Away Match Day Thread 9/08/2023 Carabao R1: Bristol City v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At the moment we seem to have a defense that can't defend, a midfield that cant create, and forwards that cant score. Not a good omen for the future.

I suppose we did actually score a goal.

I said on Saturday my dog has more fight playing with her toys than this lot playing in yellow and I will say it again tonight there is no fight in this team
This is the issue and I think it all starts in midfield. We have plenty of good footballers in the middle of the park but lack a protector and somebody willing to do the dirty side of the game.

We've got a few excellent midfield players, none of which are battlers who can win us the midfield battle. Teams just bypass our midfield so easily and then we're relying on our 4 defenders to do all of the defending, as well as expecting the full backs to get forward and provide width it's so unbalanced.

This is a wind up surely; change the manager after three games? F***’s sake.
I think you will find he was also the manager at the end of the previous season so it’s it is a few more than three! Nevertheless, I am generally of the opinion that October should be the earliest time to consider such things. This said, after Robinson last season I can’t help feel that some times the writing is on the wall. It is not there yet in this case, quite, but Manning’s tactical approach (or lack of) last Saturday was shockingly Robinson like. He played the wrong system (with the wrong players) and then refused to change it. I’m already far from convinced he is the saviour, so poor was his thinking Saturday and I’m subsequently nervous of leaving it too long if he doesn’t get a grip quickly. Let’s not forget his record last season with MK was again, Robinson like!

Back
Top Bottom