Away Match Day Thread 31/10/2023 L1: Lincoln City v OUFC

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Underwhelmed by the back 3 and with Long as one of those 3.

Not sure that Goodrham is necessarily doing enough from the bench in recent weeks to warrant a start and Harris simply needs some competition up front.

Good to see Brannagan back in the Xl.

Would now take a point.

Perkins is a man of myth-tery isnt he?

Have to say, it is really odd that he was apparently good enough to come off the bench for promotion-chasing Championship Leeds on the season's opening day.....but he's not been deemed good enough to even sit on our bench for about two months now. Despite the fact that striker is by far our weakest position in the current squad.

To be fair, he did play against MK Dons in the Pizza Trophy and did absolutely nothing of note. I assume will see him again against Chelsea's kids next week......

Back three with wing backs again.

Looks like that’s fast becoming the preferred formation 👀
Unfortunately it is. We won so many matches with a 4 at the back, it does make you wonder why. I am not sure we really have the personnel for 3 at the back - Long especially looks horribly exposed and doesn't get enough help from Stevens.

Bit of an odd choice, the five at the back hasn’t been working and I don’t think Tyler has done enough recently to get a start. But what do I know

Have to say, it is really odd that he was apparently good enough to come off the bench for promotion-chasing Championship Leeds on the season's opening day.....but he's not been deemed good enough to even sit on our bench for about two months now. Despite the fact that striker is by far our weakest position in the current squad.

To be fair, he did play against MK Dons in the Pizza Trophy and did absolutely nothing of note. I assume will see him again against Chelsea's kids next week......
Maybe even in the FA Cup as well.

What’s happened to Max Woltman these days? Hasn’t featured at all apart from a few minutes in a cup competition

The Harris criticism is strange to me.

The guy is not being served up lots of chances (our xg is low) , doesn’t take our penalties like many 20 goal a season strikers, and missed a few games.

He is excellent at creating the high press which enables our midfield to take advantage of stressed second balls which invariably supports our regain of possession

He also drags the opposition defense deeper with his pace and diagonal runs allowing bodin cambran rodri Stan and Tyler to exploit additional space.

I don’t look at his shooting and think it’s a disaster. There are better finishers but he makes the right runs. Keep the faith folks

That back line is a surprise. Negru in a back four was what I'd hoped for tonight - that's how we've won so many games this season.

At least Long won't be expected to get forward too much from there. His passing and ability to get past people has been poor in recent games, especially while we're being pressed.

He’s taking a while to adapt to L1 too, I guess. I think he will do well. I agree that We need a clinical striker if we are to move up a league

What’s happened to Max Woltman these days? Hasn’t featured at all apart from a few minutes in a cup competition
Was only ever brought in as a development player I think. One for the future. Imagine we’ll only see him in the off pizza game and off the bench towards the end of the year. Didn’t look quite ready in the MK game to be fair.

Anyone they couldn’t do worse surely
Who? Gatllain certainly doesn't run or press as much as Harris does. Harris, is struggling due to poor service and confidence I'd say. We do need a proper out and out striker in January but I'm not sure we've got any other option other than Harris at the moment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom