End of iFollow

What amazed me with this was that there are people stupid enough to pay for pirated content! Obviously have never learned how to use Google ...

Me too!

Plenty of free rivers to fish in if required.

All the PL were concerned about was someone eating a tiny slice of their pie....

For those who worship SKY look what you got...............

No more live streaming video on iFollow from next season.
The audio commentary will remain, but Sky Sports will now have the rights to all EFL games (league, cup, trophy).
Supposedly each season until 2028/9 there will be:
"328 Sky Bet Championship matches, 248 Sky Bet League One matches, 248 Sky Bet League Two matches, All 15 Play-Off matches, All 93 Carabao Cup matches, All 127 EFL Trophy matches
Each League weekend fixture round will see 10 live EFL fixtures shown.
Five matches will be shown from the Sky Bet Championship and supporters of Sky Bet League One and League Two teams will now benefit from greater coverage than ever before with five of their games being broadcast live.
For the first time ever, fans will be also able to watch every match from the Carabao Cup and EFL Trophy."
It also comes with increased notice (eg, everything up to FA Cup 3rd round fixture date will be announced before season starts) but also the 'Article 48' that you can't live broadcast a game at 3pm on a Saturday stands too - so expect lots of games to move time/day.

Games gone.

The audio commentary will remain, but Sky Sports will now have the rights to all EFL games (league, cup, trophy).
"328 Sky Bet Championship matches, 248 Sky Bet League One matches, 248 Sky Bet League Two matches, All 15 Play-Off matches, All 93 Carabao Cup matches, All 127 EFL Trophy matches
Five matches will be shown from the Sky Bet Championship and supporters of Sky Bet League One and League Two teams will now benefit from greater coverage than ever before with five of their games being broadcast live.
For the first time ever, fans will be also able to watch every match from the Carabao Cup and EFL Trophy."
It also comes with increased notice (eg, everything up to FA Cup 3rd round fixture date will be announced before season starts) but also the 'Article 48' that you can't live broadcast a game at 3pm on a Saturday stands too - so expect lots of games to move time/day.

Games gone.
The way licensing works is bull anyway.

Give Sky first dibs on what L1 games they want to show, fine. But then allow iFollow to show the rest. It's of no detriment to Sky.

Games gone.
If we get to the championship we could be on a lot, it would appeal to club owners to get much more media coverage I suppose but I would certainly miss the 3pm Saturday game.

If all EFL opening day games are to be shown live this presumably means a non-3pm Saturday kick off to the season.

The technology is already there. Scrap the 3pm blackout and have all EFL games available to watch. Is there any proof that the blackout actually reduces attendances?

Haven't Tuesday night attendances at Oxford been higher than previous despite iFollow showing games, Champions League fixtures coinciding etc?

Games gone.
To be fair, all fixtures will still be available to watch (unless I have read incorrectly). A VPN will resolve that for you!

If my calculations are correct thats 45% of all league one games to be shown live. They presumably won't clash with the Premier League coverage so there could be some outrageous kick off times and days when games are played. Attendances will be hit . Its just pathetic 😒 🙄

If my calculations are correct thats 45% of all league one games to be shown live. They presumably won't clash with the Premier League coverage so there could be some outrageous kick off times and days when games are played. Attendances will be hit . Its just pathetic 😒 🙄
This is what I can never understand. Moving games to Friday or Monday nights is surely going to have a bigger effect on attendances than allowing games to be shown at 3?

A day or month pass can be purchased for people who don't have sky, no costs revealed yet!

To be clear I am not referring to myself at all, but spoke to a very dear friend who is absolutely fine with paying close to £200 for a iFollow season ticket abroad to watch every Oxford game (and would probably pay more).

They've said it's almost a certainty they'll be forced to find alternative means of watching games without that money coming back to the club and sure as hell not going to Sky.

Me personally, during Covid times I spent £10 on every single game that season that was available. What's the point in getting Sky for five games a season? Living in the bloody dark ages.

EDIT: Actually spotted in the fine print:

"Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services."

Nothing to see here, all is well for my dear friend.

Last edited:
To be clear I am not referring to myself at all, but spoke to a very dear friend who is absolutely fine with paying close to £200 for a iFollow season ticket abroad to watch every Oxford game (and would probably pay more).

They've said it's almost a certainty they'll be forced to find alternative means of watching games without that money coming back to the club and sure as hell not going to Sky.

Me personally, during Covid times I spent £10 on every single game that season that was available. What's the point in getting Sky for five games a season? Living in the bloody dark ages.

EDIT: Actually spotted in the fine print:

"Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services."

Nothing to see here, all is well for my dear friend.
I do wonder whether there'll be enough of an international market for many lower league clubs to continue with this. With sky now in the picture would expect more sophisticated policing of VPN access and without that grey market surely can't be enough international viewers to make this pay for smaller clubs

I'm no fan of Sky, but we've just released the accounts that showed us losing £6m last year alone.

The new TV deal was voted in unanimously by all EFL clubs and will see a significant increase in income for us in league one, but even greater if we get in to the Championship.

I'd rather every game was at 3pm on a Saturday or 7.45pm on a Tuesday, but we have the last Saturday afternoon game of the season tomorrow, and the first in over a month, and we're still a long way from selling out. So maybe we're better off maximising whatever TV revenue we can, and this deal is a million times better than anything we had with iFollow.

Will this affect certain apps available on, say, an Amazon Fire Stick for example?

Asking for a friend.

Will this affect certain apps available on, say, an Amazon Fire Stick for example?

Asking for a friend.
This is truly awful - I have been trying to find said apps for some time now so I can alert the authorities. So far I have been unable to locate them in fire stick.

If you do become aware of any good ones, I would be grateful if you could let me know. You know, so I can alert the authorities...

This is truly awful - I have been trying to find said apps for some time now so I can alert the authorities. So far I have been unable to locate them in fire stick.

If you do become aware of any good ones, I would be grateful if you could let me know. You know, so I can alert the authorities...

Nip down your local and find "Dodgy Dave".

Rumour has it they are cheap (about £40) although there is no warranty and the services available maybe closed at any time..... :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom