General 2023/24 Squad Size

captainox

Squad list of professionals as it stands (will edit as players join/leave)
Those in BOLD count towards the squad size limit of 22 outfield players
To be classed as U21, need to be 21 or under as of 01/01/2024

Beadle
Brearey
Eastwood
McGinty

Brown
Findlay

Golding
Long
Moore

Negru
Seddon
Stevens
Thorniley

Bodin
Brannagan
Henry

Johnson
McEachran
McGuane
Smyth

Gorrin (invited to pre-season)

Baldock
Browne

Goodrham
Murphy
O'Donkor
Rodrigues
Wildschut

17/22

Last edited:

Brearey
Eastwood
McGinty
Stevens

Brown
Findlay

Golding
Long
Moore

Negru
Seddon

Bodin
Brannagan
Henry

Johnson
McGuane
Smyth

Baldock
Browne

Goodrham
Murphy
O'Donkor
Rodrigues
Wildschut

15/22
I would doubt that Baldock is given a squad number?

O'Donkor will go out on loan. A discussion has already been had with Oxford City about him for next season and it's quite likely he will end up at CPF for the season.

Interestingly, i understand that Liam Manning would like a look at Tyler Goodrham in pre-season. Subject to that, don't be at all surprised to see him also go to City on loan if a league 2 side cannot guarantee him regular playing time.

O'Donkor will go out on loan. A discussion has already been had with Oxford City about him for next season and it's quite likely he will end up at CPF for the season.

Interestingly, i understand that Liam Manning would like a look at Tyler Goodrham in pre-season. Subject to that, don't be at all surprised to see him also go to City on loan if a league 2 side cannot guarantee him regular playing time.
Definitely need 2 strikers in then. Otherwise we have none if Donks goes out

I knwo some disagree but I think a loan in the National League would be perfect for GOD. I loved his tenacity and energy but he needs lots of 90 minutes, he seemed to majorly lack cutting edge with finishing, if he finds that in his game in a good adult league sky is the limit.

Some people seem to think NL is beneath GOD meanwhile being delighted we have signed a player from that level. It's a good level. I think it could be the making of him and he could stay around the city.

Makes perfect sense for both of them I would say.

• React
Reactions: m
Stevens and Seddon are still ours?

I really hope we can offload a few players …..I’d be surprised if Gorrin is his former self or considered good enough to help us get promoted

Wildschutt May be looking elsewhere ?

Stevens and Seddon are still ours?

I really hope we can offload a few players …..I’d be surprised if Gorrin is his former self or considered good enough to help us get promoted

Wildschutt May be looking elsewhere ?
Stevens signed a new contract before joining Vale on loan. He is contracted until Summer 2025.

Seddon has a year left on his original deal.

I knwo some disagree but I think a loan in the National League would be perfect for GOD. I loved his tenacity and energy but he needs lots of 90 minutes, he seemed to majorly lack cutting edge with finishing, if he finds that in his game in a good adult league sky is the limit.

Some people seem to think NL is beneath GOD meanwhile being delighted we have signed a player from that level. It's a good level. I think it could be the making of him and he could stay around the city.

I don't disagree at all about the NL being a good landing spot for GOD next season.

I just question a little if City is the right fit.

His all-round hold-up play and movement last season was way beyond his years, and he looked like he belonged in League One.
His finishing was, however, exactly what you would expect from an 18 year old getting his first taste of professional football.

It's the finishing he needs to work on, and so I'd love for him to be playing for a NL team that's going to be carving out 2-3 solid chances for him a game.
With the best will in the world, I'm not sure that's going to be City. Danger at CPF is that he's going to find himself scrapping like hell in a struggling side for a half-chance here and there........

Wonder if somewhere like Woking would be better? Spasov seemed to do well there before he got hurt, and GOD is several levels up from him.

I'm just going off when player contracts expire, which tends to be on 30 June.

I don't disagree at all about the NL being a good landing spot for GOD next season.

I just question a little if City is the right fit.

His all-round hold-up play and movement last season was way beyond his years, and he looked like he belonged in League One.
His finishing was, however, exactly what you would expect from an 18 year old getting his first taste of professional football.

It's the finishing he needs to work on, and so I'd love for him to be playing for a NL team that's going to be carving out 2-3 solid chances for him a game.
With the best will in the world, I'm not sure that's going to be City. Danger at CPF is that he's going to find himself scrapping like hell in a struggling side for a half-chance here and there........

Wonder if somewhere like Woking would be better? Spasov seemed to do well there before he got hurt, and GOD is several levels up from him.

Some good points made.

I guess one benefit to City would be that it’s logistically perfect for him to train with our first team on days when City don’t.

Brearey
Eastwood
McGinty
Stevens

Brown
Findlay

Golding
Long
Moore

Negru
Seddon
Thorniley

Bodin
Brannagan
Henry

Johnson
McGuane
Smyth

Baldock
Browne

Goodrham
Murphy
O'Donkor
Rodrigues
Wildschut

16/22

Thanks for doing this. I always find it useful to know how many squad places we have left.

Just shows how bad a job Robinson did as we have so many spaces to fill, although the advantage of that is that we can crack on with new additions without desperately trying to clear players out to make space first, although there are some juicy wages amongst the players we already have so that may become a stumbling block.

Add McEachran in and we still have 5 more places for over 21s and some obvious gaps still to fill. Plenty of work still to do but very encouraging that we're making a decent start.

Brearey
Eastwood
McGinty
Stevens

Brown
Findlay

Golding
Long
Moore

Negru
Seddon
Thorniley

Bodin
Brannagan
Henry

Johnson
McGuane
Smyth

Baldock
Browne

Goodrham
Murphy
O'Donkor
Rodrigues
Wildschut

16/22
Gorrin should be in bold really, although I very much doubt he will be part of the squad for next season. Good by the club sticking with him during his rehab though.

We're starting to get close to a proper team, and it only took LM 3 days of the transfer window. Assuming McEachran and Garbutt both sign, and we're going for a 3atb, this is where we stand (using a 3421 formation):

Eastwood
(Stevens/McGinty)

Long Moore Thorniley
(Negru) (Findlay) (Brown)

New RWB McEachran CamBran Garbutt
(New RWB) (Smyth) (McGuane) (Seddon)

Murphy Browne
(Goodrham/Henry) (Rodrigues/Bodin)

New ST
(New ST/O'Donkor)
Shows us where the absolute priorities need to be next, and it's a surprise to no one, RWB and Striker where we need at least two in for each position. After that I think a RCB to be a first choice with Long as backup (get a loan for Negru), a proper bruiser style CDM to rotate with McEachran, and finally one more for the winger/inside forward position to help cover Henry and Bodin so we aren't relying on Goodrham quite so heavily.

7 players feels like a lot, but I think most could be covered by utilising the loan market. The only positions I think we need a proper permanent signing for are one of the strikers and one of the RWBs. It felt like a major uphill battle with what Karl the Merciless left us with, but 3 days into the transfer window and things are already looking pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom