Away Match Day Thread +++ 22/04/2019 Shrewsbury v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

I don't want anyone grassed up, but after the final whistle, some of our players got someone on the pitch from the away support to celebrate with the players. Was it one of our players , or a relative etc?

I saw the stewards were trying to get him "dealt with" by the police, but a player intervened and he was let back across the barriers into the crowd, hopefully with no further action taken.

Also some more inappropriate stewarding. Our two official photographers were on the pitch getting some pictures of Gavin Whyte with his hat-trick ball in front of the away fans, (presumably to get a better picture than from the touchline), and two stewards were quickly harrying them off the pitch. How about a bit of common sense?

I think we have to take into consideration how much football Graham has played these past few seasons. He’s a had a great run in our team and just maybe he’s feeling it a bit with fatigue. He’s played a lot of football in a short amount of time and I don’t feel his body is up to it yet. Give him a good pre-season and he’ll be flying next season. However, I am quite critical of his goal/assist ratio for a winger, needs to be much better in my opinion.

Agree. He was brilliant today and won’t be here for long with performances like that.

I do however, think Sykes is an even better prospect. The boy floats across the ground and glides past players. Not as quick as Whyte, but technically better and more balanced on the ball.

He was brilliant on debut at Accrington, and has been very good every game since.

Really excited to see how he develops, considering he has only been in pro football 3/4 months!
Agree. I saw Sykes on his debut at Accrington. We were rubbish but he was excellent after a nervy first ten minutes. I've only seen three debuts as confident as that. Matt Elliott, Jim Magilton, John Lundstram. He looks a really decent prospect. I think him and Whyte will be playing Championship in the next couple of years, with or without us....

I don't want anyone grassed up, but after the final whistle, some of our players got someone on the pitch from the away support to celebrate with the players. Was it one of our players , or a relative etc?

I saw the stewards were trying to get him "dealt with" by the police, but a player intervened and he was let back across the barriers into the crowd, hopefully with no further action taken.

Also some more inappropriate stewarding. Our two official photographers were on the pitch getting some pictures of Gavin Whyte with his hat-trick ball in front of the away fans, (presumably to get a better picture than from the touchline), and two stewards were quickly harrying them off the pitch. How about a bit of common sense?

FWIW I thought the stewards were pretty good yesterday. They all looked like professionals, not the usual college kids who need a Saturday job.

There was a little boy who couldn’t have been older than 3 or4 who got quite upset by the noise when our equaliser went in. The head steward to his credit came over and checked he was ok and offered to help.

grass ?
stewards and common sense rarely goes together

There was a little boy who couldn’t have been older than 3 or4 who got quite upset by the noise when our equaliser went in. The head steward to his credit came over and checked he was ok and offered to help.

Did he suggest the child go and watch S***don instead? No chance of any loud noises there. Or equalisers.

Obviously, I would (as would all of us) preferred us to have challenged at the top of this division, instead of fighting for our survival. But, after our disaster start and colly-wobble in the middle of this weird season, I'm sooooo proud of the lads and especially Mrs. Robinson! We did this in spite of, not because of, our chairman and the nasty money-owing threats from whoever wanted to f**k us up. If we can Keep Nelson and Graham, we will all be happy, I'm sure. We still need someone who can be relied to bang them in up front, but I trust KR to sort that little problem out. I'm chuffed to bits at the moment, especially for Whyte and Garbutt (can we keep him?)

Obviously, I would (as would all of us) preferred us to have challenged at the top of this division, instead of fighting for our survival. But, after our disaster start and colly-wobble in the middle of this weird season, I'm sooooo proud of the lads and especially Mrs. Robinson! We did this in spite of, not because of, our chairman and the nasty money-owing threats from whoever wanted to f**k us up. If we can Keep Nelson and Graham, we will all be happy, I'm sure. We still need someone who can be relied to bang them in up front, but I trust KR to sort that little problem out. I'm chuffed to bits at the moment, especially for Whyte and Garbutt (can we keep him?)

Garbutt is 26 in May and has played 112 games...around half of which between 2011-2014...probably time he played some football rather than taking the money (assuming he is now financially secure on 25k a week).

Would a championship club go for him? A very similar situation to Todd Kane

That lad was clearly mates with Sam Long but most of the squad and Robinson seemed to know him. I don't think he'll hear anymore about it but not the best idea to jump the barrier and go on the pitch.

love one comment from Shrewsbury fan about Whyte:
'it was like two oil tankers versus a speedboat'

Just watched the highlights, and while it was some very fine attacking play by Whyte, it was some epically bad defending from Shrewsbury for the last two goals. Possibly the worst I've seen in the league this season. They were both essentially hopeful punts upfield that were horribly misread by the CBs.

What was the fracas in the tunnel at h/t that was horrendous?
KR metioned that in his post match radox interview.... something along the lines of the last scum away game at a guess, something happened in the tunnel after the game , wasnt it involving MApp & scums sent off keeper there? All hushed up more or less

Back
Top Bottom