Home Match Day Thread 29/7/2023 PS Friendly: OUFC v Queens Park Rangers

West Oxon U’s

QPR team that defeated Reading 2-0 ( Kelman & sub Taylor Richards) in a Friendly at Reading’s training ground on Tuesday.

Asmir Begovic
Osman Kakay
Trent Rendall
Jimmy Dunne
Ziyad Larkeche
Albert Adomah
Stephen Duke-McKenna
Dominic Gape (trialist)
Lyndon Dykes
Ilias Chair
Charlie Kelman

(No Chris Willock, Sam Field, Paul Smyth, Jake Clarke-Salter or Andre Dozzell)

Last edited:
Gotta laugh at this forum:
Swansea - "no creativity, will end up mid table"
Eastleigh - "no goal threat, bottom half at best again"
Bristol City - "no back up players - mid table if first eleven stay fit"
QPR - "Gonna win the league"
🤣🤣
I'll have you know that I was saying we were going to win the league after the Swansea win.

Great performance all round with some great fluid football played.
QPR .? Were that poor they would have struggled against North Leigh.
Was expecting to see a typical Ainsworth way from them.
What players that have been signed have already made a massive difference which must give us all confidence for the coming season.
will be interesting to see how we get on against the big boot boys like the Gas for instance

One thing I will say is that I’m glad we have manning in charge after that performance.
I feel he is a better manager to keep the player’s feet on the ground. It would be very easy to get carried away after that win and go into Cambridge complacent, which I feel we might have done under Robinson, but I think Manning will make sure the players know that it was a 1 off game and it doesn’t mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

I also like that whether we win or lose, Manning will give the players the same amount of time win or lose after a game and deal with any issues on a Monday. It gives everyone time to calm down/reflect on the game. I’ve been in changing rooms/management offices where emotions are running high and things get said which the manager doesn’t mean but to the player it will stay with them and it can have a massive affect long term on that player.
I’ve seen 2 players that come to mind, where it has damaged so much where they haven’t played above league 2 since (at the time they were consistent league 1 players) but the manager couldn’t get them back on side.

Back
Top Bottom