• Donny

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 55 48.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going by the videos I’ve seen of Barker, he looks pretty exciting, and has real quality, so is probably a shoe in to be our number one left winger.

However, nobody should consider there place in the team a given, and get complacent, as there’s now genuine competition for all places throughout the side, so he’ll have to deliver of course, if he wants to keep his place, as will all the assumed current shoe ins.

But my god, do we look a lot stronger in depth now throughout the squad, and if Robbo gets his team selections right, and is flexible with his formations, we really could see something special between now and the end of the season!

Exciting times, bring it on!

A Rangers fan pal of mine tells me he is very surprised Gerrard let Barker go south to a League 1 side - shows KR must be held high by Rangers. My pal also says Barker rips other SPL sides apart so, bearing in mind most of them are about mid-Championship standard, if he plays tomorrow, we could be in for a very interesting afternoon!! COYY!.

Lots of interesting teams on here, I think Robbo will keep the new boys on the bench though and start the team which has been on the winning run for us:

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Kelly Gorrin Brannagan
Henry Taylor Shodipo

I would be shocked if that wasn't the team, although it would be exciting to see one or more of the new signings start. I think he'll bring them off the bench to make an impact if we're losing.

Lots of interesting teams on here, I think Robbo will keep the new boys on the bench though and start the team which has been on the winning run for us:

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Kelly Gorrin Brannagan
Henry Taylor Shodipo

I would be shocked if that wasn't the team, although it would be exciting to see one or more of the new signings start. I think he'll bring them off the bench to make an impact if we're losing.
Honestly. I think we should stick with Gorrin as the sole CDM and have Brannagan and Henry ahead of him, with Barker and Shodipo on the wings. I like Kelly and he has improved over the last few months but we have so much quality at our disposal right now now. I think we should get at them early on!

Going by the videos I’ve seen of Barker, he looks pretty exciting, and has real quality, so is probably a shoe in to be our number one left winger.

However, nobody should consider there place in the team a given, and get complacent, as there’s now genuine competition for all places throughout the side, so he’ll have to deliver of course, if he wants to keep his place, as will all the assumed current shoe ins.

But my god, do we look a lot stronger in depth now throughout the squad, and if Robbo gets his team selections right, and is flexible with his formations, we really could see something special between now and the end of the season!

Exciting times, bring it on!
I think that might be why Barker is why with us for the rest of the reason - consistency in the quality of what he does! If he did on a regular basis, he wouldn't be playing in League One, as applies to many of our players.

A lot tomorrow will depend on the match fitness of the new boys. I hope KR goes for a n attacking side and puts them on the back foot. But, playing Donny a team In form like us, should make for a great game. COYY’s.

We have only won 1 of 10 (W1 D4 L5) against the top half this season. Hope we can improve on that tomorrow but a point would do nicely.

Fancy us for this, we are on one hell of a roll, I’ve struck £10 to back that up, even if we do lose I’m now very confident we’re going up!!!!!

I’m really struggling to understand how some fans can’t see us getting anything from Donny. We haven’t lost in 13 and we have won 9 on the bounce!!! If you don’t fancy us to get something now, when will you!?
No doubt they are good team, but no one is unbeatable. Over the last few years, we have gone to places like Doncaster, Rotherham, Peterborough and won, when we were underdogs for the win.

The only thing lacking tomorrow, that always makes a difference at those grounds is the away support, which is always fantastic. It's 11 vs 11 on the pitch, and with the depth we now have, there is no team, home or away that we should see as not getting anything from. Look at Ipswich last year, a team on the up, we made them look quite ordinary.

No doubt they are good team, but no one is unbeatable. Over the last few years, we have gone to places like Doncaster, Rotherham, Peterborough and won, when we were underdogs for the win.

The only thing lacking tomorrow, that always makes a difference at those grounds is the away support, which is always fantastic. It's 11 vs 11 on the pitch, and with the depth we now have, there is no team, home or away that we should see as not getting anything from. Look at Ipswich last year, a team on the up, we made them look quite ordinary.
I think the fact there aren’t any home fans, will also play to our advantage. Of course, our away following is great so it’s a shame we cannot attend. It does, however, make it a level playing field in that respect.

This really is the ultimate litmus test after beating 9 somewhat okay-ish teams. Like you mentioned, we made Ipswich look ordinary and we should have beaten them. On another day, we would have beaten Blackpool and Pompey. I think we played very well in those games and were good value for a point, or more.

Are we the underdogs for tomorrow? Maybe in terms of league position but most definitely not, when it comes to form. The bookies may disagree with me though. I can’t wait!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom