Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Swaby39 I’ve been saying the purse strings have been tightened. Nobody cares to listen.

You remember last time, when I was right about things at the club, and I constantly got slated. I was right all along, and I think I’m right once again sadly.

This was a golden opportunity to achieve something this season, as there isn’t any club that is standing out screaming promotion.

We won’t be spending much in terms of fee’s for players. We will be looking at loans, which is why we are waiting ie domino effect.
You may well be right, the only strange thing is the players we’d most likely take on loan wouldn’t usually be near the first teams at the clubs they are coming from, eg Beadle, Mills, Stevens, Perkins in the last window. So I don’t get why there is or would be a domino effect from that? Surely the clubs loaning players would want them to get as much game time and experience as possible, so the quicker they join a club the better?

Er Ipswich are paying all of his salary. Where is the gamble in that?
I didn’t realise. I thought we were simply extending the loan and rehabilitating him in the process. Wasn’t aware Ipswich were subsidising the wages. In that case it’s of no cost to us other than resources so it could work out well if he comes through and signs.

@Swaby39
This was a golden opportunity to achieve something this season, as there isn’t any club that is standing out screaming promotion
I'm pretty sure Derby were screaming promotion when we played them a couple of weeks ago. That should probably have been 6-2 as well. 9 wins in 11.

I didn’t realise. I thought we were simply extending the loan and rehabilitating him in the process. Wasn’t aware Ipswich were subsidising the wages. In that case it’s of no cost to us other than resources so it could work out well if he comes through and signs.

Not subsidising…they are paying his wages. He is contracted to Ipswich, we have ended the loan.

They have no interest in extending his contract beyond June, so have said he can remain with us, no obligation to return to train with them when fit (as that will be April / May in any case). We pay rehab costs.

Missed the Radio cover today, any more updates on ins or outs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom