 92' group with former Manchester United team-mates Neville brothers, Nicky Butt and Paul Scholes.

Can’t imagine Karl likes having a DofF keeping a check on his favour for mate type deals.

I’m surprised that Salford are languishing in 20th place in League 2, with players such as Tilt, Garbutt and McAleny regulars in the team.
I am sure i saw Scholes at Shrewsbury

Robinson has a PPG of 1.41 at Salford, compared to Buckingham's 1.28 at Oxford

Robinson joined Salford when they were 21st, Buckingham joined us when we were 2nd.

So not a huge amount in it then.

And Salford are now sat in 20th with a few teams behind them with 2 or 3 games in hand.

I am not disputing that Des has had a poor start and we have slipped off the pace (who would), but all Karl has done is tread water and on that basis to be inspired to think he will do very well... eventually, is, to say the least, amusing.

In their defeat at AFC Wimbledon yesterday, 6 Salford players received yellow cards, plus a further 2 sent off for dissent in stoppage time.

Passion.

I don't mind KR at all 🤷‍♂️

He spoke some shite at times but you never doubted that he cared.
Just seen this and Jesus Christ, really? If you listened to the volume in his interviews and took the words he said at face value you'd think he cared. If you paid any attention at all to him ignoring the problems in our squad for years to focus on vanity projects and writing off last season by not bothering with the transfer window meaning we had to throw money around late doors you might not be so sure Was it in the clubs best interests to sign Sam Allardyce's nephew, hot off being released from Bury? Or do you think maybe it was more to stay in favour with big Sam which helped him get a cushy 4 month job at Leeds? Was letting Matty Taylor go 10 minutes before the deadline last January for the benefit of the club as a whole? How about letting Jodi Jones go and specifically saying he couldn't be recalled at a time we couldn't score goals? Before that how about when he openly flirted with Blackpool in the press and when they didn't want him he had to apologise to the crowd before the last game prior to COVID? At least before he left he'd gutted the backroom team to try and make himself indispensable meaning we've got even more work to do to catch up.

These are just off the top of my, I'm absolutely certain there are others. Like I say if you just listen to the tone of his interviews and the words he says you'd get the impression he cares but scratch a modicum below the surface it's pretty clear he's a charlatan who's just out for himself.

Last edited:
Just seen this and Jesus Christ, really? If you listened to the volume in his interviews and took the words he said at face value you'd think he cared. If you paid any attention at all to him ignoring the problems in our squad for years to focus on vanity projects, writing off last season by not bothering with the transfer window meaning we had to throw money around late doors. Was it in the clubs best interests to sign Sam Allardyce's nephew, hot off being released from Bury? Or do you think maybe it was more to stay in favour with big Sam which helped him get a cushy 4 month job at Leeds? Was letting Matty Taylor go 10 minutes before the deadline last January for the benefit of the club as a whole? How about letting Jodi Jones go and specifically saying he couldn't be recalled at a time we couldn't score goals? Before that how about when he openly flirted with Blackpool in the press and when they didn't want him he had to apologise to the crowd before the last game prior to COVID? At least before he left he'd gutted the backroom team to try and make himself indispensable meaning we've got even more work to do to catch up.

These are just off the top of my, I'm absolutely certain there are others. Like I say if you just listen to the tone of his interviews and the words he says you'd get the impression he cares but scratch a modicum below the surface it's pretty clear he's a charlatan who's just out for himself.

Robinson cared about how he came across in interviews and in the media, cared about how he was perceived, cared enough to keep telling us how much he cared. All that emotive bullshit about his humility and how humble he was.

Treated our footbal club with total disrespect for the last 18 months of his tenure, rapidly heading for League 2 before the board finally woke up, whilst leaving a complete mess of an unballanced squad filled with injury prone players on expensive contracts for his successors to sort out.

Yeah he cared.

Back
Top Bottom