Home Match Day Thread +++ 29/01/2019 OUFC v Barnsley Match Day Thread +++

With all this talk of red cards, am I right in thinking that Dickie was very lucky to survive the whole game?

He (rightly) got booked very early on for bringing down a player who had turned him and beaten him for pace. I also thought that he hauled someone down as they were breaking which led to a free-kick about 35 yards on the left as we entered stoppage time.

Fairly certain it was him and it looked a nailed on second booking to me.

Dickie pulled their guy back in the first 5 mins and should have been booked but wasn’t! Ref should have stamped his authority on the game early and maybe it wouldn’t have ended with so many fouls/yellow cards?

With all this talk of red cards, am I right in thinking that Dickie was very lucky to survive the whole game?

He (rightly) got booked very early on for bringing down a player who had turned him and beaten him for pace. I also thought that he hauled someone down as they were breaking which led to a free-kick about 35 yards on the left as we entered stoppage time.

Fairly certain it was him and it looked a nailed on second booking to me.

If by going with what some of our fans thought re; foul on Whyte e.g. not making an attempt to go for the ball, then Dickie should have been sent off with a straight red too, but that could alone should have had a yellow!!

• React
Reactions: MJB
I was reluctant to post as last time i did we were well up against Scunny and we know what happened there. Bad luck and all that. Counting chickens.

In hindsight its given the wrong impression.

Scunny play in our league, not yours.

Must say Mackie has been superb this month. Off the bench he will double his tally for this season. Hopefully our bench is alot stronger come Burton. Likes of Mackie,Browne, Carruthers on the bench. That to me is good enough for us to survive.

Grow up. You may not like his posts, but Kip is a genuine Oxford fan. Are you?

No. You’ve got me there. Nail hit well on the head. Never been to a single game in my life. Don’t even know what I was doing on that LRC to Plymuff.

I’m all grown up now though, thanks.

Mmm I get why some question whether Kip is an Oxford fan. At times it is as if he hates the club.

Only he can answer why he takes the stance he does but it pisses me off when people use the you’re not an Oxford fan line because of it. He is, and I know he’s been supporting Oxford over many years. I’d even say a fair few of you most likely know who he is!

No. You’ve got me there. Nail hit well on the head. Never been to a single game in my life. Don’t even know what I was doing on that LRC to Plymuff.

I’m all grown up now though, thanks.

Have to take your word on that one, won’t we.

Only he can answer why he takes the stance he does but it pisses me off when people use the you’re not an Oxford fan line because of it. He is, and I know he’s been supporting Oxford over many years. I’d even say a fair few of you most likely know who he is!

Timmy Mallet?

Then why did he admit to being a Scummer not very long ago? Posts since deleted.

Then why did he admit to being a Scummer not very long ago? Posts since deleted.

I can assure you that GUK is a real Oxford fan. He has been on this forum, the old YF, and TIU Goes to many away games too.
People may not like his posts, I often don't. But when all is said and done he's a good example of a glass half empty type.

I can assure you that GUK is a real Oxford fan. He has been on this forum, the old YF, and TIU Goes to many away games too.
People may not like his posts, I often don't. But when all is said and done he's a good example of a glass half empty type.

HALF empty?

You would know Malc.
You can totally understand why people question his 'support' though based on the comments which hardly indicate that he vaguely likes the club.

Simple, on that showing tonight, add a fitter Carruthers, and 2 strikers then we should stand a good chance of beating Burton.
The stats are really similar. Lost the same number but we drew three which they won. Several games we haven't quite lasted and that's the only difference in league position . They are much stronger home than away. I think we will score 2 so hopefully enough

Back
Top Bottom