Votes: 9 16.4%
  • A draw

Votes: 19 34.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
On to the next test. If we can win then we still have a chance at the play-offs.

If we win tomorrow and get at least a point on Saturday against Blackpool that would be a decent return let’s hope we are still in the mix after this difficult run of games
2-0 tomorrow night
COYY

Massive game. Lose and it’s two in a row and not looking likely for the playoffs (although anything can happen) but a win and we’ve finally beaten a decent side and right back on the confidence train 🚂

Currently the best we can hope for is a 0-0 draw. Unless we get a lucky break and score a freak goal of some sort. Doncaster are no push over or they wouldn't be in the position they are. Also one must take into account out pathetic results against teams in the top six. So I don't hold out a great deal of hope.

But there is still a little bit of hope left.

Currently the best we can hope for is a 0-0 draw. Unless we get a lucky break and score a freak goal of some sort. Doncaster are no push over or they wouldn't be in the position they are. Also one must take into account out pathetic results against teams in the top six. So I don't hold out a great deal of hope.

But there is still a little bit of hope left.
Since their 3-2 win over us, they have won 2, drawn 2 and lost 5. There won't have been a better time to play them.

Currently the best we can hope for is a 0-0 draw. Unless we get a lucky break and score a freak goal of some sort. Doncaster are no push over or they wouldn't be in the position they are.
Surely in football that is NEVER the case?
Of course we can hope for better than 0 0. We have players who are very capable of scoring. Doncaster could be poor on the night (all teams have off days), we may play as well as we know we can.
We are 9th in the league against a team that is 5th. Even if we were 15th 0 0 would not be the best we could hope for.

I feel like I'm repeating myself over and over this season with this message, but things haven't really ever changed........

Our record against the eight teams above us this season - P13 W0 D6 L7
Our record agains the eight bottom teams - P11 W10 D0 L1
(for completeness sake, our record against the other seven teams in the middle of the pack......P9 W4 D2 L3)

Honestly, I found those stats barely believable because no team is ever that consistently good against the dross, and that consistently inept against the top sides (whilst being solid if unspectacular against the other midtable sides) - but we are in 2020-21.

With only three more games to play against them, I guess we're now at the point where it would be possible for us to reach the playoffs without ever beating a top team all season - a couple of draws against the likes of Doncaster and Lincoln, a few good wins against mid table sides and then continuing to batter the bottom-feeders would probably get us there.

But it goes without saying that we're not going to win the playoffs without beating anyone good (unless we're really expert at penalties).

Time to break the streak and beat Doncaster. We were the better side against them for large swathes of the game last month and they've lost their manager and been on a mostly bad run since.......

That is truly remarkable, Tony! I won't particularly care if these streaks continue, given that we've only got a few "good" sides to play and lots of "dross" (and 91% victories is a great streak to keep going). We can start changing the streak once we get into the playoffs.

Dont know why but i have a really good feeling about tomorrow night. I'm as convinced that we will beat Donny as i was that we would get nothing out of Hull.

3:1 to the mighty yellows. Things will click tomorrow night. (Serious egg on face if we get battered). (and i dont mean scotchers lol)

If Donny sit back and hit us on the break then they will beat us. If they attack us then we have a chance of taking all 3pts.

But it goes without saying that we're not going to win the playoffs without beating anyone good (unless we're really expert at penalties).
Well our keeper isn't too shabby at keeping them out, so you never know...

Another game, another team selection etc etc. I’m getting prediction fatigue and have fallen over the cliff ledge of expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom