Away Match Day Thread 27/04/2024: L1 - Exeter City v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I respected what Manning achieved in regard to results whilst he was here and have acknowledged that numerous times.

However I do not respect the way he left the club, the way he treated several players and staff during his time with us, or the fact that he has never spoken of the club since he left.

He's moved on, I've moved on, and it's probably best that others move on too.

Same applies to certain other managers.

Itโ€™s ridiculous to not give Manning any credit for reaching the play offs. He pressed the reset button here and restored a bit of credibility to the club after the car crash last knockings of Robinsons reign. This seasons ultimate success, culminating in yesterday, is in no small part to the fast start we made. Des has finished the job off spectacularly too and perhaps we wonโ€™t dwell on the middle bit! Those two wins in a week at Derby and Barnsley are quite possibly the two best back to back league results weโ€™ve had in a number of seasons - I canโ€™t recall two as good. As for Manning leaving, yes it wasnโ€™t the most well managed departure but everything seemed to move at real pace once Bristol City had decided on him. Alls well that ends well and there feels like a real momentum building that Des is for the long term and more importantly is the right man.

Well there is another thread ruined descending into the Robinson/Manning/Buckingham discussion yet again.

Because for some reason someone felt making a comment like this to start things off:

โ€œ
And while we're on it, let's give praise to Karl Robinson for spotting the potential in Josh Murphy and bringing him to the club. Also for bringing in Elliott Moore who, despite being quiet, has developed into a real leader who gives so much confidence when he plays. And finally Cam. I don't think any other manager than Robinson would have fought so hard to keep him, and I doubt that Cam would have stayed for anyone else.

You'd think that now these players have all been fundamental towards us getting into the playoffs that some might let it go and give Robinson his dueโ€

Which is complete utter B*****s.

Well there is another thread ruined descending into the Robinson/Manning/Buckingham discussion yet again.
Itโ€™s largely a positive one though - itโ€™s people looking to give out thanks and pats on the back. Far better that than the blame game which weโ€™ve done many rounds of. Bar the play offs itโ€™s the major discussion point of the season, the biggest headline. Should we stay in league one I doubt weโ€™ll hear Manningโ€™s name much further but if we go up itโ€™s not unhealthy to recognise his contribution to what would be a major, major achievement for a club he hauled out of the gutter this time last year. Thatโ€™s all - Iโ€™m not calling for a statue, little more than a โ€˜cheers Liam, itโ€™s worked out for us all in the end, see you next seasonโ€™ will do me.

Absolutely buzzing after Saturdays results, we seem to have some momentum, weโ€™ve got a good a chance as anyone, COYYโ€™S

Surprised by what happened Saturday. For none of Lincoln, Blackpool or Barnsley to win... the gods must have been looking down on us! We did the job we needed to do and got over the line.

Getting Posh instead of Bolton is probably a good thing. We know we can beat them.

Am I getting too greedy that I'm annoyed the game is at 7.45 though? I almost couldn't think of a worse kick off time in football... ๐Ÿซฃ

Surprised by what happened Saturday. For none of Lincoln, Blackpool or Barnsley to win... the gods must have been looking down on us! We did the job we needed to do and got over the line.

Getting Posh instead of Bolton is probably a good thing. We know we can beat them.

Am I getting too greedy that I'm annoyed the game is at 7.45 though? I almost couldn't think of a worse kick off time in football... ๐Ÿซฃ

Lincoln were playing a Portsmouth team who had barely lost this season, hardly a shock that the team who won the league fairly comfortably beat the team who came 7th, Barnsley were/are in terrible form, it would be a lot bigger shock if they made Wembley than them dropping points on Saturday. Probably Blackpool going 1-0 up and throwing away a play off spot at Reading is the one were you think the other win should have come from.

Lincoln were playing a Portsmouth team who had barely lost this season, hardly a shock that the team who won the league fairly comfortably beat the team who came 7th, Barnsley were/are in terrible form, it would be a lot bigger shock if they made Wembley than them dropping points on Saturday. Probably Blackpool going 1-0 up and throwing away a play off spot at Reading is the one were you think the other win should have come from.
Lincoln was always one where they were probably more likely to lose or draw than win. The one that surprised me was Barnsley. Not in great form but at home to Northampton for who it was a complete nothing game. I was always expecting 6th so to get 5th was a surprise, for me anyway!

Getting Posh is probably better than getting Bolton but the kick off time is awful.

Lincoln was always one where they were probably more likely to lose or draw than win. The one that surprised me was Barnsley. Not in great form but at home to Northampton for who it was a complete nothing game. I was always expecting 6th so to get 5th was a surprise, for me anyway!

Getting Posh is probably better than getting Bolton but the kick off time is awful.

Barnsley have fallen apart, sacked the manager, only taken 10 points from the last 12 with the only two wins coming against teams in the bottom 5, hard to remember a team going into the play offs in such bad form, Blackpool really threw away a good chance of a play off spot. I am pretty certain if we do get through we won't be playing Barnsley at Wembley.

Barnsley have fallen apart, sacked the manager, only taken 10 points from the last 12 with the only two wins coming against teams in the bottom 5, hard to remember a team going into the play offs in such bad form, Blackpool really threw away a good chance of a play off spot. I am pretty certain if we do get through we won't be playing Barnsley at Wembley.
Football can throw up some very strange results, but yes, Bolton seem huge favourites to best Barnsley.
If we do get through it would be good if Barnsley some how fluked their way through!

Back
Top Bottom