Does this thing iFollow work?

It seems like the weekly Preview Show has been scrapped this season. While it was a bit amateurish and rough around the edges I always quite enjoyed seeing Chris and Martin each week. There was something distinctly OUFC about it with those two old duffers at the helm. With most interview content now also appearing for free in some form on YouTube the standard ifollow subscription is giving us less this year than in the past - not a particularly good look
Since you have to pay for video streaming of games anyway and much of the other content is available either on the main site for free or on YT, the main benefit now is being able to listen to games if you are out of the RadOx FM area (which I am on the very border of, reception dependent on the weather!). Even the match highlights etc can be seen for free (you have to register, but not subscribe). At the moment, the only reason I keep my subscription is to listen when I can't go. But since I go to the home games and some away games and I then generally buy the video pass for away games I can't get to - so I am not really sure why I bother... it's just inertia, really. I will probably ditch the subscription and put the monthly fiver towards the cost of any video pass I need.

Since you have to pay for video streaming of games anyway and much of the other content is available either on the main site for free or on YT, the main benefit now is being able to listen to games if you are out of the RadOx FM area (which I am on the very border of, reception dependent on the weather!). Even the match highlights etc can be seen for free (you have to register, but not subscribe). At the moment, the only reason I keep my subscription is to listen when I can't go. But since I go to the home games and some away games and I then generally buy the video pass for away games I can't get to - so I am not really sure why I bother... it's just inertia, really. I will probably ditch the subscription and put the monthly fiver towards the cost of any video pass I need.
I miss the preview show and have had no success listening to I Follow at all away from the Radio Oxford broadcasting area. I have been in Gt Yarmouth until yesterday and could not get either Carlisle or the Derby matches "live" I intend to ditch it as I no longer see the benefit of paying out for something that doesn't work.

Not everyone pays for it ;)

The app is rubbish constantly loses connection and I have to restart. I found that listening on the Web browser is better.

For the last time...

TRY THIS

Normally matches come online about 2-4 minutes before kick-off.
Sadly, this didn't work last Saturday. Couldn't get anything working. Eventually used VPN and miraculously iFollow worked (in Spain!)

Back
Top Bottom