iFollow for 2020-21Season

I wonder if the club have the license to offer an online ST for UK fans? £150 for a half-season ticket which gives access to all iFollow matches, which should last up until the point that the 50% attendance capacity is breached.

Well well well.

Will be interesting to see what happens re ST holders getting into matches. Otherwise people will have paid twice what others have to sit and watch streams.
Indeed. That doesn't seem fair - maybe ST holders will be able to stream the away matches as well?

I imagine with their fair and just board members it will go something like...

Championship 95%
League 1 4%
League 2 1%
Well it says championship clubs will keep the revenue individually for what they sell so I assume that will include away game streaming. For league one and two it suggests a complex structure. Great

Indeed. That doesn't seem fair - maybe ST holders will be able to stream the away matches as well?
We had to pay for away tickets before so why should it be different now? We could get a rebate for the matches we were not able to attend and had to stream?

I'd assume that would be the case. I mean, you weren't not having to go on another clubs iFollow to watch our away midweek games last year. I'd assume ST holders would have free access on their accounts to all matches.

They will probably do some sort of lottery for ST holders when there are fan restrictions.
Saying that I can't see us selling over 5k which is less than 50% of the capacity.
I'm happy just streaming home games and listening to RadOx for away games for the foreseeable future

Well it says championship clubs will keep the revenue individually for what they sell so I assume that will include away game streaming. For league one and two it suggests a complex structure. Great
The Championship behaving differently from the rest of the EFL again? Madness.

Next you’ll be telling me they still haven’t voted for that darned salary cap.

Anyone got any ideas how this might work with Ifollow/overseas exiles?

I'd assume that would be the case. I mean, you weren't not having to go on another clubs iFollow to watch our away midweek games last year. I'd assume ST holders would have free access on their accounts to all matches.
Planned are individual match passes. Away games are not covered by season tickets so they won't be covered for iFollow. I would expect though, that there will be a facility to buy a pass to stream for an away game, after all, income will still be needed.

Where I have a very strong reservation is to the ability of iFollow to cope with the demand.

Also, like @RyanioBirdio I feel that it is unfair on those that do renew/buy a season ticket, that non season ticket holders get a better deal in terms of streaming.
Yes, I wish to support my club but, I don't wish for my support to be taken for granted. ( I have just renewed two 1893 season tickets at a cost of £1150. And that's without any guarantee that I can sit in the seat I've paid for!)

I would expect the club to liaise with the EFL and come up with some sort of benefit in kind for season ticket holders.

Of course away fans will be able to stream games. It would be pure insanity beyond even the EFL’s remit if, say, Sunderland fans couldn’t stream their game against us, for example.

edit - in general I mean, not related to the ST discussion

Attendance will be limited to around 30-35%, which will cover all season tickets that have currently been sold. There will also be those who have bought a season ticket but rarely attend, or are in high risk categories and do not want to go back just yet. So unless there are local spikes or changes to Government guidance, then all season ticket holders who want to attend games will be able to do so from October.

Streaming will be free for home games where season ticket holders are unable to attend, and a tenner for everyone else.

I know that we all like to blame the FA and others, but seems entirely reasonable to me!

We had to pay for away tickets before so why should it be different now? We could get a rebate for the matches we were not able to attend and had to stream?
Well if ST holders have paid £300 for 23 home games then that is £13 or £14 a game. It seems a bit daft for the club to have to send out three or four quid to 4,000 people every time to even up the payment with non-ST holders. TBH I don't care that much if I lose out a bit for a few games at the start of the season, but if restrictions are not lifted or reimposed and it is for all or the majority of the 23 home games, that's getting to be a significant amount of money extra that I will have laid out as opposed to those who didn't buy a ST. I didn't claim my rebate last season, nor the money I'd laid out for the away tickets, but there comes a point where I'd actually like to get what I have paid for!

I am sure the club are thinking hard about the situation though, so not really too irritated.... yet!

In fairness, ST holders bought a ticket on the understanding that if they weren't able to attend games, access to live match streaming would be provided. That was the deal.

So while it's frustrating, the club will have delivered what was promised before anyone made the decision to purchase one.

The bigger issue, for me, is if the club can't accommodate all ST holders that wish to attend - some won’t want to return immediately - who misses out and how is that decided? Don’t envy any club having to make that decision.

Attendance will be limited to around 30-35%, which will cover all season tickets that have currently been sold. There will also be those who have bought a season ticket but rarely attend, or are in high risk categories and do not want to go back just yet. So unless there are local spikes or changes to Government guidance, then all season ticket holders who want to attend games will be able to do so from October.

Streaming will be free for home games where season ticket holders are unable to attend, and a tenner for everyone else.

I know that we all like to blame the FA and others, but seems entirely reasonable to me!
I would like to think that you have got this information from a reliable source but, as I understand the way things are at the moment and my information is from the club itself, there is no set level of attendance nor is it guaranteed that a season ticket holder will get their regular seat. There is still a discussion to be had over how supporters will enter the ground and how access will be arranged for toilets, stairs etc. etc. Some may need to enter via the corners to the playing level.
1893 members, for example, are being informed that they will be seated in blocks 10 and 11 (either side of the directors box) but, not necessarily in the first three rows (designated 1893 seats) The bars will remain closed.

Streaming is being looked at on a match day pass basis but is not, as yet, set in stone.

It will be a little while yet until we know categorically how things will progress. If the current trend displayed by some areas of the UK are replicated in Oxfordshire it may be that no-one will get to see a game. Much depends on those inconsiderate numptys who believe they are invulnerable, or worse, don't believe in Covid-19 at all.

I would like to think that you have got this information from a reliable source but, as I understand the way things are at the moment and my information is from the club itself, there is no set level of attendance nor is it guaranteed that a season ticket holder will get their regular seat. There is still a discussion to be had over how supporters will enter the ground and how access will be arranged for toilets, stairs etc. etc. Some may need to enter via the corners to the playing level.
1893 members, for example, are being informed that they will be seated in blocks 10 and 11 (either side of the directors box) but, not necessarily in the first three rows (designated 1893 seats) The bars will remain closed.

Streaming is being looked at on a match day pass basis but is not, as yet, set in stone.

It will be a little while yet until we know categorically how things will progress. If the current trend displayed by some areas of the UK are replicated in Oxfordshire it may be that no-one will get to see a game. Much depends on those inconsiderate numptys who believe they are invulnerable, or worse, don't believe in Covid-19 at all.
No one will be guaranteed THEIR seat, but given the circumstances I'm sure most will just be happy to get in and watch games. If we are to start allowing fans in from the beginning of October, then there'll only be one home league game we'll miss.

I'd guess now that the fixtures are out, and there is a bit more guidance, the club will start putting together their plan on how to get fans in and out. But with fewer fans, and no away fans, I'd imagine there will be more flexibility needed on all sides. One way in, one way out, maybe pre-ordered refreshments etc. It might be different, and might not be everything that we'd want, but the most important thing is that the club gets this first stage right so that we can hopefully increase numbers sooner rather than later.

cant be arsed with going to the pub so going to footy????? nahhhhhhhh

As if season ticket holders are going to be able to sit in their own seats and allow for social distancing! ?

As if season ticket holders are going to be able to sit in their own seats and allow for social distancing! ?
They won't be able to sit in their own seats!!

Edit - probably walked into a big whoosh there!!!

Back
Top Bottom