Home Match Build Up 28/10/2023 L1: OUFC v Wycombe Wanderers

Who will win?

• Total voters

Malc

Staff member
The Chair Boys are coming to town.
I wonder if they have leant any new tricks to waste time?

I've already got butterflies in my stomach about this one - I always do before a big derby. Wycombe will bring a noisy contingent. I'm just hoping the lads can rise to the occasion, however with our last two games equating to relegation form then a point here would definitely stop the rot.

When I find myself thinking dark thoughts like that, I take comfort in how well John Mousinho is doing at Portsmouth.

Sonny Perkins is such an enigma. I'm starting to think that he doesn't actually exist and he's some sort of myth. Has anyone actually seen him in person?
Could he be Jon Narbet's son-in-law? Just a thought. Probably nothing in it.

Not a fan of this view that just because we’ve had a couple of bad results and performances we should completely abandon the playing style that got us into 2nd in the first place.

It’s not the 80s anymore, “tippy tappy football” is the way the modern game is played, and it’s how you control a game of football.

We can debate whether the way we play it is sometimes too cautious and doesn’t probe as often as it could, but the ethos behind the way we play isn’t going to change any time soon.
Well I suppose we keep playing that way will keep us with high possession irrespective of the result.
I’m not saying stop the way we’re playing but when we are behind or seem to be getting nowhere then we should have a plan b and go long for a change

Well I suppose we keep playing that way will keep us with high possession irrespective of the result.
I’m not saying stop the way we’re playing but when we are behind or seem to be getting nowhere then we should have a plan b and go long for a change
And who exactly are we going to go 'long' to? One of our big, bustling forwards I guess!

IMG_1147.jpeg
Like the look of this.

Doubt Brannagan will start, as he's barley trained all week, otherwise I'd start him in place of McEachran

I wanna see Murphy get a game from the start, and Harris needs to come out of the side, as he's done nothing to win his place back from Bodin, who was excellent during Harris' suspension.

View attachment 16437
Like the look of this.

Doubt Brannagan will start, as he's barley trained all week, otherwise I'd start him in place of McEachran

I wanna see Murphy get a game from the start
Murphy starting would give us Mills, and some pace, to come off the bench which is something we've been lacking in the last few games.
Personally I'd start Stevens over Long. Neither are great at defending but at least Stevens gives us something going forwards.

Murphy starting would give us Mills, and some pace, to come off the bench which is something we've been lacking in the last few games.
Personally I'd start Stevens over Long. Neither are great at defending but at least Stevens gives us something going forwards.

I would like to see Murphy given an opportunity from the start. I know a lot of people have run out of patience but under a new manager with a decent run he could offer a lot

Last edited:
I would like to see Murphy given an opportunity from the start. I know a lot of people have run out of patience but under a new manager with a decent run could you offer a lot?
Totally agree. and gives us the added bonus of pace on the bench. I really REALLY want Murphy to score. Cant wait to see his reaction. His reaction when he assists is ace, so imagine when he scores.

That first decision is obviously wrong but - and I'm being unduly kind here - even the best of us miss the obvious sometimes. That second decision, on the other hand, is provably wrong and he has time to correct it. The fact he doesn't reveals arrogance I think.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom