Away Match Day Thread 29/03/24 - L1: Shrewsbury v OUFC

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Please can you clarify if youโ€™re talking about the winger the manager signed from a promotion rival, and who has quickly become a fansโ€™ favourite, and a regular 7-8/10 performer every week, or the winger that two previous managers have tried and failed to get the best out of, but who has been the biggest threat in the side consistently over the last two months, reaching heights he hasnโ€™t even previously hinted at, under this manager?

Cheers.
Yeah that one, whatโ€™s your point?

He had us second in the table which he would have built on in the January window with signings like Mehmeti and probably would have held on to Beadle. He coached the players so they had a clear vision of their roles. The majority of games under Des i've watched ,the players aren't sure what the game plan is.
But he f***ed off so your point is irrelevant mate!

Yep, your last response to me made me realise how unwelcome these opinions are which is why i stayed mostly quiet this week and during the match which I got called out for anyway. So I canโ€™t really win.

But Iโ€™m not here for the popularity contest and wasnโ€™t planning to contribute to the post match but got sucked in. Iโ€™ll leave it there as I can see that another poor performance/result still isnโ€™t fair cause to discuss.
I don't want you to feel you can't post! But it's depressing to read the same stuff again and again.

Wouldn't say we need a bigger budget we just need to spend it more wisely. Spending ยฃ400k on Goodwin and paying compensation for Buckingham is not spending it wisely.
As Iโ€™ve said before, you have to ask what Timโ€™s KPIs are.

Should we have won that? Yes.
Did we have the chances to win that? Yes.
Did we take them? No.
Was it the result we wanted? No.
Is it disappointing? Yes.
Has it killed the season? No.
Can we still get in the play-offs? Yes.
Could we still go up? Yes.
Are we likely to go up? No.
Do we deserve to go up? No.
Des out? No.
Unlucky, you failed on the last question. Pick anything from the bottom shelf,

You seem to focus on our best players, Iโ€™d say that Murphy, Dale and Bennett all were good enough today and over the last few weeks.

Cumming, Long and Rodrigues were all much worse than those three today.
Long had a bloody shocker today, he was either wrong side of his man or just stood off to let them cross including the goal.

We've played 17 games against teams 15th or higher in the table under Des and only won one of them against Wigan. His 5 wins have come against teams 19th or lower in the table.

Weโ€™re yet to win a League One game under him where we went in to it as the bookies underdog. The 7 wins we were favourites for.

We've played 17 games against teams 15th or higher in the table under Des and only won one of them against Wigan. His 5 wins have come against teams 19th or lower in the table.
Says it all unfortunately. Hs turned us in to a s**t lower mid table team

We played pretty well today and should've won but the result simply isn't good enough. Whilst Des doesn't deserve blame today, it's results previous that make this a very infuriating day especially as we failed to capitalise on several results in our favour and then seeing us fall out of the playoff places. Our luck that we have been riding for months will soon run out and although we're not the only ones faltering, teams like Peterborough and Barnsley have a decent enough cushion and Lincoln look the only credible threat. Ultimately we need to win the next two and then not lose against either Stevenage or Lincoln. 4 wins may be required if Lincoln maintain this form and we really don't look capable of that whatsoever.

I'm pretty sure Buckingham isn't going to make it long term, I'm afraid. But at least today, we saw how he wants to play. As we also played at Port Vale. I know I'm in the minority, but I didn't think today was that bad. We attacked often, and with pace. On any other day, we win that by 4 or 5. The season absolutely isn't over.
It is over because we are in a 4 team race for the last play off place. There is a certain team that have stormed into 6th place and we won't keep up with them.

I don't want you to feel you can't post! But it's depressing to read the same stuff again and again.
I donโ€™t even disagree with you and feel exactly the same when I read people with the opposing opinion go around like a marching band stampeding anybody critical. I freely admit I find it very hard to sit there and not oppose that and my personal opinion is the forum would be a much more tedious place if all it was is people telling us thereโ€™s absolutely nothing to worry about. Call it self policing. But I can relate to how you might feel about my contributions if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom