Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

Even in the PL there are very few January signings that really hit the ground running, and strikers are vastly overpriced with those at the top of their game either with teams looking to go up or teams desperate to stay up.

I thought the other comments on Rad Ox about a League One Jordan Bowery were interesting. Rather than looking at a 20 goal a season striker we maybe need to look at someone who will score 3 or 4 vital goals that contribute towards half a dozen extra points.

Matt Stevens at Forest Green would be someone that I'd be looking at. Along with Nicky Cadden, both are out of contract next summer I think so Forest Green maybe willing to cash in if they think they'll still have enough to maintain their promotion push.
Yes we just need to pay off poor old Winnall and get in someone fitter and more able to pitch in with a few goals. Dan still has a role to play and I thought he looked very lively in his usual five minutes.

I thought the other comments on Rad Ox about a League One Jordan Bowery were interesting. Rather than looking at a 20 goal a season striker we maybe need to look at someone who will score 3 or 4 vital goals that contribute towards half a dozen extra points.

A Martin Aldridge* Mk II, coming in to score winners as we move up to division two.

*RIP

A Martin Aldridge* Mk II, coming in to score winners as we move up to division two.

*RIP
RIP indeed. A real talent that had so much more to offer.

Didn't he score 9 or 10 goals in the second half of our promotion season? Moody and Rush rightly get a lot of the headlines, but Aldridge and Matt Murphy got some vital goals too, and all being fed by Joey and Stuart Massey they were incredible times.

Perhaps optimistic but Ellis Sims (the guy who played for Blackpool last year is just sitting at Everton still could be an option he got 8 for them last year and is 6’2 so an aerial threat as well
Very optimistic. I am a little surprised that he didn't spend another year with Blackpool in the Championship. He was one of Blackpool's best players in the Play Offs

How about Dane Scarlett or jack clarke on loan from Spurs u21s both fairly decent and we could develop them like we do most loan signing we make if not those two then how about the morcambe #7 he was decent yesterday or there #9 him and Taylor would win us this league
I know very optimistic 😁

How about Dane Scarlett or jack clarke on loan from Spurs u21s both fairly decent and we could develop them like we do most loan signing we make if not those two then how about the morcambe #7 he was decent yesterday or there #9 him and Taylor would win us this league
I know very optimistic [emoji16]

KR made a comment about Stockton not influencing the game other than scoring a goal yesterday, so don’t think he’ll be top of the list. That and his massive price tag!

I know very optimistic 😁
I think Scarlett would be fantastic

KR made a comment about Stockton not influencing the game other than scoring a goal yesterday, so don’t think he’ll be top of the list. That and his massive price tag!
I didnt really understand that comment. Stockton couldnt really do any more than he did. He was never going to get many chances yesterday and took a half-chance amazingly well. A real class finish. He also did well with a header in the first half. An easy save for Eastwood in the end but Stockton did well to get any power on it as the cross had no real pace on it and was behind him. He had a swagger about him that is good to see in a no.9.

Having said that Taylor won the ‘duel’ hands down yesterday.

I know very optimistic 😁
I thought the left back Leigh was impressive for them. I think I remember him having a good game against us when playing for Northampton if its the same player? I also thought the big no 8 was decent. Did a good job covering the back four as a DCM.

I didnt really understand that comment. Stockton couldnt really do any more than he did. He was never going to get many chances yesterday and took a half-chance amazingly well. A real class finish. He also did well with a header in the first half. An easy save for Eastwood in the end but Stockton did well to get any power on it as the cross had no real pace on it and was behind him. He had a swagger about him that is good to see in a no.9.

Having said that Taylor won the ‘duel’ hands down yesterday.
I'm not sure that Robinson was entirely dismissing Stockton but trying to show that goals alone are not the only factor when looking at strikers. The example yesterday between him and Taylor being a perfect example of how they both came off the pitch with a goal each but how Matty contributed so much more.

That said, I'd definitely have Stockton high on my Christmas list. His goal was fantastic and he looks like the kind of player that could get vital goals when the chips are down, and that could make all the difference. He'd have to play as a 9, but I think that Taylor is almost playing as 10 these days so you could play both.

Screenshot_20211031-093746_LINEUP11.jpg

I'm not sure that Robinson was entirely dismissing Stockton but trying to show that goals alone are not the only factor when looking at strikers. The example yesterday between him and Taylor being a perfect example of how they both came off the pitch with a goal each but how Matty contributed so much more.

That said, I'd definitely have Stockton high on my Christmas list. His goal was fantastic and he looks like the kind of player that could get vital goals when the chips are down, and that could make all the difference. He'd have to play as a 9, but I think that Taylor is almost playing as 10 these days so you could play both.

View attachment 7397
If we came out of January with a team looolike that wow that would show some real intent from the board not only keeping Brannigan but also get Stockton yes please

I thought the left back Leigh was impressive for them. I think I remember him having a good game against us when playing for Northampton if its the same player? I also thought the big no 8 was decent. Did a good job covering the back four as a DCM.
Did he play against us for Bury?

View attachment 7397
Think he would cost a bit but I’m sure if KR makes an enquiry then Thohir will stump up the cash.

Back
Top Bottom