Do you want a Fans’ Forum?

• Yes, ASAP

Votes: 63 38.0%
  • Yes, but after the season finishes

Votes: 91 54.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 7.2%

• Total voters
Hope they don’t miss the chance to market to a big crowd on Sunday and get some momentum going for next year

With Reading looking likely to come down, the Thames Valley derby will be back for the first time since 2001. This should shift a few more season tickets to guarantee a chance for a ticket for the away game.

Season ticket prices are a lot easier to gauge if you know you aren’t being relegated.
Relegated and it becomes very hard to put prices up.
Same division and inflation is acceptable to me.
Promotion and it’s harder.

Do you look at what other clubs charge ?
And for what we are as a probably L1 club on average, should we be accustomed to our annual contribution and assume it will stay roughly the same +inflation if we are on occasions in Championship / L2?

Agree re inflation based increase.

I think there would be considerable backlash to this given the season we've had though.

Right.

What news of the Fans' Forum that was promised before the end of the season?

Surely with all the good news (um, survival, Golding....) Tim and Grant feel brave enough to meet the supporters face to face?

It'll be a disgrace if they don't even give us a date for it - specially if the ground is sold out for the Accrington match.

@Colin B were you able to ask any of the directors at the game Sunday about a Fans Forum? If not, did you hear anything about one being done.

What’s your thoughts re; no communications about this, especially as the likes of Grant, Tiger, etc being here for a while, but no mention of it.

Just asking you as I know you normally have your finger on the pulse!

@Colin B were you able to ask any of the directors at the game Sunday about a Fans Forum? If not, did you hear anything about one being done.

What’s your thoughts re; no communications about this, especially as the likes of Grant, Tiger, etc being here for a while, but no mention of it.

Just asking you as I know you normally have your finger on the pulse!
Sorry mate, but no I didn't ask them about the Fans Forum, it never came up in conversation and I didn't think of it specifically.

I did speak to Tiger and Grant, as well as Tim and a brief hello to Horst, but it was a very busy boardroom on Sunday, and the KO time didn't help. Without giving too much away, Grant mentioned some very positive things coming up for the summer and also the stadium plans.

they are aware that 'we' know they didn't deliver the promised Fans Forum- it was raised at the recent AGM

also at the AGM, the possibility of an open day pre season at the training ground was raised with the top table too

Sorry mate, but no I didn't ask them about the Fans Forum, it never came up in conversation and I didn't think of it specifically.

I did speak to Tiger and Grant, as well as Tim and a brief hello to Horst, but it was a very busy boardroom on Sunday, and the KO time didn't help. Without giving too much away, Grant mentioned some very positive things coming up for the summer and also the stadium plans.
We are fortunate to have you on here Colin.

Bakrie came over a week or so after this poll was made, which I was asked to not mention, and didn’t want to engage with fans even in the form of an iFollow piece. Ferguson was here for an entire fortnight recently and hid himself away, including the club not wanting photos published showing him at the end of season awards. Most of the board was here for Accrington before disappearing without a word.

The OUSP head went on BBC Radio Oxford a few weeks ago and spoke of their frustration of assurances from the club being broken that a forum would be held. OxVox also claim to have offered to hold a forum for the club to attend if they weren’t going to arrange their own. Nothing. Unless you count Ferguson’s little puff piece on the radio, where he basically shrugged and called everybody a hindsight merchant before swanning off.

You learn the most about people when things aren’t going well, rather than the other way around. The lack of accountability and leadership shown by the CEO and Chairman this season has been atrocious. They have shown that they have no respect for the fans - sorry, Tim, “customers” - and can’t even be bothered to turn up and yawn their way through something that they themselves assured the club’s own panel would take place. They were the ones who said it would happen, nobody else.

I dare say that they won’t show their faces until they’ve got good news to hide behind. Happy for everybody to keep buying their season tickets and plugging away on the stadium in the meantime, mind.

Welcome to the ways of a Top 30 club. Sit down and shut up.

Bakrie came over a week or so after this poll was made, which I was asked to not mention, and didn’t want to engage with fans even in the form of an iFollow piece. Ferguson was here for an entire fortnight recently and hid himself away, including the club not wanting photos published showing him at the end of season awards. Most of the board was here for Accrington before disappearing without a word.

The OUSP head went on BBC Radio Oxford a few weeks ago and spoke of their frustration of assurances from the club being broken that a forum would be held. OxVox also claim to have offered to hold a forum for the club to attend if they weren’t going to arrange their own. Nothing. Unless you count Ferguson’s little puff piece on the radio, where he basically shrugged and called everybody a hindsight merchant before swanning off.

You learn the most about people when things aren’t going well, rather than the other way around. The lack of accountability and leadership shown by the CEO and Chairman this season has been atrocious. They have shown that they have no respect for the fans - sorry, Tim, “customers” - and can’t even be bothered to turn up and yawn their way through something that they themselves assured the club’s own panel would take place. They were the ones who said it would happen, nobody else.

I dare say that they won’t show their faces until they’ve got good news to hide behind. Happy for everybody to keep buying their season tickets and plugging away on the stadium in the meantime, mind.

I emailed TW outlining the fan’s’ discontent.

There has been, unsurprisingly, no response.

Very concerning, especially if you add to this the recruitment situation e.g. previous incumbents and Manning who’s relatively inexperienced in this area too.

Shame we haven’t had an ‘open & honest’ lessons learnt Fans Forum which would have benefited all.

Just embarrassing really, at this point. Can't say I've been convinced by Tim or Grant at any stage and nothing I've seen or heard of them since has changed my view. They seem quite happy to ride the crest of a wave and as soon as it collapses, they disappear under a rock until the next one comes along. Except they're now far fewer and far between.

It almost reads to me like they're in a huff because we forced them to roll out of bed for a day and dismiss Karl Robinson. The radio silence since then suggests they really aren't thanking us for that one and there'll be snow in August before they admit they got anything wrong.

Not a leader to be seen anywhere at this club right now, at least not one that is fan-facing. All on the manager again, just like it was 12 months ago. Oh, how we've learned.

I emailed TW outlining the fan’s’ discontent.

There has been, unsurprisingly, no response.
Has he not invited you to the training ground to see how much work he does 24/7/365?

Also thought he’d share with you his full report into the running of the club re; lessons learnt (not) etc! Odd!

Back
Top Bottom