International News US Election YF Vote/Prediction

Who will win the US Election on Tuesday?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 29 53.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am.not sure that is true.
He is still President and is in charge
It needs to be blocked and I think the only way would be for the Vice President to relieve the president of his duties, although if Trump did try and use the nuclear codes there maybe enough resistance from within the whitehouse to prevent this.
Maybe they ought to evoke the 25th amendment.

It needs to be blocked and I think the only way would be for the Vice President to relieve the president of his duties, although if Trump did try and use the nuclear codes there maybe enough resistance from within the whitehouse to prevent this.

Pence won't do it so is a moot point at the moment.

There are actually a whole number of protocols that are gone through before a nuke will be fired.

I suspect he hasn’t got that stupid grin on his face anymore. Perhaps more of a grimace as ’Big Phil’ rides him and tells him to squeal like a pig.

I’m honestly not sure in the value of impeachment of Trump. It would pass through to have absolutely no impact on his tenure.

it would also empower him as the victim against the establishment and also be seen as a deliberate attempt to prevent democracy taking its course in four years time which would strengthen his sons arm as the likely successor to that “dynasty”.

I say let him snuffle out his last days in an ugly shadow rather than Sabre rattling and political point scoring using democratic processes and legal tools in a slightly disingenuous way.

I’m honestly not sure in the value of impeachment of Trump. It would pass through to have absolutely no impact on his tenure.

it would also empower him as the victim against the establishment and also be seen as a deliberate attempt to prevent democracy taking its course in four years time which would strengthen his sons arm as the likely successor to that “dynasty”.

I say let him snuffle out his last days in an ugly shadow rather than Sabre rattling and political point scoring using democratic processes and legal tools in a slightly disingenuous way.
I think if they impeach him he loses his $200,000 per year pension, his security detail, $1m per year travel allowance and can't run for public office again. Probably many other privileges too.

Sounds worthwhile to me!

I think if they impeach him he loses his $200,000 per year pension, his security detail, $1m per year travel allowance and can't run for public office again. Probably many other privileges too.

Sounds worthwhile to me!

on what grounds and principal though ?

that just sounds like revenge politics not smart politics and wouldn’t impact a multi millionaire like him anyway.

on what grounds and principal though ?

that just sounds like revenge politics not smart politics and wouldn’t impact a multi millionaire like him anyway.

I think we will soon see that his bank balance isn't quite as healthy as he likes to think. He has desperately creamed millions from public funding during his time in office and yet he still has huge debts that will need to be satisfied very soon.

Trump is backed into a corner and is reacting out of fear. Fear that he could lose everything in the next few years and I think the Trump empire will crumble in the next few years both politically and financially.

Sounds worthwhile to me!
Also it would be extremely amusing

This explains a lot...
a152bec0bbaebde3a59e74317e8b9349.jpg

Inciting & instigating civil disorder could be grounds?

it’s an interesting point. He knew what he was doing. He knows how to manage his audience and rouse them. It was irresponsible and bad politics. But if you’re a lawyer what did he say in his address that you’re pinning on him?

He’s pretty snide and wiley but I think it’s hard to say he did anything illegal. And if he did then you’ve just bucketed a whole load of politicians in the summer for the same thing if you’re trying to be consistent.

The left needs to get smarter at working out where his fuel snd support comes from. If they go for the impeachment I fear they’re landing in the same old traps. They’ve tried this already remember and he ended up looking even more Teflon and impermeable

it’s an interesting point. He knew what he was doing. He knows how to manage his audience and rouse them. It was irresponsible and bad politics. But if you’re a lawyer what did he say in his address that you’re pinning on him?

He’s pretty snide and wiley but I think it’s hard to say he did anything illegal. And if he did then you’ve just bucketed a whole load of politicians in the summer for the same thing if you’re trying to be consistent.

The left needs to get smarter at working out where his fuel snd support comes from. If they go for the impeachment I fear they’re landing in the same old traps. They’ve tried this already remember and he ended up looking even more Teflon and impermeable
with his wealth, he can afford a wardrobe full of teflon suits

The left needs to get smarter full stop, they are too nice while the right is cynical and ruthless. Remember, the right are Wycombe, the left are Oxford, with their lovely pure football.

From what I’ve read and heard, invoking 25th would not be sensible. It was designed for incapacitated presidents, not despotic ones. Misusing laws to remove elected officials isn’t a good precedent to set ...

And he is gone in under 2 weeks.

Just let it be rather than risk another upsurge in protests and violence.

He is acting like a spoilt little child and does not even have the decency to attend the inauguration (surprise, surprise).

The guy is an utter moron who cannot accept failure. He can’t even accept that he lost an election even though he was more than happy to accept victory using the same process 4 years earlier.

Hopefully he will spend the remaining years of his repugnant existence fighting no end of legal prosecutions bought against him.

Sounds worthwhile to me!

Didn’t realise this... in which case I take it back, impeach the fucker.

Didn’t realise this... in which case I take it back, impeach the fucker.

If comments I've read are true it also means the nuclear codes are taken away which is good to be safe/sure he can't do anything. The other bonus would be he can't pardon himself which would I expect leave a lingering worry for him.

Sounds worthwhile to me!

It's a gross thing to say given the size of those figures, but actually I don't think those sorts of numbers make a whole lot of difference to Trump.

His companies' financial difficulties are in a whole other order of magnitude. And he could probably make that amount in a week from speaking gigs and fundraisers. Trump has donated his $400k salary every year he's been in office.
(and that wasn't for the tax breaks - his companies lose so much money that he likely never pays tax anyway!)

I still think that impeachment is a waste of Democrats' time that would be better spent on furthering their agenda for running the country in this narrow window where they control the executive and the legislature - and won't achieve anything significant other than to maybe land a couple more blows on someone who's already on his knees......and in doing so make a bunch of very angry people even more irate.

Want to really P**s off Trump and his base? Pass some legislation that tackles the environment, gun control or further improves and cements Obamacare!

Back
Top Bottom