Away Match Build Up 29/03/24 - L1: Shrewsbury v OUFC

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not one for hyperbole but I do think tomorrow is a must win. Given it seems generally acknowledged we need at least four more wins, this is absolutely one of the fixtures we should be looking at to pick up 3 points. We can’t be going into games against Posh, Stevenage and this resurgent Lincoln needing wins, as the pressure on them (with the pressure meaning we’d have dropped points in easier fixtures) would make them even tougher than they already are.

Not liking this chat that MM could be out for the season (for one reason or another). Playing BB and RR in a midfield three might work against the likes of Vale but it’s not a sustainable option going forward (like in the lockdown season when we had Henry and Lee in at CM to finish the season). What’s happened to Smyth? Liked the look of him when he got a run of games.

The home fan’s thoughts of the game. They have 5 or 6 out by the sound of it and it is mixed bag when it comes to their predictions.
Sounds like a fan base who will be just happy to stay up and enjoy their summer!
Promising for us. The comments about fitness are welcome, given the game changing options we now have off the bench.

Not one for hyperbole but I do think tomorrow is a must win. Given it seems generally acknowledged we need at least four more wins, this is absolutely one of the fixtures we should be looking at to pick up 3 points. We can’t be going into games against Posh, Stevenage and this resurgent Lincoln needing wins, as the pressure on them (with the pressure meaning we’d have dropped points in easier fixtures) would make them even tougher than they already are.

Not liking this chat that MM could be out for the season (for one reason or another). Playing BB and RR in a midfield three might work against the likes of Vale but it’s not a sustainable option going forward (like in the lockdown season when we had Henry and Lee in at CM to finish the season). What’s happened to Smyth? Liked the look of him when he got a run of games.
I actually think one of our 4 wins will be against Stevenage.
My biggest worry is having to go to Exeter on the last day of the season needing a win!

At this moment in time then Bennett fits in with Des’s style better than Leigh.
That doesn’t mean he will be off in the summer though as there might still be a place for him in the side.

And yes he would have fitted very well into a Robinson side.

Fitted really well in to a Manning side as well. All City group coaches obviously aren’t the same. Mannings style was nowhere near that of Robinsons.

Fitted really well in to a Manning side as well. All City group coaches obviously aren’t the same. Mannings style was nowhere near that of Robinsons.
I’m not sure what your point is? Obviously not all City group coaches are the same and have their own way of wanting to play the game.
We get it, you don’t like Des and you think Greg Leigh is the saviour but as someone else said, Leigh isn’t unplayable.

Back
Top Bottom