International News US Election YF Vote/Prediction

Who will win the US Election on Tuesday?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 29 53.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If comments I've read are true it also means the nuclear codes are taken away which is good to be safe/sure he can't do anything. The other bonus would be he can't pardon himself which would I expect leave a lingering worry for him.
Still think it is more likely the legal cases will proliferate once he is no longer President. He must already feel the vultures swarming around.

It's a gross thing to say given the size of those figures, but actually I don't think those sorts of numbers make a whole lot of difference to Trump.

His companies' financial difficulties are in a whole other order of magnitude. And he could probably make that amount in a week from speaking gigs and fundraisers. Trump has donated his $400k salary every year he's been in office.
(and that wasn't for the tax breaks - his companies lose so much money that he likely never pays tax anyway!)

I still think that impeachment is a waste of Democrats' time that would be better spent on furthering their agenda for running the country in this narrow window where they control the executive and the legislature - and won't achieve anything significant other than to maybe land a couple more blows on someone who's already on his knees......and in doing so make a bunch of very angry people even more irate.

Want to really P**s off Trump and his base? Pass some legislation that tackles the environment, gun control or further improves and cements Obamacare!
To Tony’s point there’s already enough division too. I don’t see how an impeachment would fulfill Biden’s promise for less conflicting politics and bringing America together

To Tony’s point there’s already enough division too. I don’t see how an impeachment would fulfill Biden’s promise for less conflicting politics and bringing America together

I genuinely laughed when some Republicans have accused the Democrats of trying to politicise the situation.

it’s an interesting point. He knew what he was doing. He knows how to manage his audience and rouse them. It was irresponsible and bad politics. But if you’re a lawyer what did he say in his address that you’re pinning on him?

He’s pretty snide and wiley but I think it’s hard to say he did anything illegal. And if he did then you’ve just bucketed a whole load of politicians in the summer for the same thing if you’re trying to be consistent.
I think (not totally sure) the point is that it's a political trial, not a criminal or even really legal one. It's a different standard. Sure, he didn't literally say the words 'go and kill Mike Pence and any other senators you can get your hands on, I support you', but what he did say is clearly bad enough for any sane senator to consider incitement.

Also, there's the political capital of forcing Republican senators to either vote for or against impeachment - which is lose lose - and the precedent that acts of this kind will not be tolerated - which, while just semantic, is surely an important statement to make.

And also - it was this time last week that a tape was released of the president spending an hour attempting to threaten and coerce a secretary of state to overturn legitimate election results in his favour. It's all been more or less forgotten about, but that in itself is utterly outrageous and certainly impeachable.

I think (not totally sure) the point is that it's a political trial, not a criminal or even really legal one. It's a different standard. Sure, he didn't literally say the words 'go and kill Mike Pence and any other senators you can get your hands on, I support you', but what he did say is clearly bad enough for any sane senator to consider incitement.

Also, there's the political capital of forcing Republican senators to either vote for or against impeachment - which is lose lose - and the precedent that acts of this kind will not be tolerated - which, while just semantic, is surely an important statement to make.

And also - it was this time last week that a tape was released of the president spending an hour attempting to threaten and coerce a secretary of state to overturn legitimate election results in his favour. It's all been more or less forgotten about, but that in itself is utterly outrageous and certainly impeachable.

i think the last point would be a better angle. When I analyzed the speech it only became a problem in the context of what happened after. Before that he was deliberately vague and careful. Not enough to get him I don’t think

Love Arnie pulling out Conans sword. I snorted. A great guy and I’m remorseful that I judged Americans when they elected him state governor

Now he (Arnie) would make a good President.

Alas, only natural-born citizens can become President under the constitution (so I'm having to put my own Presidential ambitions aside as well.....)

You could change that, but only through a constitutional amendment - meaning it needs a 2/3 majority vote in the Senate and the House and ratification by at least 3/4 of all states. It's a pretty high bar!

Alas, only natural-born citizens can become President under the constitution (so I'm having to put my own Presidential ambitions aside as well.....)

You could change that, but only through a constitutional amendment - meaning it needs a 2/3 majority vote in the Senate and the House and ratification by at least 3/4 of all states. It's a pretty high bar!
It’s rather bizarre that you can be a citizen with unequal rights based on birth. For example my daughters mother has a US mother and so was an American citizen at birth and yet because she was born in London will not stand equally. Despite living most of her life in the US.

hardly equality ..?

Not so clear what Trump would lose under impeachment. Would need to be found guilty by Senate and then it is still ambiguous in some cases. To stop him running in 2024, there would have to be another vote but with a simple majority vote to succeed, albeit if he was actually impeached/guilty then I doubt this would be a problem.

Not so clear what Trump would lose under impeachment. Would need to be found guilty by Senate and then it is still ambiguous in some cases. To stop him running in 2024, there would have to be another vote but with a simple majority vote to succeed, albeit if he was actually impeached/guilty then I doubt this would be a problem.
But also would Trump not have to be reselected to run for the presidency by the Republican Party.

Last edited:

I don’t think he’s running in 2024 ...

But also would Trump not have to be reselected to run for the presidency by the Republican Party.

Yes but Trump, if not barred, could run in the Primaries. Depends if the base are still with him or sufficient have turned against him should he decide to run.

Yes but Trump, if not barred, could run in the Primaries. Depends if the base are still with him or sufficient have turned against him should he decide to run.
You would think with his petulant behaviour that the Republican Party wouldn’t vote him in again.

Back
Top Bottom