How will you vote on Thursday?

Who will you vote for in the EU elections?

• Conservative

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Party

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Lib Dem

Votes: 25 28.1%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 42 47.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And in spite of all of the evidence that a no deal Brexit would be a disaster (you can find your own references) you somehow believe that this would be a good move? Explain how please.....

Because I don't believe it would be a disaster.

Is that an opinion based upon informed and intelligent evidence, or a wild and fingers crossed punt?

I have a feeling im going to claim it's based on informed and intelligent evidence, then you'll say it's a wild and fingers crossed punt and ask me for that evidence. I'll say something about wanting a dynamic busines environment, using our inability to provide state aid to British Steel as an example of how we are stifled by EU rules. I'll also point to previous 'evidence' from remain experts which turned out to be completely wrong. You won't accept my opinion and will point to your own expert evidence which will also be, of course, entirely speculative.

Neither of us will end the conversation having changed our minds. No new facts will be learned. We are too far gone for all that now.

somebody (perhaps manorlounger or one of the other level headed people on the forum) will note how the exchange is a perfect example of why the country is making no progress with Brexit.

somebody will accuse me of voting for Tommy Robinson, and then another two posters will have a similar exchange to ours :LOL:

We are all just sick of the process by now. The sooner it's done the better.

More strawmen and lies. You used to be a big Tommy Robinson Fan then you discovered that backing a criminal who spent his time breaking the laws about contempt of court wasn't very popular. You've toned down the anti Muslim stuff recently too. Why's that I wonder?

However you're still pumping out untruths, just targetting a slightly different audience. Nothing in the EU rules prevents supporting of British Steel. The Conservatives may use this as an excuse.

Ha!

Noteworthy also that the Lab & Con reasoning is identical.
And, as scary as it is, this is the truth.
You could put up a three legged donkey as a candidate in some areas and they would get elected. Both parties have their "safe seats" where, come what may, their candidate will get elected.
This is what needs to change.
Euro elections are, by design, a vote for a party election. How many voted as a protest? And, how many would repeat that protest at a general election? Sadly, I believe most would revert to party of tradition/custom. Just as sadly, there will be the same choices come the next election.
If I thought for one moment Mr Farage could be trusted with running the country, he might have stood a chance. Not that I trust any of the others, right now.

We simply have to move to some sort of proportional representation, so that the mix of people representing us more reflects the people of the country. Otherwise you get lowest common denominator politics - which is exactly what we have now, unfortunately.

We simply have to move to some sort of proportional representation, so that the mix of people representing us more reflects the people of the country. Otherwise you get lowest common denominator politics - which is exactly what we have now, unfortunately.

The dream is non-whipped PR, then you don't hand power to the party that finishes 3rd.

OM was mildly amused (if you can be in this whole debacle) by the following analogy I spotted on line yesterday. Following the Meejahs spin on the results - i.e IF you add up the lib dems, greens, etc you get a remain majority, this was posted. Eurovote agenda bender spin explained for football fans:

"If we add up all the points from Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, etc Man City did not win the league . ."

Simples

?

Well apparently (in another thread) the club dealing with Kassam is exactly like May talking to the EU and we should just reject any deal offered by Firoka - presumably 'just leaving' isn't an option in that case though :ROFLMAO:

More strawmen and lies. You used to be a big Tommy Robinson Fan then you discovered that backing a criminal who spent his time breaking the laws about contempt of court wasn't very popular. You've toned down the anti Muslim stuff recently too. Why's that I wonder?

However you're still pumping out untruths, just targetting a slightly different audience. Nothing in the EU rules prevents supporting of British Steel. The Conservatives may use this as an excuse.

Ah yes, slightly earlier than your cue but well done.

My entire comment history can (I believe) be found on my profile. Please provide me with any proof that I have supported him at any time. Screenshot the comment(s) so we can all see it/them.

Please let me know if you complete your search without finding anything.

Your second point about EU state aid is (like much of what you say) incorrect. It is illegal for EU states to provide state aid in a way which distorts competition.

So.... second largest turnout for an EU election. ✅

Brexit party waltzed it. ✅

UKIP & TR consigned to their rightful place..... the bin. ?

Those wishing to support "Remain" quick to suggest that their vote was split, probably was equally maybe not. ?

The two "main" parties seem stuck in some kind of Parliamentary, London centric vacuum and unable or unwilling to hear either side of the debate and commit to a view (Remain/Leave).

And everyone wonders how a party with one message & no manifesto got 5.2 million votes from "thick,racist,middle class gammons"............. :unsure:

LibDem & Green Alliance vs Brexit party at the next GE? Labour/Conservatives fighting it out for 3rd place?

Stranger things have happened ....

My personal prediction is that the next GE will return a minority government relying on coalition agreement and possibly proportional representation.

We could be looking at decades of Italian style short term governments with general elections every few months.

Now, won't that be fun? ?

I have to agree with Pete with his analogy. It’s easy to pigeon hole party voters into boxes for and against. It’s not as simple as that. Even those who voted for brexit May have done so because they’re fed up with the other parties.
As for the Greens I believe they’re getting lots of votes because that’s one of their main concerns, the environment.
However, I do strongly believe that the resurgence in the LibDem vote is largely due to their anti brexit stance.
Clear as mud

I have to agree with Pete with his analogy. It’s easy to pigeon hole party voters into boxes for and against. It’s not as simple as that. Even those who voted for brexit May have done so because they’re fed up with the other parties.
As for the Greens I believe they’re getting lots of votes because that’s one of their main concerns, the environment.
However, I do strongly believe that the resurgence in the LibDem vote is largely due to their anti brexit stance.
Clear as mud
I know it's only two votes, but both myself and zth voted for the Green party (for the first time), mainly as they are pro remain, then secondly due to their other policies.

Apologies to zth if that is not correct in his case.

Back
Top Bottom